Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Make Alerts Dangerous!

finaLfrontier

I was doing a G3 hunter earlier, and someone in my squad suggested "Lets play an alert, I seem to always get jumped on them"

Now, I know that it's all RNG based, but it had me thinking it would make a lot of sense.

It would be pretty cool if alerts say, doubled, the probability of death marks triggering. So any death mark that can trigger to it's respective faction—stalker any mission—would be 7% with a full squad, instead of 3.5%.

This would make those low credit reward alerts for more experienced players worth doing.

A full squad marked by G3 could have a 28% probability of an encounter for example.

I don't see 28% being too high for a one shot alert mission. That's what, 1 out of every 4 alerts will spawn an ambush for a completely marked squad? Also, the fact that you don't control when alerts pop up, and what faction it may be. Yeah, don't see a problem with 28%. Not saying that it couldn't be tweaked to how DE saw fit though.

There's already a problem that I can see however. Given how alerts work currently, a squad on an assassin hunt could camp a single alert over and over by playing it for 4 minutes, then aborting if no spawn.

A way to fix that, would be to have credit reward only alerts give the spawn multiplier, and the mission disappears under any fail or abort circumstance. If a mission fails due to glitch or the like, and disappears, no one will be too upset about just missing out on credits and ambush chance.

Other alerts that have BP/mod rewards etc, would not have the mark multiplier, and could be done over and over after failing or aborting.

I was doing a G3 hunter earlier, and someone in my squad suggested "Lets play an alert, I seem to always get jumped on them"

Now, I know that it's all RNG based, but it had me thinking it would make a lot of sense.

It would be pretty cool if alerts say, doubled, the probability of death marks triggering. So any death mark that can trigger to it's respective faction—stalker any mission—would be 7% with a full squad, instead of 3.5%.

This would make those low credit reward alerts for more experienced players worth doing.

A full squad marked by G3 could have a 28% probability of an encounter for example.

Because, assassin farming expeditions.

Yeah. The title sounded like the OP had something cool to say. but really they just want the Brakk.

Alerts should be made dangerous (and rewarding), but not bc of assassin farming.

And the Detron, and Despair is all I need from Stalker... Your point?

It's fine if you don't like my idea, that's your opinion. To me, it makes sense that assassin's would track down tenno to alert hotspots. I'm also throwing in a bit of lore in there, not just for 1/4 shot alert assassin farming. Also, you still need to get a fullly marked squad for the 28% of which, there still isn't a way to garauntee you don't have a leecher bringing your percentage down

Thanks for your input nonetheless 

Edited by finaLfrontier