Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats A Good Frame For Farming Survival And Defence?

mrunknownsoldiers

Question

so through my short period in warframe, i found that those are the two modes that usually need farming, whether for resources or Prime stuff, almost every other mode can be done well with my bowman banshee (yes i know it can be used in survival but i find it a bit weak and i have an extra warframe space) so i started visiting the recruiting channel to see which frames are mostly asked for. nekros for survival and vaubann for defence, but i thought i would check the wiki for other suitable frames (cause there might be a hidden gem out there) and i am now lost, thinking about nova, hydro and ember. i wish there was a poll option here but since there isnt, please vote in replies for the best frame for 40+ min void survival and 20+ void defense (must be able to do both)

thanks in advance 

edit:so since people are saying it depends on my style so i am posting it hopefully to get a better advice, this style though is a bit inaccurate as warframe is a very unique game 

I personally like to be able to kill enemies, pure and simple. I cant just stay back and support in FPS, it is just not me. I prefer high damage and long range primaries so i go with a bow, also i am fine with running with a machine gun :). Currently since i dont have a good bow i am using my dual heat swords, up close and personal, but this is just for the convenience of AOE attack, once i get a better bow and up the exploding arrows i guess melee would go away. I also like to use my head, so i used to play turret engineer or sniper in other games (mostly sniper, infiltration and stuff) however here it seems that the game prefers if you just go all out and kill all, look at how hard it is to stealth through a mission (without a dedicated stealth frame) and to just blast through . i also hate tankiness it is just not me who stands there to die (Also the lag has its say in this sometimes). At the same time i cant just do the death from above maneuvers, i can hardly kill while sliding and stuff but not while jumping from high places or something. 

Well thats me in a nutshell, suggest away :D

also how is it possible that it can be done by anything? after some time the place gets so crowded with high level machine gunners that only those AOE heavy frames can be useful, i remember wasting my time trying to blast one of those corrupted heavy gunners with my swirling tiger dual heat swords, it takes many many hits if he is not blinded first for example

Edited by mrunknownsoldiers

11 answers to this question

Loki in Void Survival. Invisbility ensures that you take almost no hits, and Radial disarm will turn even lvl 9999 Corrupted Heavy Gunners into magic stick wielding jokers.

He is also extremely good in Void Defense, for removing the firearms of the enemies makes sure that they cannot take potshots at the Pod, and combined with an allied Nyx's Chaos ability, it can easily get you far in T4 Defence.

I guess this is worth a mention:

Edited by X3Evanescence

Hydroid is a very, very high skill cap frame when it comes to high level survival and defense missions. I would not recommend him for high tier play unless you've got a couple hundred hours of gameplay under your belt and really understand micromechanics and clutch responses.

Loki is truly a jack of all trades. Very useful in every mission if he's used correctly.

Ember really is a low tier frame unless you build her around Accelerant as a CC build. Still not the greatest though. Pretty though.

Nova is a... peculiar specimen. She can be used in a great variety of ways, but is extremely squishy. Duration/Range for CC; Strength for damage buff; Negative Power to speed up the enemies (very situational).

Frost is a durable frame with good defense abilities. Play around with the size of his globe and he can be used for survival missions too.

Excalibur with a blind build is very strong at the moment. Once DE reworks his blind to be line of sight again, we'll see, but I don't expect him to fall off too hard regardless.

Ash isn't very strong for defense, but for survival using a Tele/BS build is quite strong.

Valkyr is a hero among heroes. Build her with high armor, health and energy, Rage, and use an Life Siphon melee build and she's utterly invincible even without her ult. And her ult's true invincibility is great for clutch revives.

Rhino? Well, Rhino. Nuff said. You cant really go wrong with a build on him.

Edited by -CM-Jaypalm

Zephyr is your 'hidden gem' vs Corpus. Her Turbulence skill makes all their non-hitscan weapons wildly inaccurate. It's even better than Radial Disarm if you like shooting back. She's also good for Interception because of her mobility with Tailwind.

Radial Disarm Loki is pretty much king of horde modes vs shooting enemies. Radial Disarm will end up costing 25 energy and hit the whole game. Even with Fleeting Expertise you can still slap on invisibility and use it's brief duration rez people or hit a life support capsule, but that won't be necessary when Excavation comes out.

Radial Disarm is probably going to be nerfed eventually. I would rather they buffed enemies' A.I. and melee capabilities than nerf Radial Disarm, but if they don't like Radial Blind then Radial Disarm can't be far behind.

Edited by VKhaun

Hydroid is a very, very high skill cap frame when it comes to high level survival and defense missions. I would not recommend him for high tier play unless you've got a couple hundred hours of gameplay under your belt and really understand micromechanics and clutch responses.

Loki is truly a jack of all trades. Very useful in every mission if he's used correctly.

Ember really is a low tier frame unless you build her around Accelerant as a CC build. Still not the greatest though. Pretty though.

Nova is a... peculiar specimen. She can be used in a great variety of ways, but is extremely squishy. Duration/Range for CC; Strength for damage buff; Negative Power to speed up the enemies (very situational).

Frost is a durable frame with good defense abilities. Play around with the size of his globe and he can be used for survival missions too.

Excalibur with a blind build is very strong at the moment. Once DE reworks his blind to be line of sight again, we'll see, but I don't expect him to fall off too hard regardless.

Ash isn't very strong for defense, but for survival using a Tele/BS build is quite strong.

Valkyr is a hero among heroes. Build her with high armor, health and energy, Rage, and use an Life Siphon melee build and she's utterly invincible even without her ult. And her ult's true invincibility is great for clutch revives.

Rhino? Well, Rhino. Nuff said. You cant really go wrong with a build on him.

Very good post. +1

If I could give another +1 I would, because it's crucial to realize that Valkyr is not just her ultimate in a can. Many "Valkyr players" just basically spend the whole game with her 4 running and troll you at extraction with her 1, but there's a quiet minority who know how to work her 3 to great effect.

Every warframe you will choose, depend on your playstyle really. 

Ask yourself some questions first. 

Do you like close range / long range? Tanky frame ? Utility Frame? Support Frame? 

You have Loki, Rhino (which I wouldn't recommend cause he is not that interesting to play with, but quite good). Nova and Nekros are always welcomed in every game defense or survival.

Nobody's mentioned Vauban for Defense yet, so let me chime in. Bastille and Vortex are great for defending fixed points and Tesla has all kinds of utility, from using them as mines around the objective and along enemy routes to sticking them on teammates and their companions to give them added automatic firepower. He can be a bit harder to use in things like Survival that require him to move around a lot, but at the higher waves he starts to shine again.

Bounce? Leave it in the Liset. :)

Depends on your play style  100% i have players that can not get out the way with a rhino at wave 10 defence but some really good players that used iron only a few up to wave 50+  they know iron skill is just a there to help not to the tank all day so they keep moving around like they should ,,but anyway like i said you need to find a frame that fits "YOU"  when you do everything will fall in place 

so since people are saying it depends on my style so i am posting it hopefully to get a better advice, this style though is a bit inaccurate as warframe is a very unique game 

I personally like to be able to kill enemies, pure and simple. I cant just stay back and support in FPS, it is just not me. I prefer high damage and long range primaries so i go with a bow, also i am fine with running with a machine gun :). Currently since i dont have a good bow i am using my dual heat swords, up close and personal, but this is just for the convenience of AOE attack, once i get a better bow and up the exploding arrows i guess melee would go away. I also like to use my head, so i used to play turret engineer or sniper in other games (mostly sniper, infiltration and stuff) however here it seems that the game prefers if you just go all out and kill all, look at how hard it is to stealth through a mission (without a dedicated stealth frame) and to just blast through . i also hate tankiness it is just not me who stands there to die (Also the lag has its say in this sometimes). At the same time i cant just do the death from above maneuvers, i can hardly kill while sliding and stuff but not while jumping from high places or something. 

Well thats me in a nutshell, suggest away :D

also how is it possible that it can be done by anything? after some time the place gets so crowded with high level machine gunners that only those AOE heavy frames can be useful, i remember wasting my time trying to blast one of those corrupted heavy gunners with my swirling tiger dual heat swords, it takes many many hits if he is not blinded first for example