Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Clan/alliance Priority And How It Is Unfair.

FREQ1989

Why does this exist? It is entirely unfair to those clans or alliances that have not yet attacked the rail. The real problem is that with only a few groups can hold the fate of an entire sector, trading off each other and denying the chance for anyone else to try and contest. The fact that DE actually put this in the game, and thought it was a good idea, is a testament to why this game will fail if true balance isn't implemented into the game.

I have two examples of this. A few weeks back, I was waiting for a rail to come up. I set an alarm and everything. I got done with my personal doings early so i sat down to make sure i would be on time. This was thirty minutes before the armistice timer was up for me. To my surprise I found out that and opposing rail had actually been deployed forty five minutes before I had sat down. My second example is about  twenty minutes ago. again I have been waiting for about an hour to deploy the rail. With 8 minutes and 59 seconds before the timer was up i decided to reload the screen, only to fin out that three minutes before, a rail had been deployed.

So with this knowledge, I feel that one of two things should happen. Either A). Any previous attackers/defenders should have a penalty, not a priority, or B). Everybody has the same countdown timer displayed, and there is an equal chance for anyone to attack. Obviously B is the better choice, but knowing DE with some of the past decisions that have been made, I think that actually neither will be chosen, and the same unfair advantage will be kept in the game.

Overall I hope that there are others out there outraged that this was knowingly implemented in the game. I call for any of those fellow players to post in this thread and ask for this to be changed.

There are SO many ways DE could correct these issues.  Thanks for all the new content, but could you guys PLEASE address some of these glaring, long-standing, oft-complained-about issues?  Push Archwing back a couple more months and fix dark sectors, please.  Make them fair, make them interesting.

How about this idea; Allow THREE active rails in every sector and force the owners to compete for traffic to get their tributes.  Without competition, a single alliance holds a monopoly in every single Dark Sector.  And the way things currently stand, it's like voting in a US federal election.  All of our options are absolute crap and I don't feel compelled to support any of them.  

Give us more options, make them compete, don't reward them for failing, and give everyone else a chance.

End-game content is the only way to really keep players past completing all the regular missions and, thus, keep spending money. Dark Sectors are the only end-game content we have available to us. If the end-game content is not functional and not fun to play, then there is no reason for players to keep playing after they do the few hundred some odd missions the game has to offer and experience just about everything in the game.

Non-functioning end-game content means that the player base will dwindle in the long run, as Warframe will have nothing left to offer and people will go onto other games that still have something to bring to the table. This is why they believe the game will fail, because the only long-term method of play is "unfair" and as such, not fun (or, not worth my money)

I think alliances need more of a reason to capture nodes in the first place, which will come in time. Content is dropped bare-bones, broken, unbalanced. It's this way on purpose.

An example: With U15 the player hubs will drop, virtually empty, and the forums are going to be loaded with people saying "dead content DE, omg fix do this do that." They ARE getting feedback, they are testing. They're not ignoring things like this.

Dark Sectors will grow. They're not ignorant of the state of the game, and they're not making as many serious mistakes as the community likes to claim. Give them time. Give the game a solid year and you won't recognize Dark Sectors compared to their current state. It hasn't had time to bind with other content just yet.

Edited by theclinton
Cleaning

Thread cleaned up a little bit.

Please avoid posting heavy sarcastic replies. They tend to form misunderstandings and act as flame-bait, which may de-rail a thread's purpose.

Thank you.

Yes it may DE-rail the thread...... see what I did there. :D

Please don't hurt me. D:

I think alliances need more of a reason to capture nodes in the first place, which will come in time. Content is dropped bare-bones, broken, unbalanced. It's this way on purpose.

An example: With U15 the player hubs will drop, virtually empty, and the forums are going to be loaded with people saying "dead content DE, omg fix do this do that." They ARE getting feedback, they are testing. They're not ignoring things like this. 

Dark Sectors will grow. They're not ignorant of the state of the game, and they're not making as many serious mistakes as the community likes to claim. Give them time. 

Edit: Got quoted four times already for my initial post with people being defensive or trying to tell me 'what I missed.' The post was literally only meant to sarcasm as a tool to point out the absurdity of crying doom over Dark Sectors. It had nothing to do with the OP's point. 

I appreciate what you're trying to say, but at the moment I'm a bit jaded over the argument of "it will get better, just give it time". I just got off Destiny, picked it up Day 1 and have completed virtually all PvE content in the game. At the same time, while playing Destiny, I was switching over to Warframe for the alerts, helping my friends with alerts, etc. while sometimes switching over to playing the Attack on Titan Tribute Game.

I raised some criticism for the lack of content, only to be told that Destiny is supposed to be "ever expanding over the next 10 years".  Basically saying that the game I payed for will only be done in 10 years. Dark Sectors have been out for a long time, and it should be more substantial than "bare bones" by this point, especially since the current iteration is the reboot of the original bare bones Dark Sectors whereas they were originally a simple sabotage mission that could be done in a minute. The reboot has been out since Update 13 and has received many resounding complaints for being lackluster.

I have every faith that DE can make a fully functional and enjoyable PvP system for endgame. But Dark Sectors have been a little stagnant and it was one of the only things veteran players had to look forward to this year (focus system and proxy wars still in the air). Being met with the "just wait some more" argument is like denying your starving fans their food.