Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fireteam- Series Finale- Steel Meridian

Doozy84

We have adjusted to the white background new theme. Fireteam will now appear in black text.

Considering a lot of the regulars on the forums switched to the classic dark theme, that's very difficult for us to read now.

Is there any other color you could use that would work on both themes?

Considering a lot of the regulars on the forums switched to the classic dark theme, that's very difficult for us to read now.

Is there any other color you could use that would work on both themes?

No.

I'm not going to fight it. I'd rather not color the text at all. Colored text was a gag for Out of Frame to separate the characters and provide a couple of meta jokes. I'm not going to take a poll and ask who uses the new theme and who uses the old theme, I'm just going with whatever DE pushes as the new default because I don't think the vast majority of forum readers are invested in their favorite forum theme enough to care... And that includes me. White text will contrast on a dark background and black text will contrast on a light background, and there is no in between that works for both as you suggest. The human eye reads best with contrast, if I switch the text color to light grey to make everyone happy, it will only make the text a bigger pain in the &#! to read in both themes, so I'm just going to follow DE, and make the only person that matters happy- Me.

Because the fact of the matter is, I don't care about making any of you happy. I'm a sadist and I'm here to hurt you.

Why else would I write a story about Grineer marines, wait for you to love them, and then kill them horribly one by one?

Have you ever read homestuck? Because it does that all the time and has a fandom of millions.

YOU CANNOT KILL WHAT IS ALREADY DEAD.

You're a damn cephalon, you dropped your kraken for a nukor, AND you're a homestuck reader?

Dude, you just cannot gain points in my book. Your lucky you're robot faction, if those filthy machines actually had souls I'd write fan fiction about killing them off just to torture your feels.

Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind. Read your Orange-Catholic Bible, you water-fat heathen. Ya hya chouhada Muad'Dib.

Steel Meridian/Red Veil for life, til I die and the the toxin runs out of my Saryn! Earth, Mars, Phobos you already know the hood West spiral arm is the best spiral arm  we run this Milky Way Tupac rest in peace. You east side cephalon/arbiter punks can stay in the kuiper belt with your little *@##$ not-planets where you belong.

GRAB MARELOKS IF YOU SEE GRINEERPAC, CALL THE COPS IF YOU SEE GRINEERPAC

WHO SHOT VOR BUT YOU PUNKS DIDNT FINISH NOW HE'S BACK IN T4 AS A MENACE

HIT EM UP

No.

I'm not going to fight it. I'd rather not color the text at all. Colored text was a gag for Out of Frame to separate the characters and provide a couple of meta jokes. I'm not going to take a poll and ask who uses the new theme and who uses the old theme, I'm just going with whatever DE pushes as the new default because I don't think the vast majority of forum readers are invested in their favorite forum theme enough to care... And that includes me. White text will contrast on a dark background and black text will contrast on a light background, and there is no in between that works for both as you suggest. The human eye reads best with contrast, if I switch the text color to light grey to make everyone happy, it will only make the text a bigger pain in the @$$ to read in both themes, so I'm just going to follow DE, and make the only person that matters happy- Me.

Because the fact of the matter is, I don't care about making any of you happy. I'm a sadist and I'm here to hurt you.

Why else would I write a story about Grineer marines, wait for you to love them, and then kill them horribly one by one?

Why not just  not mess with the text color at all? If you don't mess with it, it uses white by default for the dark theme and near-black by default for the light theme.

No effort needed at all and it'd make everyone happy. You said yourself that you'd "rather not color the text at all", anyway.

You're a damn cephalon, you dropped your kraken for a nukor, AND you're a homestuck reader?

Dude, you just cannot gain points in my book. Your lucky you're robot faction, if those filthy machines actually had souls I'd write fan fiction about killing them off just to torture your feels.

Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind. Read your Orange-Catholic Bible, you water-fat heathen. Ya hya chouhada Muad'Dib.

Steel Meridian/Red Veil for life, til I die and the the toxin runs out of my Saryn! Earth, Mars, Phobos you already know the hood West spiral arm is the best spiral arm  we run this Milky Way Tupac rest in peace. You east side cephalon/arbiter punks can stay in the kuiper belt with your little $#*(@ not-planets where you belong.

GRAB MARELOKS IF YOU SEE GRINEERPAC, CALL THE COPS IF YOU SEE GRINEERPAC

WHO SHOT VOR BUT YOU PUNKS DIDNT FINISH NOW HE'S BACK IN T4 AS A MENACE

HIT EM UP

I think Doozy might need a second for his brain to cool down.

-snip-

On a seperate note from Doozy's overheating mind, starting to get the feeling that this is going to end up like "All Quiet on the Western Front" where the protagonist dies at the end and nobody on their side really ends up caring. Just another statistic and all.

Also, out of curiosity, what is your favorite swagdana, Doozy?

On a seperate note from Doozy's overheating mind, starting to get the feeling that this is going to end up like "All Quiet on the Western Front" where the protagonist dies at the end and nobody on their side really ends up caring. Just another statistic and all.

Also, out of curiosity, what is your favorite swagdana, Doozy?

Clones? Dying? People caring? Please. The only reason they bother to recover the corpses is so they can recycle them.

I think Doozy might need a second for his brain to cool down.

Hell no I stay RV/SM to the death.

When we started it was just about Cephalon, then everyone had to open their mouths with a mothafuckin opinion. So this is how we gonna do it- F*** Cephalon, F*** Arbiters, F*** Mobb Deep, and if you down with that computer F*** you too. DIE SLOW MOTHER #@*&$@ DIE SLOW, MY 44 MAKE SURE ALL YOUR KIDS DON'T GROW.

And if you don't get Tupac references, then you're probably too young to read a Doozy story anyway.

Why not just  not mess with the text color at all? If you don't mess with it, it uses white by default for the dark theme and near-black by default for the light theme.

No effort needed at all and it'd make everyone happy. You said yourself that you'd "rather not color the text at all", anyway.

Not that simple. If it was, you would look very smart. BUT IT ISN'T, SO YOU'RE A POOPY HEAD.

I don't write the posts in the actual forum interface, because that's painful. I invite you to try it. Type a 500 word essay in the reply box and then hit the post button, or shoot yourself in the head, whichever is more comfortable at the time. Protip- You'll shoot yourself in the head. DON'T DO IT, YOU HAVE TOO MUCH TO LIVE FOR.

The forum interface is cute for when you're posting comments, but for actual writing, you need to use a real word processor, like Google Docs, Word, or Pages. Ask anyone else who actually writes for forums and they'll tell you the same thing... Except probably Duhadventure, I'm not sure he's figured it out yet, he might actually be writing his version of Out of Frame in the forum framework and that's... excruciating.

When you ctrl+V/ctrl+P into the forum interface, it takes the formatting from your word processor with it. Black text in the reply box does not equal "Magic Black Forum Text that is always colored appropriately based on the client's forum theme." It means "This text will be black."

If it was actually that easy, I would have done it. But as it turns out, making it more inconvenient for you is easier. Welcome to Costco, I love you.

costco.jpg

Edited by Doozy84

As someone who has written a number of 2000+ word posts I am inclined to agree.

The forum interface just doesn't have the tools to format properly and bbcode is a pain in the &#! to write.

Plus accidentally fat fingering the back key and losing half an hours work makes me want to go punch a disabled puppy.

As for the theme, I don't see it as a big deal. It is here to stay, so get used to it

The forum interface just doesn't have the tools to format properly and bbcode is a pain in the @$$ to write.

Plus accidentally fat fingering the back key and losing half an hours work makes me want to go punch a disabled puppy.

As for the theme, I don't see it as a big deal. It is here to stay, so get used to it

^i did that for my own little thing. i go back to edit the color if possible, but it just messes it up. i really wish the DE forum team could work on that...

Hell no I stay RV/SM to the death.

When we started it was just about Cephalon, then everyone had to open their mouths with a mothafuckin opinion. So this is how we gonna do it- F*** Cephalon, F*** Arbiters, F*** Mobb Deep, and if you down with that computer F*** you too. DIE SLOW MOTHER #@*&$@ DIE SLOW, MY 44 MAKE SURE ALL YOUR KIDS DON'T GROW.

And if you don't get Tupac references, then you're probably too young to read a Doozy story anyway.

Eh, never much paid much mind to Tupac, not much into rap.

so Doozy, you're essensially the pure resistance-against-the-conflict kinda guy? absolutely no room to seek out your true potential or seek to know more about the way of things? keep in mind that those two can be used to your advantage in said resistance.

I do that S#&$ in real life. I spent all afternoon riding an exercise bike while reading a book about the psychology of body language.

Which by the way, is totally comfortable, as long as the bike is recumbent. I think I'll be able to do 50 miles a day by the end of the week if scheduling allows and I have enough to read.

The forum interface just doesn't have the tools to format properly and bbcode is a pain in the @$$ to write.

Feels.

I do that S#&$ in real life. I spent all afternoon riding an exercise bike while reading a book about the psychology of body language.

Which by the way, is totally comfortable, as long as the bike is recumbent. I think I'll be able to do 50 miles a day by the end of the week if scheduling allows and I have enough to read.

excersice WHILE reading a book? all that movement though...

I don't think he knows what books are.

They are like tablets, but made out of lots of bits of paper

[gasps] you mean those dreadful archaic tomes that constituted a waste of volume!? how primitive of you to even refer to such inconveniences!

look at the post-human computer worshiper making excuses.

you shouldnt exercise while reading a book. you should read a book while exercising.

[gasps] you mean those dreadful archaic tomes that constituted a waste of volume!? how primitive of you to even refer to such inconveniences!

you shouldnt exercise while reading a book. you should read a book while exercising.

I can do both, because I am a mentat.

Also, there's a certain look a woman has when she walks into a room full of books, touches her chin with her index finger, and does a half turn around the room to look around. Then she says, "You've read all of these?" And you say, "Only the ones on the shelf. I only put them on the shelf if I've read them. If they're on that pile there, they're on my to-do list."

Then, as long as its not particularly cold or damp, and you made sure the heater was running at an ideal temperature before you left the house, the warm, musty smell of old paper will drift into her nose and smother her inhibitions.

Right in that moment, when she's deciding how smart you are, and how much she's impressed by it, (protip- she always is. The only accessory a woman loves to see more on a man than a guitar or a motorcycle is something that convinces her he's smart- Like a wall full of books.) she'll turn her face away from you and give you a half-smile out of the corner of her mouth that only says one thing.

You are getting laid.

And that, gentlemen, is why you should read books. Because there is no classier and more sophisticated aphrodisiac than the smell of warm, old paper.

Now, if you want to keep her, make sure Margaret Atwood is on your shelf.