Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Blade Storm Buffed On 14.6.1

.Talia.

I liked 14.6.1 specially the Rage and Quick Thinking changes.

But this... 

Other Changes:

• PvP Bladestorm balancing:
    -Reduced maximum number of attacks to [2, 3, 4, 5] to address issues with players getting stuck in Bladestorm-ed state for up to 15+ hits.
    -Increased the PvP damage multiplier from 0.1 per hit to 0.5 per hit in an effort to keep damage output in line with previous values.

So instead of 15 attacks with 0.1 multiplier, now Blade Storm do 5 attacks with 0.5 multiplier... I'm not very good at math but...

5 * 0.5 = 2.5

15 * 0.1 = 1.5

2.5 / 1.5 = 1,666666666666667

Blade Storm is dealing 66.6% more damage, and doing it 3x faster than before.

I mean... I don't even... Whaaaaa................................ 

Edited by RexSol

I think one of the problems was constantly being stunlocked, but not the damage.

So if you survive bladestorm, you should be able to retaliate much quicker than before.

Also, perhaps less slash procs as well? Not completely sure about the logic behind the change.

But this... 

So instead of 15 attacks with 0.1 multiplier, now Blade Storm do 5 attacks with 0.5 multiplier... I'm not very good at math but...

5 * 0.5 = 2.5

15 * 0.1 = 1.5

Blade Storm is dealing 66.6% more damage, and doing it faster than before.

I asked this in another thread, I'll ask again here.

Will or will not most of that "extra damage" be displaced on enemies who could have been killed with a weaker attack rather than a stronger one?

I think one of the problems was constantly being stunlocked, but not the damage.

So if you survive bladestorm, you should be able to retaliate much quicker than before.

Also, perhaps less slash procs as well? Not completely sure about the logic behind the change.

It's was already hard to survive and boring to get "stunlock"

But this... 

5 * 0.5 = 2.5

15 * 0.1 = 1.5

Blade Storm is dealing 66.6% more damage, and doing it faster than before.

She doesnt really explain what of rage and QT was changed. can you explain? cuz i see no change on the description. about to  test it now.

less slash procs as well?

IIRC slash status effects don't work on enemy players in pvp modes. as someone who used to spam shurkens and uses a marelok with a bleed status build in pvp. all my slash procs wouldn't have a damage over time effect, not sure when it happened but it was some time after darksecter pvp was a thing.

Edited by RIOTx

The problem I have with Ash is not that his ability is a guaranteed kill (a lot of other stuffs are too), it's that it's goddamn annoying. Stuck in that death animation for almost a minute, with Ash (who looks like an insect with his alt helmet) repeatedly stinging you from behind until you die. It's like watching a slow-mo movie of a rat gnawing at wood, only ten times more irritating. 

5 * 0.5 = 2.5

15 * 0.1 = 1.5

Who uses commas for representing decimal points?

But anyways, a decrease in power strength to around 0.3 (±0.05) would keep its damage value around the same with its previous iteration. 

But anyways, a decrease in power strength to around 0.3 (±0.05) would keep its damage value around the same with its previous iteration. 

The Windows Calculator does. xD I Just Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.

She doesnt really explain what of rage and QT was changed. can you explain? cuz i see no change on the description. about to  test it now.

I will record a video explaining in detail how Quick Thinking and Rage works together now. I will post on the forums when it's done.

I asked this in another thread, I'll ask again here.

Will or will not most of that "extra damage" be displaced on enemies who could have been killed with a weaker attack rather than a stronger one?

Yes, but it will 1 or 2 Hit K.O. everyone.

Talking to some devs about this right now...

Edit: and multiplier will likely be decreased.

That's our Lotus, the voice of the community!!

Edited by RexSol

Actually I think many other countries beside US/UK uses comma instead of dot to represent decimals.  I remember having to do that as a child.

Edited by Hueminator

Actually I think other country uses comma instead of dot to represent decimals.  I remember having to do that as a child.

I always disagreed with that resolution made with the CGPM on letting decimal points being either a dot or a comma. The decimal point should be just a dot, and the thousands separator be a comma, so that reading different mathematical articles would not have this small headache. 

But I digress. 

But this... 

5 * 0.5 = 2.5

15 * 0.1 = 1.5

Lets wait and see what happens. I think if we reduce the overall attacks from ash, players will get hit once or twice and not die. I honestly do not think this is will one KO everyone (unless they out rank you of course) as I have been hit by ash up to 5 times and lived.

Trust me guys, my KD went from 7:1 to 5:5 tonight... All from 2 ashs spamming blade storm on me. Noone wants to see blade storm changed more than me right now, but lets not nerf it into the ground.   

Red

Lets wait and see what happens. I think if we reduce the overall attacks from ash, players will get hit once or twice and not die. I honestly do not think this is will one KO everyone (unless they out rank you of course) as I have been hit by ash up to 5 times and lived.

Trust me guys, my KD went from 7:1 to 5:5 tonight... All from 2 ashs spamming blade storm on me. Noone wants to see blade storm changed more than me right now, but lets not nerf it into the ground.   

Red

Sure, i don't wanna see it nerfed to oblivion. But now it's just stronger than before. They meant to balance it for PvP but actually buffed it.

Talking to some devs about this right now...

Edit: and multiplier will likely be decreased.

oh cool, that's great to hear! i understand that adding additional mechanics to balance bladestorm is too time consuming(coding/testing/concept), but nerfing the damage by alot should make alot of players happy for now, right?. you guys must take into consideration max efficiency and power strength ash build when determining damage values.

you should visit these parts of the forums more often, rebecca :)