Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sectors. Real Talk.

angelsplight

There is simply and effective way on how DE can deal with alliances monopolizing rails. You can only repair one rail per day, and after the attack you can only repair it for 25 %. Rail taxes go into specific bank, and 50 % of money in there is automaticly offered as battlepay.

By doing this, you would limit alliance to one of two rail as they would be to stretched and wont have enough resources to control more nodes. And that would give other alliances more options of owning rails.

My thoughts are: If you stretch yourself too much, you can lose everything. Either go safe and own one rail, or become greedy and risk losing everything. High risk, high gain.

I like this idea. Currently, several of the alliances claiming they have raised 75% tax and aren't paying out anything as a wall to prevent a whole group of players from enjoying that content (namely public matchmaking players who leave at 5, in order to encourage longer duration). Allowing only one rail to be targeted for repair allows us to whittle down over extended alliances that would overwise be infeasible to attempt to overthrow due to their massive financial base without the help of another financially well off alliance (most of who are currently taking part in the 75% tax wall, trading one evil for another).

What about rails that have 0% tax and get attacked? And those that have low tributes and pay out less? What if little pink pony clan attacks next and I don't think they are a threat? Why should I have to throw out money for them? And when super mega evil alliance comes by and I have nothing because I was forced to waste it.

No different than it is now, a clan can set additional battlepay to be payed out. Fifty percent is going to the current defense, with 50% being kept to be used however you want: additional battlepay for the current defense or as a rainy day fund for a future defense if you so choose.

Last night ICE was attacked on pluto, and I gathered a group to aid the aggressor since ICE was at 75%. I ran offense for 3 hours nonstop last night, and all we had to show for it was a measly 2% difference in rail health (not a single mission failure on our part). Its damn near impossible to overthrow the current rails unless its another high tax alliance as the aggressor, not to mention playing dark sector conflicts simply is not fun; it's getting hard to find people who will run a conflict unless there is a massive reward. The recent ash conflict nerf, for instance, lowerd his target count but massively increased his damage multiplier, he now does more total damage in a shorter amount of time (not to mention freeing up mod slots previously dedicated to power strength, letting you max out efficiency with no downside).

Much more serious question:  Why would the taxes ever be lower?

To be blunt:  High taxes don't stop a considerable portion of the playerbase from running the rails anyway.  Considerable numbers of players will happily run a rail at 75% tax for the XP and resources.  Even players who are in it for the credits are prone to simply re-running that 75% tax pluto rail instead of going to 10% tax rail on a different planet. 

You're not going to increase your net profit by lowering taxes.  Players aren't going to run your low tax rail instead of the high tax rail on Pluto.  They're not going to help you defend it when it gets attacked.  And unless your rail is on Pluto, they're unlikely to even notice your low tax rail - they'll just go right back to Pluto, maybe with a quick stop by the forums to complain about taxation.

Why would anybody ever run a rail with low taxes?  The community at large is completely unwilling to do anything beyond the occasional whine on the forums.  They won't avoid the rails, won't defend the rails, won't help overthrow the rails.  They won't even run rails with low taxes so those minimal taxes can be used to fund defense and expansion.

At 75% taxation on pluto I'll make maybe 5000 credits a run. At 15% taxation on venus, I'll make a little over 6000. The difference between the 75% on pluto and the recent ~30% on ceres is huge, for every two runs you make on pluto I'm going to hit my goal far before you hit it on 75%. Anyone I talk to in chat says they won't run a 75% tax rail even if its just for experience. It's simply horribly inefficient, especially if you've only got a couple hours a day to play. They move on to voids instead, or regular survivals because it is far easier to find a group willing to do those than endure the tax and give up valuable credits and resources to someone they don't support.

Edited by Elvang

What if they're sick and tired of the community whining over something that they have every right and ability to do as holders of Dark Sectors that this is to prove a point?

You win the sector, you control taxes. Have a problem with it? Stop throwing crap out of your mouth, take action, and contest and take over the sector. Nothing is preventing you from proactively crafting, preparing, and deploying a rail to contest.

What if they're sick and tired of the community whining over something that they have every right and ability to do as holders of Dark Sectors that this is to prove a point?

You win the sector, you control taxes. Have a problem with it? Stop throwing crap out of your mouth, take action, and contest and take over the sector. Nothing is preventing you from proactively crafting, preparing, and deploying a rail to contest.

except a complete and total disdain for pvp in warframe. 

at least that's what's preventing me from bothering.

except a complete and total disdain for pvp in warframe.

at least that's what's preventing me from bothering.

This is the only reason those clans still exist. People just don't like pvp in Warframe and Dark Sectors won't certainly not change their mind. Edited by Alphafox

I would downvote your post if I had the option. :l

So you suggest we fight alliances that have these advantages?

1. Playing for their enemy and repeatedly disconnecting or deliberately dying to make completing a match impossible.

2. Deploying rails against their allies (and not fighting) so that nobody challenges their allies.

3. Infinite respawns for defenders, a measely 20 for attackers.

4. Colluding with other major alliances to set minimum taxation rates, forcing the playerbase to run out of options.

5. The benefit of not just one alliance, or ten, or thirty, but massive super-alliances formed on forums and elsewhere because the game won't allow alliances that big in-game, throwing thousands of members against tiny individual clan rails and crushing all competition.

No, the system is broken, and I will NEVER play a solar rail for alliances that abuse the system. No. I will not support rampant greed and taking advantage of the system by uncaring conglomerates.

Where's that Tenno honor now?

Edited by LordGreymantle

1. Playing for their enemy and repeatedly disconnecting or deliberately dying to make completing a match impossible.

2. Deploying rails against their allies (and not fighting) so that nobody challenges their allies.

4. Colluding with other major alliances to set minimum taxation rates, forcing the playerbase to run out of options.

5. The benefit of not just one alliance, or ten, or thirty, but massive super-alliances formed on forums and elsewhere because the game won't allow alliances that big in-game, throwing thousands of members against tiny individual clan rails and crushing all competition.

No, the system is broken, and I will NEVER play a solar rail for alliances that abuse the system. No. I will not support rampant greed and taking advantage of the system by uncaring conglomerates.

i agree with you.

however, i see no point in getting upset with the alliances. they're just taking advantage of (as you said) a broken system.

instead, we need calm, rational posts. (like yours) detailing why this system is a gross travesty on an otherwise wonderful (mostly) game ;)

That Tenno honor is currently drowned in Greedy milk and not of the Corpus kind.

i was thinking along the same lines. wont this strategy eventually make them run out of credit?

If everyone did it, they sure would.

But there's no way everyone would just stop playing on high tax nodes.

But it works for me: I'll take their money, but they won't get anything from me,....

I got..... 600k battlepay (~6x 100k) for fighting for some alliance earlier today... don't remember who....but they won't get a single credit from me, because I won't play on their nodes :P

Corpus style.

Edited by WEREsandrock

but they won't get anything from me,....

NOPE they got you help to protect his rail and attacked the enemies and if ppl keep doing that 75% nodes will never gone.

but i have no idea what wrong with DS in PC since after that came out we are funny to play 0% tax but after some greedy come every nodes have over 50% tax ?

DS in PS4 as far as i know , in the first DS came out PS4 have a nightmare with DS too damn high tax everywhere , but for now they have only 5,10,15% tax :C

Edited by Shafilp

For generations we slept along an infinite coastline .But the waters did recede, and we burst fourth like seeds,outward, along the solar rails. Until we came at last to the shores of pluto and the final dreadfull rail, leading nowhere, into nothing, into the dark sector-Hayden Tenno (watch dark sector original concept)

Edited by yatin_117

So the solution I'm seeing here is: "Don't play". Great. That's exactly what I want to do with my video game. Not play it. I'm sure that's exactly what DE was hoping for, too -- a bunch of end-game nodes that no one wants to touch.