Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors Are Bull

riokusanosuke

Yea I don't really play on dark sectors defence or survival whatever but only when there's a high pay conflict. Take their credits until conflict it's over and I never giving it back lol next conflict.

Since all the big clans are close friends that will never happen until a clan outside of the friend circle attack but anyway it will be eliminated by the "friend circle" without using any battle pay.

So what you are saying is, even though you go to a resource taxed node, you still get all the resources you find.

It's not taxed then is it?

As far as I can tell, the resources are not affected at least not by a tax that's less than 10%. I walk in, find 3 neural sensors, get 3 neural sensors.

Credits, I need to be bothered doing the calculations for how the tax-works and I really can't be bothered till the weekend.

I do dark sectors mostly for resources. Credits are farmed in Void, by rushing captures and exterminates.

Edited by Semshol

Once again, the problem with Dark sectors in their current form is the system is fundamentally broken. If you really want to stick it to these alliances, dont run dark sectors at all. Show DE how awful the system is by not participating in it

pvp is basically bull arms race, but even then, usually the team with more people/coordinated people win anyway

also, the high taxes are because nobody bothers to actually defend a no tax node without getting paid

Edited by weirdee

Once again, the problem with Dark sectors in their current form is the system is fundamentally broken. If you really want to stick it to these alliances, dont run dark sectors at all. Show DE how awful the system is by not participating in it

no the problem with dark sectors are people with the entitlement mentality. They expect an alliance to work for them, using their own manpower/resources to fight for an area so they can use it. When that same alliance needs them to fight/defend a rail, they just turn their backs and ignore them.

Eclipse took Sechura and told everyone its the community's node to lose and guess what, they got stomped hard. No one bother to fight for them, all the games I joined where against was CM members.

no the problem with dark sectors are people with the entitlement mentality. They expect an alliance to work for them, using their own manpower/resources to fight for an area so they can use it. When that same alliance needs them to fight/defend a rail, they just turn their backs and ignore them.

Eclipse took Sechura and told everyone its the community's node to lose and guess what, they got stomped hard. No one bother to fight for them, all the games I joined where against was CM members.

I agree that the entitlement most players have toward dark sectors is a problem. However this doesnt change the fact that the system is still fundamentally broken.

To be fair, a lot of people I know washed their hands of dark sectors when the DDOS attack happened during Ice's attack on Sechura. For me I saw the folly of dark sectors not with Sechura but with Romula. When clan ghost bear lost that newbie node I saw the 0% cheer squad as nothing more then people who shouted lofty words but wouldnt back it up with action.

When dark sectors became actually broken was when it became an actual PVP match that effected PVE players. Dont get me wrong, I understand that theres a lot of players that want to fight each other or compete against each other. Its a good thing they got PVP oriented competition. However the part that is broken is allowing these competitive focused players to effect the experience of PVE players. That is what is fundementally broken about dark sectors but lets not kid ourselves, theres a lot of other issues with PVP and the dark sectors system in particular but they all pale in comparison to the fundamentally broken mechanics that allow PVPers to effect the experience of people that dont even participate in PVP. Until this fact changes dark sectors are and will continue to be fundamentally broken

Improvements will be made, patience my friend.

waiting and hoping doesn't help just inspires ennui  

i'm glad that the clan are locking the DS out - maby this will inspire DE to fix the entire system  which has always seemed half thought out and some what pointless / creating a map that the whole point was to have your clan name on it for a little bit for a (relative few people )   

75% is over the top, if you would have to pay more than 50% tax in real life it would mean that you work to give your money to the goverment and not to sustain your life(style).

Basically why I stopped caring about Dark Sectors as well. Just doesn't pay off to work for nothing.

Also I'm not into PvP... so basically I'm locked out from doing anything against the tax rates besides not playing the nodes during peace mode in the first place so I don't help financing those high tax nodes. ^^

Edited by MeduSalem

Yeah... we know...

Some people speculate that the alliances you see on the solar system are all working together behind the scenes to control the system.

I kinda agree with what they hypothesise since the proof is right there on the star chart.

To me it seems like they're having a game of monopoly...

I want DE to make a version of Monopoly where the tiles where you would buy land are the Dark Sector nodes.

• 2 months later...

I'd agree with removing the "taxes" aspect of it entirely because it just causes a lot of, mostly justified, hate for people...

I deliberately avoid anything dark sector even though I sometimes play other shooting-based PVP games, because of the whole atmosphere...

Corruption, flipping... and... banking, accountancy, fatcats arranging things amongst themselves to bleed everyone else dry... Just.. Loathsome.

Unsavoury.

I deal with these lizard-brained sell-an-orphanage/forest-to-redevelopment scum enough in real life, I don't want people to be taught this mentality by games too...

Edited by dethkittin

Hello warframe players as you all may know we the players have been using the dark sectors for credit farming for our simple ugrading our mods or just to have credits for trading.

75 % on all the major credit farming areas

It was ok when it was 15 maybe 20 that took a cunk off our credits that we get but not enough to not farm the area.

Now we might as well farm earth missions for credit farming because now we make more there.

HAHA. PS4 still has 5% tax. Sechura's at 5% and my alliance has owned it for... Too long.