Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Female Excalibur Skin Yes Or No?

Xander_Kaiser

Ok so quite a few if not all of the people that saw the Warframe Diorama video on this site have seen that pre-alpha nyx looked exactly Excalibur with a female form. I start this topic asking one simple question: If DE were to bring that model back as a skin would you want it to be a skin for Excalibur or if not then for Nyx to confuse enemies into thinking there is a new warframe on the field of battle?

Please reply with your answers and comments thank you.

Note: If you want to see said video then all you would need to do is go to media click on videos and it should be under trailers on the second page of that section. You should see what I am talking about most cleary at 0:36 to 0:38 or so.

This was actually a semi serious topic of debate that DE's creative director put to rest. To put it simply. They wont make male and female waframes of each warframe through skins, but they MIGHT make similar themed warframes of different genders. I don't think they've really made it that far yet. 

Yeah both genders for each warframe isn't going to happen.

HOWEVER, DE has stated they may make opposing genders for the same genre of warframe. Like for instance, a Male Ember would have fire powers, but not the same as Female Ember. But this isn't concrete.

This was actually a semi serious topic of debate that DE's creative director put to rest. To put it simply. They wont make male and female waframes of each warframe through skins, but they MIGHT make similar themed warframes of different genders. I don't think they've really made it that far yet. 

Yeah basically this.

Edited by SoulEchelon

Exactly this. This is, from what I understand, the final answer to this debate at the current time.

Basically, this.

Would be extra awesome if the two frames could interchange abilities as well (e.g. Ember will be able to equip hypothetical Blaze's hypothetical Eruption instead of WoF). Keeping fingers crossed for something of the sort to happen; the more theme-friendly customization options that players have, the better.

IMO this game is really generous in regards to variety and quantity of playable females compared to male variants. As such we dont need gender swaps but i guess it wouldnt do any harm... it would be actually appealing from a personal perspective only if they offered different helmets from the males so they can stand out more instead of just being them but with a more feminine stance and physiche.

Ok so quite a few if not all of the people that saw the Warframe Diorama video on this site have seen that pre-alpha nyx looked exactly Excalibur with a female form.

Not quite, At that point there was no Nyx, the identity of the Warframe Nyx was created after the decision to make Warframes with defined visual sexual characteristics.

From that point the apparent sex of the Waframe became a integral part of the Warframe nature, (Along with powers, stats, etc)

None of this has any impact on the sex of the Tenno currently piloting the Warframe.

I'm not sure if I necessarily care about a gender option for frames (or if I'd want to be locked to a single gender on an account), but I find it odd that my singular Tenno (we are clearly a singular person with access to multiple frames) can apparently wear/be female or male.  Not odd in a "ewww... disgusting" sort of way, odd in a "how exactly does that work, and what exactly are we without the frame"?  Because the frames are clearly gendered, but we are not?