Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

~Saryn Ultimate Nuker Build~

MurderPeople

Question

Hello Tenno,

I've always loved Saryn for her ultimate, after a good amount of tuning, I'd like to share dis build wit yall.

This is a Saryn Miasma spam build, tuned to spam with maximum efficiency and +57% additional Miasma power.

It tears through rooms of enemies quickly, you'll have loads of fun insta-killing mobs with just the click of 4.
Unfortunately Miasma damage doesn't scale, as it will always do the fixed 4K damage (before calculations). 
Nonetheless, it'll melt any enemy up to around level 30 in one hit.
Viable for all missions, unless you're running 1Hour+ survivals or 100wave defense missions, Miasma damage will fall off.

I believe this to be the fastest nuking frame in the game. 

Loads of fun to cast while Rhino is about to Stomp, Volt about to Overload, Mag about to Crush, etc. before all Warframe aoe nuke ults.

ALL THE KILLS BELONG TO SARYN! ^-^

Have fun fellow Saryn frames!

RUNDOWN:

~Miasma -------------------1682.14 per tick, 1.4 second miasma, 4037.14 damage total.
                                                                                                 25 Energy to cast

~Blind Rage LV2  +27% Miasma Damage, +15% Miasma Cost
~Intensify              +30% Miasma Damage
~Stretch                +45% Miasma Range
~Natural Talent      Faster Miasma Casting

~Equilibrium          Sustain Energy via health orbs, each energy orb = 2 Miasma Casts
~Flow                     300 Saryn Energy Pool
~Vigor/Redirection/Vitality (I run vitality most, as Saryn health scales high and allows more health orb pickups to energy)

~Fleeting Expertise    -60% Miasma Cost, -60% Miasma Duration
~Streamline MAX       -30% Miasma Cost, offsets Blind Rage, allows 25 energy Miasma cast.

Arcane Chlora Helmet   +10% Stamina, -5% Miasma Duration

6fppnrA.png?1

After finally coming to this build, I had already forma'd her defensively. I'm thinking of forma'ing her more to fit the mods from this build neatly. Still working to max out that equilibrium, I find it makes flexible nuking gameplay.

with my warframe progress:

lqcuyVl.jpg?1

And remember, 

GO FAST, OR GO SOLO.

Why no love for Rage? =(

I run almost the same build with no forma. Instead Rage replaces Natural Talent and Molt replaces Blind Rage cause its really useful defensively and I've found its also quite handy to just spam it once for a neat amount of aoe toxic damage.

Also Venom in place of Equilibrium cause why would I need it when I have Rage. ^_^

Rejuvenation as aura means I can safetly regen for a few seconds after tanking to get energy from Rage.

Total damage from Miasma = 2925. 1000 damage less than this but no forma =D

natural talent allows miasma to cast quicker. Suppose you are knocked down, the instant you get up and cast Miasma, invincibility frames will kick in and you'll aoe ult immediately.

Now that miasma can be casted in the air, you will notice the fast casting will help with maneuvering your warframe. Without natural talent, casting Miasma in the air is sluggish, and I like being able to copter in the air after a miasma cast, and going fast is good lol.

equilibrium allows for a flexible energy and health facilitation. health orbs can clutch as a free miasma cast, energy orbs can save you from death.

on lower level runs I like to swap out equilibrium for a sprint mod. you could count the equilibrium slot as a free slot, but I like the extra dimension of gameplay from treating health and energy orbs as a dual resource.

Edited by MurderPeople

I haven't tried Rage over Natural Talent, I like having the speed. I would take Rage over Equilibrium though. 

Yes! I often swap Blind Rage for Molt as well. Molt Spamming is an interesting sight. I love running in circles around Corrupted Heavy Gunners and spamming Molt til they die haha. It's also a beautiful thing to sprint slide roll jump and spam molt during the whole motion lol.

Edited by MurderPeople

I like the combination with Blind Rage and Overextended maxed out. Build max range and damage with miasma is lovely, seeing the damage ticks from a room away haha.  

Compared to the build I posted, the max blind rage and max range build takes the total damage to 4345.71, that's an additional 308.57 damage and 3 times the range, but at almost 3 times the cost. 

I like your build for defense missions, you can stand on the cryopod, use miasma and it'll kill enemies in their spawn lol.

saryn seems to be the only warframe that benefits from a negative duration build. It would make sense for ember to work that way, more damage in each of her ticks with less duration. I wonder if DE specifically designed saryn to scale the intensity of miasma in larger ticks with lower duration, the chlora helmet would prove otherwise.

I would remove Blind Rage and add Molt. That ability is a godsend, even at negative duration. But, like, whatever fits your playstyle, bro. 

Saryn needs more love. Miasma nuker build is really powerful. Wait, did you hear that? Was that...

the nerfhammer?

We better be quiet!

Everyone on this forum subsection knows this tactic. What you're missing is the 250+ post, 8.4k+ view Saryn thread here about how her other three abilities are a flop. The only good ability she has is only good when destroying her other three abilities so you can't use them, although they are not so good anyway.

It's the Radial Blind problem. The Warframe only specs in one ability because it's the only good way to use it. She just needs some fixing on her other three abilities before Miasma sees a change. All four of her abilities need changes.

Edited by MechaKnight

Natural Talent, Equil, and Flow are not needed. Molt is pretty awesome and should be in there; hell it does almost as much damage/energy as Miasma if you time it right, on top of all the benefits of being a decoy that protects you and sheds procs.

I run with Rage and Life Strike, or not.

I run with NT on the build that does not use Rage, in order to get Miasma off quicker when I am using it defensively, ie when shields are about to break. B/c I don't always have an easy way to heal.

Natural Talent, Equil, and Flow are not needed. Molt is pretty awesome and should be in there; hell it does almost as much damage/energy as Miasma if you time it right, on top of all the benefits of being a decoy that protects you and sheds procs.

I run with Rage and Life Strike, or not.

I run with NT on the build that does not use Rage, in order to get Miasma off quicker when I am using it defensively, ie when shields are about to break. B/c I don't always have an easy way to heal.

As for Molt's damage aspect, the range is particularly short. Even when enemies are range, sometimes they can be too close, as it turns out Molt has line-of-sight consideration or similar. It winds up looking a lot like yesterday's Radial Blind ninja patch.

Edited by MechaKnight

Lowering Duration also increases dmg, and there's a hidden tick. Did you calculated those in as well?

He did.

(1500/1.4) * (1.4+1) * (100%+57%) = 4037 total.

The +1 to the 1.4 duration is the extra tick.

Edit: I wouldn't call it hidden; the 'hidden tick' imo is the 0.4 remainder, which does damage but does not display a number popup.

As for Molt's damage aspect, the range is particularly short. Even when enemies are range, sometimes they can be too close, as it turns out Molt has line-of-sight consideration or similar. It winds up looking a lot like yesterday's Radial Blind ninja patch.

Molt doesn't always work great, admittedly, and the meatshield amount isn't amazing. It still works well enough in certain situations, especially against melee enemies and it provides a nice breather when needed. The DoT shed alone is worth it against high level Grineer, especially when not using the Rage/LifeStrike setup that allows for easy health restoration. 

As for the vid; Ancient grapples often won't target Loki's decoy, either. 

Edited by Darzk

DE is never going to nerf miasma, they even just recently made it air castable! 
I highly doubt they'll take a look at Venom or Contagion, since they said they'd take a look and tweak Saryn but only altered molt.

Saryn is in a great place right now, yall saying we should tweak her other skills but it's clear DE intended Saryn to be an aoe nuker lol 

I understand taking Equilibrium or Flow on Saryn, but Natural Talent really gives Miasma a great kick for quick spamming. 

I haven't confirmed this completely yet, but I do believe with the fast casting of Miasma, the invincibility frames on cast carry over on recast and is renewed again, since the time in between casts is so short, you create an cycle of invincibility as long as you're spamming miasma in place. Realized this when spamming multiple Miasmas on +35 Corrupted Heavy Gunners. Of course, there could be a slight delay where there is no invincibility, but since the casting is so quick, it seems like consistent invulnerability. 

I take Flow to allow myself to use Miasma as a primary weapon, most times I can run missions without firing a single bullet or melee swing lol. 
12 Miasmas to cast in a row ain't no joke!

He did.

(1500/1.4) * (1.4+1) * (100%+57%) = 4037 total.

The +1 to the 1.4 duration is the extra tick.

Edit: I wouldn't call it hidden; the 'hidden tick' imo is the 0.4 remainder, which does damage but does not display a number popup.

Molt doesn't always work great, admittedly, and the meatshield amount isn't amazing. It still works well enough in certain situations, especially against melee enemies and it provides a nice breather when needed. The DoT shed alone is worth it against high level Grineer, especially when not using the Rage/LifeStrike setup that allows for easy health restoration. 

As for the vid; Ancient grapples often won't target Loki's decoy, either. 

molt removes status's so it's somewhat good