Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 14.6.1

[DE]Rebecca

It defeats the point, though, doesn't it? Are you not blinding enemies so they don't have the chance to become aware of you? 

(Note: I am genuinely asking here... I am not an Excalibur user, so I really don't know)

I tend to use the skill in situations where I'm under enemy pressure, things like hitting the LS capsule, reviving a player, or I hear a heavy gunner start to rev up. It's just my play style but I use it to react to or avoid bad things that would happen to me or my squad. 

It would mean you can't spam it while running for the door, or would have to accept some risk before spamming it while running for the door. 

How do you think the skill should work? I really like using it reactively and don't mind assuming some more risk for the effects of the blind. 

Excalibur is a Warframe powered by the tenno, who are creatures transformed by the void, they are godly.

Who did ever say Excal's blind came from a flash? It's excalibur manipulating enemies' mind and making everyone else feel it in the proccess, it does not need a LOS, nor does rhino as some people say, because rhino TWISTS SPACE-TIME with his strenght, no material can stop it.

• PvP Bladestorm balancing:

-Reduced maximum number of attacks to [2, 3, 4, 5] to address issues with players getting stuck in Bladestorm-ed state for up to 15+ hits.

-Increased the PvP damage multiplier from 0.1 per hit to 0.5 per hit in an effort to keep damage output in line with previous values.

So we now die in 1-2 hits instead of 3-4. Yeah, this is still fair. /sarcasm

In all honesty why can't there be a system put in place that just doesn't allow certain abilities/frames, weapons, and mods in PvP. It seems that DE is trying to balance PvE with PvP and making any changes to affect one drastically affects the other and throws the game even more out of balance than it already is. This is why many of us call for the systems to be 100% separate. There needs to be a version of EVERYTHING separate for PvP in order for PvE to continue it's current style. This will take a lot of time and work, but it is needed to keep the overall game play in balance with itself.

Additions:

• Added Rank display to item browsing, meaning you can now see what rank your gear is in the inventory. As an example, in the scenario of building an Aklex and you have three, one which is Rank 30, you can now see the item's rank in this new display!

Ouh neat!

Trinity:

• Trinity's Blessing is now recastable while passive damage reduction is active. This means you no longer need to wait for your Duration timers to expire before being able to recast Blessing.

That's excellent news for all trinity users.^^

Excalibur:

• Firstly, an explanation in intent and next steps:
  • Dev observed and experienced the uninhibited blinding effect in up to a 60 M Range with several environments coming between Excalibur and targets. This prompted review.
  • Secondly, the 14.6.0 changes have all been reverted as they were experimental and not intended to function in the way they did for this brief 12 hour window.
  • Thirdly, what you can expect down the road is Radial Blind functioning in a way that considers Line-of-sight. The 14.6.0 unintended version suffered from a lot of problems with this approach, and coming will be radically improved line-of-sight checks for Radial Blind. Targets behind cover that can still see Excalibur are blinded. Other bodies won’t inhibit their blindness, but walls will.

Oh, that explains everything.^^

Rage Mod:

• First, a quick brief in the history of changes this Mod has undergone:
  • This Mod was originally fixed to not give a player energy for damage that was never dealt to player. When we added the damage predeath state in Conclaves, etc, the original fix was unintentionally reverted.
  • The 14.6.0 fix resolves issues where Rage + Quick Thinking gave effective permanent invulnerability because energy was being added to pool that was never dealt to player. With this change in mind, the combination of Rage and Quick Thinking may seem less efficient as before due to no longer giving effective invulnerability. The scope of this change is being monitored to ensure the usefulness of these Mods as a combination.

Wait a minute... The problem is not with Rage, it's with Quick Thinking!^^'

So basically Rage was ALSO bugged? That's odd, it seems to be doing what the mod desciption says : 40 energy gained for 100 health lost. I didn't notice anything wrong after the last fix...^^'

Now, about Quick Thinking : Is it bugged? Because it doesn't seam to reflect the 240% efficiency and/or armor factor anymore. That's what we were worried about, unless I missed an episode...^^'

Edited by Marthrym

So we now die in 1-2 hits instead of 3-4. Yeah, this is still fair. /sarcasm

In all honesty why can't there be a system put in place that just doesn't allow certain abilities/frames, weapons, and mods in PvP. It seems that DE is trying to balance PvE with PvP and making any changes to affect one drastically affects the other and throws the game even more out of balance than it already is. This is why many of us call for the systems to be 100% separate. There needs to be a version of EVERYTHING separate for PvP in order for PvE to continue it's current style. This will take a lot of time and work, but it is needed to keep the overall game play in balance with itself.

Um, PvP is 100% separate from PvE in terms of changes. -_-

Edited by Rakshal

This is pretty amazing!

Also, The "Line of Sight" nerf of Radial Blind is understandable.

But, could I suggest to have the it work the same way as Trinity's Blessing? Meaning, allow Radial Blind to be recast even when the blind duration isn't over yet.

I agree we should be able to blind the hek out of our enemies! Seriously as a hardcore Excalibur player I would love this!

Trinity is useless, her blessing cant save u  because u are one hit dead from anything in t4 high runs, its more useful to take something better, like loki and nekros or anything else except trinity to prevent mobs reaching u. Kubrows are useless too, for low level runs, only one useful kubrow is sahasa for quick runs when u need energy at the begining, kubrows cant even one shot first pluto ancients with maxed maul and bite, they die very fast with maxed hp,armor and shield, even + max tank rino , means ur kub have more hp etc (kubrows die mostly in one sec from nova ulti splash damage and infested flying creatures), hardly can reach high lvl mobs alive and ofc cant harm them, puppies for looks yet, going to sell maxed kubrow mods, i not use these useless creatures, sentinels are 100x better, damage , survivability and usefulness, and sahasa for quick runs can come naked even so no need for rank 10 maxed mods.

actually when it comes to health valkyr and saryn have more than rhino. also valkyr has more armor than rhino.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

You are really looking for sense in a game about space ninjas ? That use void magic ? That spams tornadoes, blizzards, sets world on fire, call for barrage from a ship in another dimmension, changes into a puddle of water, creating disco balls, and mini black holes, crushing enemies with gravity, and stomping time itself ?

Oh please ^^

this is hilarious call of duty is a fantasy game and so is battlefield and so is any other shooter like UT and quake and doom but guess what they obey LoS rules as well. act like you've played other shooters. better yet accept that they are adding more mechanics to excal and that they are moving him in the forward direction rather than giving useless replys.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I hope they rework excals other skills so hes viable after the "LOS FIX" becuase if they don't I can't find myself playing anymore.I forma'd my Excal 7 times going on 8 now to get him ready for the nerf in the hopes he gets a skill reworked.

Please DE! when you polish him make Excal viable for tough content like T4 again.

I don't want to have to play another warframe just to be able to join a t4 or High tier S/D :( 

this is hilarious call of duty is a fantasy game and so is battlefield and so is any other shooter like UT and quake and doom but quess what they obey LoS rules as well. act like you've played other shooters. better yet accept that they are adding more mechanics to excal and that they are moving him in the forward direction rather than giving useless replys.

i like that the light can be blocked by things (within reason). 

fantasy usually involves things that cant happen irl, like magic. or um.. magic. and mythical fictional beings.

i like that the light can be blocked by things (within reason). 

fantasy usually involves things that cant happen irl, like magic. or um.. magic. and mythical fictional beings.

magic is not the only fictional thing fantasy games can have. all the guns in UT quake and doom and some of them in CoD and Battlefield are infact fictional.