Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fireteam- Series Finale- Steel Meridian

Doozy84

Her eyes still swollen shut, Demeg could only hear them coming, not see them. But for what she knew would inevitably happen, blindness was a small mercy.

“Sarge! Its Demeg! She’s alive! I see her!” Dedam’s voice rang out.

“Dedam?” She groaned hoarsely. “Dedam? Dedam!”

Oh no. No no no no.

“Get away from here!” She screamed as she heard the sound of boot soles slapping against the damp labyrinthine tunnel. “She turned me loose in the tunnel as bait! She’s in here somewhere, she’ll kill you all!”

She could feel them in the air, sense their proximity. They were already too close. Why didn’t they listen? Why didn’t they think?

“You’re all dead.” She laughed with a twinge of insanity. “I can’t see you die. You’re all dead.”

“The F*** did she do to you?” Dedam asked.

“Run you idiots!” Demeg squealed.

“Not without you.” She heard Deeve growl.

“We’re all dead then.” Demeg giggled. “I can hear the silence now. In between the heartbeats, that’s what she is.”

“Demeg, it’s time to square your S#&$ away and get the F*** out of-” She heard Deeve’s voice before it was cut off.

There was a sound like silence, then the rapid cracking of something that was like a whip, like a tether of living muscle that was sentient and hungry.

She heard it lash and strike.

There was a half-gurgle, half-scream that sounded like Deeve’s voice, as if his lungs were full of blood. She knew they probably were.

Dedam was laughing. She didn’t know why, but he was laughing.

Then she heard it.

BANG-BANG

BANG-BANG

Derew tapping the trigger of his kraken twice.

There was running. She heard his boots pounding the tunnel floor. It had to be Derew. The voices that were Dedam and Deeve had stopped.

There was another sound of running as well, a lighter, faster, more graceful stride, measured, confident, eager. She knew it was the tenno.

---

“Not without you.” Deeve growled.

She looked like S#&$. She was caked in filth, one of her eyes was swollen shut, the other was scorched out of her skull in a molten mess of corroded ceramplastic, what used to be her helmet. He wasn’t sure what was her hair and what was just filthy muck, but he assumed... Grineer women, especially in the Marine Corps, didn’t have a lot of hair.

Her bionics were shot. Deeve could see that was why she was unrestrained. The neural pickups were disabled and something had melted and cracked the ankle joints of her prosthetics, it must have been that tenno whip when she was first pulled into the darkness.

She was manic. Shell-shocked. SNAFU. She was screaming at them.

“We’re all dead then.” Demeg giggled. “I can hear the silence now. In between the heartbeats, that’s what she is.”

“Demeg, it’s time to square your S#&$ away and get the F*** out of-” He was cut off.

Literally.

There was the sound of a whip crack and his mouth filled with blood. He screamed, or did something like screaming, but it was more gore and fluid than air and voice. His lungs were no longer an enclosed environment, he could feel the dank, soupy air of the tunnel on his internal organs.

Sergeant Deeve wondered how exactly he was able to see the toes of his boots so closely. He realized that he was no longer attached to his own legs. He died right as he figured out that he had been violently dismembered, and did not feel pain.

---

Dedam was laughing.

He was laughing at his grakata on the ground, next to his hand, still holding it, next to his right leg, sitting on top of it.

When the whip struck Sergeant Deeve, it went right through him, and the lashing stroke that cut Deeve in half and killed him instantly severed two of Dedam’s limbs as well.

He laughed because it was funny. There was so much blood on him. He couldn’t decide if it was mostly his or mostly Deeve’s. It was a serious dilemma. There was certainly a lot of it. It was funny, in a macabre way. Really funny.

Well, I finally got to see a tenno in action. He thought. That made him laugh too.

He realized he was in the process of dying horribly, and he pissed himself.

He looked up and saw Derew. Derew was behind him and the sarge, ten steps back like the seekers always were, behind the lancers.

Dedam looked up into the big heavy barrel of the kraken and smiled.

Well, he thought, looking at his severed limbs lying in growing puddles of his own blood. Any other way is better than this.

BANG-BANG

BANG-BANG

---

If there was ever a #@*&$@ on this whole S#&$ty patrol ship in dire need of being shot in the face, it was Dedam. Derew thought to himself as he turned on his heel and ran.

He was still bitter that Dedam’s stupidity was the cause of Dereb’s death. For awhile, he was deeply worried that Dedam doing something stupid was going to be the cause of his own death. There was a saying in the Grineer Marine Corps, “Never share a foxhole with someone braver than you.” Dedam was stupid enough to be that brave.

I would have liked to shoot him just for the sake of shooting him, but that was a favor. He thought.

He ran like death was chasing him.

Death was chasing him.

He couldn’t hear her breathing down his neck... He didn’t even know if she did breathe. Did tenno breathe? Were they human at all? What she had done to them certainly didn’t seem human at all.

He just sprinted. With any luck at all, he’d run face first into another patrol, somewhere lost deep in this hell-maze, and get shot to death in a friendly fire incident taking a face full of grakata bullets from some paranoid trigger happy lancer pointman. That was the best he could hope for, because maybe some of those bullets would hit the tenno behind him.

He didn’t hear any sounds at all beside the thumping of his heart in the back of his throat and the slapping of his boot soles against the damp floor, and the lighter, graceful steps behind him.

---

Demeg was alone again.

She cried. She laughed. She laughed and cried. Life was a comedy of cruelty and explosive violence.

She pulled herself by her arms through the muck. It was warm. She knew the greasy floor of the tunnels had been lubricated by the blood of her fellow marines, that she was crawling through gore.

She wanted to outpace it. Crawl away from it. But her bionic legs were so much deadweight, and slowly and inexorably, she felt the puddles of blood lap around her, swallow her, stain her uniform.

“I can’t get away from it, but its not deep enough to drown in.” She mocked herself.

She bumped into something squishy. She knew it was human. Was human.

“Deeve?” She called out. No answer.

“Dedam? Derew?” No answer.

“...Tenno?” Silence.

She tried to push away the soft, wet object that she knew was human gore, and crawled forward. She touched something hard, metal, and slick with blood.

Grakata.

Doozy a Michael Bay fanatic? Nah, his stories have too much depth and sense to them for Michael Bay.

Thats more like Mr Torgue from Borderlands. If I recall correct, Doozy quoted him exactly. And though I believe in a peaceful coexistence of laser guns and explosive weapons in Warframe, I'd totally throw any laser away for one more shotgun that fires exploding swords which split into even more exploding swords. And also I supported Torgue on that one quest because of the before mentioned argument that lasers do not explode. Mr. Torgue. <3

Thats more like Mr Torgue from Borderlands. If I recall correct, Doozy quoted him exactly. And though I believe in a peaceful coexistence of laser guns and explosive weapons in Warframe, I'd totally throw any laser away for one more shotgun that fires exploding swords which split into even more exploding swords. And also I supported Torgue on that one quest because of the before mentioned argument that lasers do not explode. Mr. Torgue. <3

the Orokin use lasers.....

and if you've ever played Planetside 2, there's a joke that one of the factions has shotguns that shoot shotguns.

with that in mind, lets have shotguns that shoot exlosive pellets that use Orokin laser spheres as shrapnel.... there, you have an abomination that uses explosiveness and lasers all at once....

also i get the feeling that Doozy hates lasers because they dont come close to the power of Orokin lasers...

Nothing wrong with lasers.

Though occasionally pumping infinite lead into a target is the better option.

For instance, the Opticor is useless for fighting Lephantitis.

Opticor might not have been too useful but Lephantis had no defense against Hallowed Ground. The floors were just too clean for him

the Orokin use lasers.....

and if you've ever played Planetside 2, there's a joke that one of the factions has shotguns that shoot shotguns.

with that in mind, lets have shotguns that shoot exlosive pellets that use Orokin laser spheres as shrapnel.... there, you have an abomination that uses explosiveness and lasers all at once....

also i get the feeling that Doozy hates lasers because they dont come close to the power of Orokin lasers...

I typed out a reply twice, deleted it because it was mean, and being mean to people never helps. You should just encourage them instead. Encouragement is easier than being mean, and it pays off more in the long run.

So I'm encouraging you to stop posting. <3

Edited by Doozy84

I typed out a reply twice, deleted it because it was mean, and being mean to people never helps. You should just encourage them instead. Encouragement is easier than being mean, and it pays off more in the long run.

So I'm encouraging you to stop posting. <3

[is greatly encouraged to stop posting <3]

Just the fact that it deals awful damage against it.

Not sure if serious....

14k corrosive that has a +75% damage against Fossilized target, I admit I haven't tried it yet.... It could just be a bug...

Could also be 4 people in full R30 gear causing his level to go through the roof. 

Edit- Could be the on impact AOE causing really bad damage for reasons.

Edited by BritishBob

its a quality of life issue. You can play the opticor for the big win with the charged shot when he opens up and hope you time it right, or you can just hammer that LMB to victory with a juiced up latron and dump half a clip in him every time you see pink. We eventually just got to a point where pretty much the whole room was Latroned up and we were just dumping shells like 22lr was on sale at Bass Pro Shops on Labor Day weekend.

Mirage with pimped out Opticor couldn't even chunk a head for 10%

Wheras Rhino with an Equally pimped Lat Prime would take ~30% of a heads hp each time it opens up.

To be fair to Mirage, the boss room is pretty dark and there is nowhere to farm stacks there, but still.

I'd take the Latron any day.