Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Radial Blind Nerf Would've Made Sense (If The Enemies Weren't Zergs With Assault Rifles)

Guest Tehnoobshow

Guest Tehnoobshow

I understand the point in nerfing Radial Blind, it seems too easy to turn every single enemy in a 60 meter radius into shooting targets. However, what the devs fail to realize is that even though all those enemies are rendered useless, an equal or greater number of active enemies can charge into the same area in the time it takes for the blind to wear off. With the way the enemies in Warframe are now, there simply isn't a way for the players to not abuse overpowered abilites, because the enemies come in groups comparable to the Red Army every single game. They're basically zombies with gun. But the thing is, the devs don't seem to realize how the enemies are now. With the change to Radial Blind, DE clearly overestimated the challenge each individual enemy unit presented, and underestimated the numbers that enemies attack in. It's like they don't even play thier own game, or rather, fail to be capable of deciding what they want the enemies in Warframe to act like.

That's the main problem with this game, the devs don't know what they want it to be, and so the player base is left arguing over which of their own personal visions of the game is right.

Basically, DE, you have two options if you want to make the enemies for each faction balanced. Either:

Keep most units as mindless zombies, and develop more minibosses to force the players to cooperate every once in a while. (The Left 4 Dead style)

or

Make all the enemies at least as challenging as the current Ambulas is, and severely reduce their numbers while bumping up drop rates. (The F.E.A.R. style)

Different factions can act differently, like the Infested being the former and the Corpus and Grineer being the latter, and the differences don't have to be as hyperbolic as I posted. However, you may not choose to do something in between, as that would put us in the same mess we are in now.

Radial Blind can be recasted almost immediately. It doesn't matter how many of them run into the field. With an energy efficient build you can essentially perma-stunlock every enemy on a defense mission. I know this because I frequently do it. Rushing is completely ineffective against radial blind.

Edited by xRufus7x