Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors. Real Talk.

angelsplight

People think everyone turns there tax up at the same time because they are all friends and have secret meetings, about how they should tax rails, but they all turn their tax up to deal with the first clan/ alliance that turned their tax up, that way they have a decent amount of creds to defend there rail, and lower level railed need higher taxes to defend because they already offer less xp and lower payouts

People think everyone turns there tax up at the same time because they are all friends and have secret meetings, about how they should tax rails, but they all turn their tax up to deal with the first clan/ alliance that turned their tax up, that way they have a decent amount of creds to defend there rail, and lower level railed need higher taxes to defend because they already offer less xp and lower payouts

Or maybe it's because a good chunk of alliances have had meetings and actually made a monopoly.

Edited by AbaliskInfinite

i'd like to see some stats on the number of runs per hour broken down by tax rates.

personally, once a node goes above 15-20% i don't bother.

and any resource tax above 5% means that i go find something else to do.

i just wonder how many players avoid the nodes at that point and at what point are clans actually taxing themselves out of profits.

Edited by xethier

why would a alliance hae an underground meeting with another alliance it is pointless they would all be in one alliance if thy actually had a monopoly.

Unofficial Alliances allow your rail to go uncontested due to them purposely failing/losing Conflicts to keep their friends in power AKA Politics.

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

i'd like to see some stats on the number of runs per hour broken down by tax rates.

i just wonder how many players avoid the nodes at that point and at what point are clans actually taxing themselves out of profits.

i am exactly doing same if they tax too much like more than 20% (and 10 in farm spot) i don't bother try to go

like i wont play sechura credits farming spot if i dont have 10 or less % credits tax 

PS4 is doing better but not much. We have a 10% at Sechura, but no Battle Pay during Conflicts due to Clans having unofficial Alliances.

75% tax in all nodes until the unofficial alliances get stronger, like in 2 or 3 weeks .

Edited by Dasmir

it would probably behoove someone in one of these alliances to run some numbers and figure out at what point does taxation reduce the number of players active on the node per hour to the point where it's hurting income.

as well as at what percentage resource taxation does the same.

i'd imagine many of these alliances are taxing themselves out of some fairly substantial gains.

i don't know what reporting mechanisms are available to the alliances to determine these numbers, but even ballpark would probably help them tweak their tax rates to their own benefit. this would also benefit the community because people wouldn't be boycotting dark sectors due to taxation. (well, at least not as much)

Edited by xethier

Its a easy fix all the monopoly thing if De force players to put a X ammount of battle pay if they want start a conflict like a minimal of 20k credits with 1M as reserve.

they could just as easily require that rail damage isn't counted unless battle pay is funded. (excepting alliance members) and set a minimum battlepay for all the nodes in the game. (something reasonable like 25% of what the dark sector itself would supply)

Because this games pvp is a worthless godawful addition to the game filled with circlejerkers.

I don't even care if that gets me a warning point. It's the truth.

QFT!

i'd personally just scrap the whole conflict paradigm completely.

the dark sectors / tax system isn't terrible, but the rest of it most certainly is.

At this point it is best to avoid the Dark Sectors. The sectors are all dominated by clans with heads full of greedy milk, and we should not show any support for them. If that means grinding through the Orokin Towers and normal sectors, then that is what we will have to do.

it would probably behoove someone in one of these alliances to run some numbers and figure out at what point does taxation reduce the number of players active on the node per hour to the point where it's hurting income.

as well as at what percentage resource taxation does the same.

i'd imagine many of these alliances are taxing themselves out of some fairly substantial gains.

i don't know what reporting mechanisms are available to the alliances to determine these numbers, but even ballpark would probably help them tweak their tax rates to their own benefit. this would also benefit the community because people wouldn't be boycotting dark sectors due to taxation. (well, at least not as much)

It's a whole lot of money. Warframe community is really good at this. Say one thing and do the other.

I, for one, definitely avoid them when they go too high, or just look for a slightly-less-XP Dark Sector to visit instead. I don't really mind if it's 20% or less, but 75%? That's just crazy. The 20k run means you leave with 5 and they're taking 15k of what you just earned. They can go die in a fire.

I also found it slightly annoying when the tax on Sechura was raised to push people to Ceres, I wanted the bonus Rifle XP instead of Melee kills, but I'm not going to help fund Alliances who raise taxes so high.