Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Female Excalibur Skin Yes Or No?

Xander_Kaiser

I'm not sure if I necessarily care about a gender option for frames (or if I'd want to be locked to a single gender on an account), but I find it odd that my singular Tenno (we are clearly a singular person with access to multiple frames) can apparently wear/be female or male.  Not odd in a "ewww... disgusting" sort of way, odd in a "how exactly does that work, and what exactly are we without the frame"?  Because the frames are clearly gendered, but we are not?

I don't see any reason to assune the Tenno have no physical sex characteristics.

Ultimately it breaks down into one of three possibilities

1. The Tenno is form is self-mutable

2. The Tenno is modified to fit by the Warframe

3. The space is modified to fit both the Tenno and the Frame

Given that the Orokin were masters of making dimensionally impossible spaces using void tech (as per the Orokin Towers) I'm going with 3 with a fallback to 2.

I don't see any reason to assune the Tenno have no physical sex characteristics.

Ultimately it breaks down into one of three possibilities

1. The Tenno is form is self-mutable

2. The Tenno is modified to fit by the Warframe

3. The space is modified to fit both the Tenno and the Frame

Given that the Orokin were masters of making dimensionally impossible spaces using void tech (as per the Orokin Towers) I'm going with 3 with a fallback to 2.

Or you forgot a big, very possible, though mundane....

The frame was built to the Tenno's specs. They fit his/her body perfectly. Hence the full freedom of movement. 

Really since they're going with the "You are one Tenno" (As shown by Vor) idea, we should be able to choose our genders but DE, and I do have to say this, being lazy and trying to take a cheap way out in order to not have to do the work to make Male and Female models for the Frames. And yes I understand that doing that would be quite a lot of work, but DE really should do that based on the lore we have now gotten.

I'm not sure if I necessarily care about a gender option for frames (or if I'd want to be locked to a single gender on an account), but I find it odd that my singular Tenno (we are clearly a singular person with access to multiple frames) can apparently wear/be female or male.  Not odd in a "ewww... disgusting" sort of way, odd in a "how exactly does that work, and what exactly are we without the frame"?  Because the frames are clearly gendered, but we are not?

Ever seen Ghost in the Shell? One of the characters, Major Motoko, occasionally switches to different gender bodies (she's a cyborg with a cyber brain so she can download herself into other cyborg bodies.) I'm actually fairly convinced that the Tenno and their frames are quite similar to this.

It's kind of the end point of the Transhumanism movement that we are our consciousness and not our physical body.

Edited by Baruti

Or you forgot a big, very possible, though mundane....

The frame was built to the Tenno's specs. They fit his/her body perfectly. Hence the full freedom of movement. 

Well that's impossible because we control one Tenno who has many Warframes, and the physiognomy for those 'frames doesn't match.

For example, DE Steve:

Sheldon: Is it on a per Warframe basis or a per "me" basis?

Steve: That's the important thing to emphasize is there's nothing in the game that allows you to upgrade your player, what you are, your Tenno, it's always focused on your gear, this goes above that. My focus will work whether I'm working the Rhino or the Ember angle

Vor in the Tutorial:

Each Warframe you control is merely a glass, shaping your furious light

Really since they're going with the "You are one Tenno" (As shown by Vor) idea, we should be able to choose our genders but DE, and I do have to say this, being lazy and trying to take a cheap way out in order to not have to do the work to make Male and Female models for the Frames. And yes I understand that doing that would be quite a lot of work, but DE really should do that based on the lore we have now gotten.

Unless 'frames having defined gender characteristics is now part of the lore.

Say, the Warframe material is constructed from a template made by the imprinting of the first Tenno to wear that "new line".

E.G. The Ember Warframe gets it's powers, shape, and fragments of skill and personality from the first Tenno for whom the suit was made. Subsequent Ember Warframes carry all of those elements with them, regardless of current pilot.

Thanks for the replies people. I was and still am thinking that the Pre-alpha Nyx (i.e. the model that was use prior to her becoming the frame we all know of) should at least be a skin for Nyx. Though we all know that probably is not going to happen. I am also most likely one of the many that hope for a Nemesis skin for Nyx (may happen though we never really know until the announcement of these things.)

Never going to happen.

DE stated many times that it's so much work that they are better of creating an entirely new warframe, instead of gender-swapping an existing one. 

It would be nice, I agree, but fuggedabautit.

I get where they are coming from with this argument but it annoys me a bit when it comes to Excalibur/Nyx.  The male/female bodies are already there with the skins mapped to them and the animations done.  Would it really be so hard to add the Nyx body and Immortal Nyx body to Excalibur's options and vice versa?  Assuming the player has both frames, much like using Mag's helmet on Mag Prime.  Devstream's have even mentioned the ability to use animation sets from different frames soon which suggests to me that one hurdle has already been jumped.

For example, DE Steve:

Bah.  Quoted quote not showing.  Oh well.  While I don't disagree with you, every time someone references that speech I feel it is important to mention that the plural of 'Tenno' is 'Tenno'.  It is possible, if unlikely, that Steve was talking about upgrading our 'people' rather than our 'person'.