Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Earth Defense "no Air" Areas

ZER0.LIMITZ

On the Earth Defense tile, if you climb on top of the steam towers surrounding the pod you immediately start dying as if the air ran out on a survival mission, except your health actually goes to 0 rather than 1.

r2CDtp5.jpg

Only 2 of the towers spout steam (not sure if its actually hazardous), but I stood on the ones that didn't while testing this.

I really hope this isn't an intended mechanic to discourage people from climbing them because randomly dying is just a horribly lazy way to do it.

I also noticed this. I am guessing they are all supposed to spout steam (or maybe toxic vapors might be a good alternative because of the toxin developed on earth) to discourage camping up there. Either that or maybe there is some kind of "edge of map" mechanic? Hmm... not really sure other than to discourage them climbing it like you said.

Edited by Ace_Kayo

Recently playing these maps due to great alerts and climbed up with Rhino. I hear something like the Arc Traps zapping me. The damage is rapid and quick, destroying my fresh Iron Skin and causing my 900 shields to evaporate within 5 seconds before I am able to throw up another Iron Skin, taking 200 damage to my health. 

Indeed the way they made it seems very lazy, especially when it's only spinning blades and I hear Arc Traps all over. If you weren't using a frame with quite a bit of shield and health it would seem like sudden death up there.