Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapons For The Late Game

BioRig

Question

Hellow all!

Ive been playing for a while now and i wonder wich weapons are the best for the most difficult levels of the game?

If you could leave your opinion on wich weapons from the market are good and wich every other weapon (prime and everything else) is for the later stages of the game.

Thank you all in advance!

25 answers to this question

Depending what you mean by late game, any gun can be very viable when modded... BUT take a look at these:

boltor prime

soma

burston prime

marelok

brakk

dakra prime

dragon nikana

boar prime 

EDIT: added

Orthos prime

latron prime/wraith are both aight

amprex/synapse

paris prime/dread 

Edited by Moving_Target32

Yeah, as Moving said it really depends on what you want to kill.

Personally I like the Synapses for sustain damage since you can easily use the Damage 2.0 to pwn specific enemies.

On the other hand you have snipers or bows for single target damage. With the proper build you can get HUGE red crits.

Depending what you mean by late game, any gun can be very viable when modded... BUT take a look at these:

boltor prime

soma

burston prime

marelok

brakk

dakra prime

dragon nikana

boar prime 

By late game i mean the highest of defense and survival missions in and out of the void and thanks ill take a look at those

What about secondary weapons? I really like to have a secondary that is viable when my primary runs out of ammo or i cant reload in time in a tight situation besides the marlok and brakk that were already messioned

i go with despair normally, not bad dps and has puncture damage for those armored targets. sometime i use akbronco prime (didn't have brakk) which i use to spam status effects, it's annoying to craft and needs lots of formas and potato so i wouldn't exactly recommend it.

i go with despair normally, not bad dps and has puncture damage for those armored targets. sometime i use akbronco prime (didn't have brakk) which i use to spam status effects, it's annoying to craft and needs lots of formas and potato so i wouldn't exactly recommend it.

Despair is kind hard to get, you have to be very lucky what else do you recommend?

Dual Zoren is another good melee weapon. It has low base damage and reach but a high crit chance, crit multiplier and attack speed more than make up for it. Especially with speed boosts from Volt or Valkyr. Same can be said about Dual Ichor. It's virtually identical but it has Toxin as it's base damage type

Edited by hdtoast

Maybe because they mostly situational so to speak just like the penta you use it mostly on defense missions i think

It is only situational if you want it to be. I find it very usefull especially with Nova and pick up elite target to proc the chain reaction. It works well in Endless Defense and Survival when you need to burst a target to kill as quickly as possible. Snipers has the fastest time to kill. Which is very usefull against strong targets such as Eximus.

My endgame builds are as follows weapon wise.

Primary:Tigris, Hek, Sybaris, Paris Prime, Miter, Vectis, Ignis, Snipetron V, and Glaxion

Secondary: Marelok, Lex Prime, Pyrana, Nukor, DexFuris, and Twin Gremlins

Melee: Glaive Prime, Venka, Kronen, Fang Prime, Dual Ichors, Scoliac, and Kama.

It all depends on frame and mood but most of them allow me to get to easily 40-50min survivals while keeping top damage and kills.

Any weapon is good for endgame with enough forma and maxed mods, the question is just how many forma you're willing to put into them. Regardless, endgame is more ability dependant than weapons simply b/c weapon damage does not scale well and are really just useful for the viral proc.

My endgame builds are as follows weapon wise.

Primary:Tigris, Hek, Sybaris, Paris Prime, Miter, Vectis, Ignis, Snipetron V, and Glaxion

Secondary: Marelok, Lex Prime, Pyrana, Nukor, DexFuris, and Twin Gremlins

Melee: Glaive Prime, Venka, Kronen, Fang Prime, Dual Ichors, Scoliac, and Kama.

It all depends on frame and mood but most of them allow me to get to easily 40-50min survivals while keeping top damage and kills.

Wow that is some really nice feed back thanks man :D