Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 14.6.1

[DE]Rebecca

Dang, 

Forma my excal already 4 times to create a build built around radial blind, including max reach.  I really enjoy the utility skills and depend on weapons for damage, all the powers are sub-par at high levels.  I was using excal and my main warframe.  

I hope we get a reset to our formas when they completely change the way the skill was designed.  I understand the logic, but only if it is applied to all the Warframes.  Why pick on excal and his 1 useful ability?  Why not pick on Rhino!  

p.s. stretch mods (and overextend) are mods that are not logical.  We should remove them!  Come on, forget logic in a video game unless you make the whole dang thing logical.  There are so many examples of this.  Why even use a stretch mod anymore if you only get LOS?  Why even forma if you no longer need high level mods.  

I hope radial disarm gets the same treatment.  You know what, it should not damage Infested either.  Nova should be LOS as well, why can this magic spread and excal magic not.  As a matter of fact, just remove all skills and just have swords and guns, that is logical.  

p.s.s logic sucks in games

Edited by Educated_Beast

Dang, 

Forma my excal already 4 times to create a build built around radial blind, including max reach.  I really enjoy the utility skills and depend on weapons for damage, all the powers are sub-par at high levels.  I was using excal and my main warframe.  

I hope we get a reset to our formas when they completely change the way the skill was designed.  I understand the logic, but only if it is applied to all the Warframes.  Why pick on excal and his 1 useful ability?  Why not pick on Rhino!  

yea now i will have to go out and get shot blinding people, and will die easier in open environments. The nerf was totally uncalled for. 

Rage with quick thinking was a fun combination before. Minus the continues stagger effect, man Tht really is a penalty cuz your literally useless when under heavy fire with 2 health left. After the update, rage and quick thinking gone.. Worse( just an opinion). Now you die wayy to easily, level 35 corpus took down my health and energy wayy to quickly, since rage didn't even help anymore. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted.

Thanks for the update.

As a bonus to excalibur's blind prehaps giving it an innate piercing amount (fairly small something like 0.1/0.2/0.3/0.5) that is modified by power strength could give the power that little bit more useability without actually hindering the total intent of the change.

This way builds can be made a bit more flexable in choice and players can chose a diffuse but far reaching flash or a close brightly piercing flash, or something in between.

Edited by Loswaith

Unlisted 14.6.0 change: There is now a Dojo chat tab when in the Dojo!

Now that you remember me, Dojo's decoration placement is still bugged to oblivion, making most of the truly relevant rooms (like mostly empty gardens, swamp and watery version especially) practically impossible to decorate.

Trinity's Blessing is now recastable while passive damage reduction is active. This means you no longer need to wait for your Duration timers to expire before being able to recast Blessing.

We needed that. Well, I would have solved the walking-invulnerability-trinity problem in a different way but already wrote about that so I'm not going to start over. Also I bet there are dozens of topics on that.

Thirdly, what you can expect down the road is Radial Blind functioning in a way that considers Line-of-sight.

I'm not going to logically question this (light reflection from walls, etc.) but I hope you won't forget about the other blind effects either, like of Mirage. She is overpowered at least and I know you want to sell your latest frame, if you do make the OP at the beginning you will either have to nerf it later or the frames will be more and more imbalanced - both resulting in players whining on forums. Yes, like me.

Rage Mod

Give one of them an "over-x-seconds" affix and you have solved all the problems.

Changed loading screen/matchmaking logic

I end up in a different much more than I would want - I click a map, game says it's trying to find others and I get put onto loading screen, we are flying towards the sun or something else that's blinding the cr*p out of my eyes (did you do this so we Had to move the ship during loads? blocking out the light...) and a different map is loaded. I've lost alerts this way, when I got out they already expired. Even without alerts, this is frustrating.

I believe this is due to the mechanic that seems to make you lock on to missions when you click them once. What I think happened. Guy clicked the same map as I did, game locked on for him. I clicked the mission, game made a list who is on that map and started looking for open spots. Guy cancelled and went for another map. My side has found the guy on the list, starts loading. He starts mission. My side loads his mission too. Bam.

Just a guess but it seems that the game mechanic is fixated on the player and not the map to make the match. Sure, it seems logical but there seems to be no communication after the initial check.

Also nowadays I find it harder to find open groups and players seem to rarely join me (dunno which patch is to blame, I don't play 24/7) and frequently get "host migration" to some other guy, even if we end up stuttering and laggy (ALL of us lagging, not just me, I wouldn't say it otherwise). I really think we don't need host evaluation, we need a table of availible matches and the option to host ourselves even in public games instead.

I've frequently met with the annoying situation when there is a single guy hosting a public game on the mission I want, and whenever I click the map in public, I'm put into his game. He might be afk, server lagging, whatever and I quit because it's unplayable. Yet I cannot host the mission myself just like that, I have to get people from reqruitment channel, invite manually... Why in Haven's name? If I just simply click the mission again I'm in his game again.

Why no option to host or browse availible matches? We might even find people we met before and could form friendships! Okay, that was an exaggeration but still. I see no problem lore wise even the Lotus telling us which agents she has deployed there...

Mine Osprey

Can we get sentinels like these babies? Including the other ospreys, they are simply cool - okay, fragile, but cool! Again, already existing sentinels REALLY need balancing which mostly means buffing their weapons to hell and back.

Potential FPS loss

Dunno if that's the reason but I have witnessed quite a bit of fps loss compared to previous versions. Again, I seem to have met with more effects (like clouds of fog) from before and cold-shieldhalving maps always had a toll on my rig. Okay, it's not a beast perching on my desk but not everyone has the money to get a superb rig (not going into debates about what others consider "superb") - well, this is a f2p game, so I guess you can expect that (actually you already did, mentioned in several older DEposts).

Fixed an issue where Lotus would constantly talk to you at the end of Survival Alerts.

Yea, she had/has a tendency to forget her speech and when everything ends, say it all at once.

Fixed issues with Void missions not pausing when playing Solo and hitting ESC.

ESC seems to function quite badly in the UI, frequently closing an active menu when I just want to quit chat. So I have a closed menu and my chat with a still flashing cursor, blocking my movement. Honestly, if something is in the focus, make sure that's the one reacting to ESC. Please.

Dang, 

p.s. stretch mods (and overextend) are mods that are not logical.  We should remove them!  Come on, forget logic in a video game unless you make the whole dang thing logical.  There are so many examples of this.  Why even use a stretch mod anymore if you only get LOS?  Why even forma if you no longer need high level mods.  

I hope radial disarm gets the same treatment.  You know what, it should not damage Infested either.  Nova should be LOS as well, why can this magic spread and excal magic not.  As a matter of fact, just remove all skills and just have swords and guns, that is logical.  

p.s.s logic sucks in games

Dunno, Radial Blind does seem to be like, a flashbang instead of like some kind of blinding light that spreads everywhere.. And Nova's ulti is about those anti-matter stuff so that S#&$ can spread everywhere right? I dunno about the Radial Disarm though.. Did I just waste your time? xD

I find all the excal whine funny.

Excal was the second last frame I got out of the original set(started in u7 and got him in u10), and he ended up one of my favorites, and never once was it because "oh yeah, that radial blind".

Radial Javelin is LONG over-due for a buff(it was always pretty bad), but all of this "he's USELESS now", with such a very minor tweak is quite telling--if all you ever used him for was a maximum range "blind everything permanently", I suppose losing that would be devastating. However, if you actually used him as a frame(rather than a cheap immortality trick), he's still quite good(save for the sadness that is RJ).

THIS! You are AWESOME :D

I figure this has been said by now, but may your cows grow fat and your cups never empty for allowing us to finally mute Ordis!

Heck, to be honest, that's the sort of news that almost makes me want to forgive DE for the Mod UI 'update'.  Nice job, =P

Edited by Aikurisu

Although I am using Excalibur daily,

It is like this nerf taking up from a player the choice "how it plays."
and It is like abandoning enjoying oneself by trial and error, and choosing other frames.

(This is not a spread of a choice and is the loss of property for a player.)

Originally it is an ideal that a choice increases for a player through strengthening or weakening by adjustment.

However, the present condition is different.
And as compared with the contents of a game (level design of an enemy level or a map),

In specific frame, in order to play the end of a game, there is capability lowness and it is very difficult to clear.

Therefore, it is in the state where the choice of the player is taken by frame chosen on stages,

such as void, becoming the same each time.
(the choice is already separated from the player exceeding management by MOD building)

Although buff and nerf are one of the life-prolonging measures of IP made without changing a level design,

your company depends on it too much, and is considered to seldom have succeeded these days.
(and this English forum is also remarkable in addition, there is a tendency which hears the opinion of a hard core layer too much)

A fundamental improvement of adjustment of a level design, etc. is desired especially from now on.

Now, although I have participated from a Japanese area, I feel that new players have been increasing in number recently.
Those who get interested in Warframe clearly are increasing in number.

Therefore, I ask you to have a game adjusted more delicately.

(If it says frankly, Excalibur will be frame to which ability has only Radial Blind. In case of as it is, nobody uses truly)

What is your logic behind Trinity?

Edit: I'm seriously curious. Why not just make it 100% at max rank?

Because a 100% super-max-amazing-heal by an unranked power is ridiculous?

Just saying.

If a power is more valuable and 'stronger' when it is unranked rather than ranked, don't you think there's a problem?

Because a 100% super-max-amazing-heal by an unranked power is ridiculous?

Just saying.

If a power is more valuable and 'stronger' when it is unranked rather than ranked, don't you think there's a problem?

He did suggest making it 100% at MAX rank, you know? 

Not going to thank you for the updates, firstly because you didn't announce the past update that Excalibur has changed "It was done for testing" riiight....
The community probably wont like it, since there are little locations in warframe maps that have pure LoS open. (Just like everyone removing his ulti since it's LoS.) 
Most warframe's abilities are not LoS, do not nerf excalibur more than he was prior to this.
(Either reduce the overall duration on the blind effect to make it fair, or just reduce the range a bit)
This update for Excalibur (Even if it is logical in a sense, and warframe overall isn't logical in any way) is a pure nerf to the ground since we all know no one uses Slash & dash or Radial Javelin because they are too situational.

That's better thank you however I'm not going to apologise for my early rants as I don't see how you can put in a nerf and then not put it in patch notes and then say it wasn't meant to be put in.

Radial blind should not get any kind of nerf unless he gets a whole rework to his other abilities that's a definant yes.

Why you want to change it to line of sight the animation is 360 Degress so it goes everywhere, besides don't forget light can reflect off objects and go over objects so by saying a enemy was behind cover does not do much at all since he could still see the light. Line of sight is also a no no, either change to a cool down or less range that's all. If it's logic you worry about then change the name like others suggested. Just change it to shoot last known spot or where they hear shooting sounds, silence weapons only work and melee

Logic is not well founded in this game and should not be based on only certain skills.

As always, thanks for the fixes!

Any word yet on leaderboards properly displaying players' Cryotic Front score for runs that were started just before the event ended? No movement on my support ticket yet.

I hope this is not a dead issue for DE considering that trophies already went out. My clan is far away from trophy status, but I would still like to have my crew's achievement recorded in the annals of history. Esp considering all that we went through to get it (last 30 mins of the run, only one extractor would drop, even though we didn't have any destroyed during the mission). And we weren't abusing Trinity glitch to boot!!!  :-P

Thank you!