Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fireteam- Series Finale- Steel Meridian

Doozy84

So.. off topic and what not, but who's your favorite Warhammer 40K faction anyways? I have to go with the Salamanders and the Tau in my case. 

not talking about 40k right now because I'm a little butthurt over some tournament results yesterday that cost me a free Forgefiend box in prizes. I was 1-0 with a total stomp in my first game, got a bad matchup in my second and got smoked by some grav centurions... But that was fine because that guy had a list that totally countered mine and losing to him early in the tournament would mean I could still sneak into the top 2 tables and place without fighting him again, so I was happy to take that loss. In the match that should have put me on the 2nd table I lost to a guy who I always beat the crap out of, who is known around the shop as a shady dice roller, and I had good counters to his list and would have smoked him again but my sorcerer couldn't even pull off a 2 warp charge spell with 4 dice and a spell familiar reroll, twice. If I actually beat him like I should have, I would have gone to the second table in the tournament and won third place against a nid army I had a perfect counter-comp against... Against an opponent who was playing nids for the first time that day with the army I sold him to pay bills.

So yea, I got robbed by RNGsus while a dude that never played nids using my fully painted nid army with a list I wrote lucked his way through to the second table.

So what did we learn?

1. I don't want to talk about 40k right now. Ask me again next week because my dice are currently being punished for their lack of faith.

2. Anyone that tries to tell you that Tyranids aren't one of the top tier armies right now is an idiot and I will table them in 3 turns if you give me a nid army... I miss my bugs already. Damn you, student loans!

What about a story about Dr Tengu and the Grustrag 3 ?

what about it?

New Loka and Arbiters have the same problem- Specifically that they're tenno-centric factions, and that makes them boring. Tenno aren't really human and aren't really relatable characters. They don't have faces, they don't have weaknesses, they're bajillion year old cryo-frozen superhuman space ninjas from another age and once you peel the skin off of them there's no emotion or humanity under it, they're just the nameless protagonist characters that you mow down wave after wave of goons with to harvest XP. That's why people actually liked Out of Frame, because it put human faces on tenno.

wow, im acually working on a Arbiter/Suda questline. this is gold. i will keep this in mind.

I like to think of the Tenno as beings who can feel but keep their emotions repressed. I always imagined that Tenno chose to stain their hands so that others could keep theirs clean, choosing to bear their stigma if it meant the people could rest easy; maybe they carry a sense of guilt that they abandoned the people when they were needed the most, and now see a question in the eyes of every soldier they kill-

where were you, when they took us and corrupted us, twisting ourselves into debasing our souls? Where were you when you were needed? What right do you have now to judge us when you slumbered while we lost our way?

And inside, they die a little, every time.

But that's just my head-canon! :)

I like to think of the Tenno as beings who can feel but keep their emotions repressed. I always imagined that Tenno chose to stain their hands so that others could keep theirs clean, choosing to bear their stigma if it meant the people could rest easy; maybe they carry a sense of guilt that they abandoned the people when they were needed the most, and now see a question in the eyes of every soldier they kill-

where were you, when they took us and corrupted us, twisting ourselves into debasing our souls? Where were you when you were needed? What right do you have now to judge us when you slumbered while we lost our way?

And inside, they die a little, every time.

But that's just my head-canon! :)

See, that's just the same tired warrior-philosopher death-before-dishonor angle that every post-human super science soldier has though. Its boring as hell, and it doesn't even say anything about their culture.

The only thing the tenno have that's interesting at all are syandanas, because those items actually have lore in their descriptions that references something that doesn't have to do with ninja space murder.

Want to know what would make the tenno actually interesting? Helmetless heads. Cultural artifacts that are actually cultural artifacts, not just dangly things you hang from your weapon.

What does a traditional tenno wedding dress look like? How do the women wear their hair and makeup? What are their courtship rituals? Do they have large, pageant-like weddings like in anglo-Christian tradition, or do they have liquid informal agreements with only an exchange of a few ritual words like in Islam or the Sioux Nation? Are they monogamous or polygamous? Do they eat with forks or chopsticks? Is their primary grain wheat or rice? Is their social structure patrilineal or matrilineal? What is their cultural inclination towards their bodies, do they bathe privately like in America or Western Europe, or do they have public baths like the ancient Greeks, asians, and Turks? Are they sedentary or nomadic? Do they subsist mostly on livestock like chicken and beef, or do they fish? Do they have a written tradition or oral sagas?

None of those questions currently have answers. Everything we know about the tenno right now is just cribbed from samurai movies and put in space. All of those questions, if answered, would tell us more about who the tenno are than a bunch of decorative cherry trees in the dojo.

So you see, that whole "I have to do this because no one else will" Badass reluctant martyr-soldier gag is tired as hell and doesn't actually contribute anything to the universe.

...on an unrelated note, for the love of God someone please give me a Fang Prime handle so I can advance this stupid Red Veil standing.

Enjoyed the read! Thanks for writing this!

---

Hmm, yeah, I've always felt that the Tenno can never (have a hard time, actually) at being main characters in the Warframe universe; there's not much to them despite their powers and history. They work better as secondary characters or as a... Advancing lava flow to another story's plot.

The more interesting stories are in the denizens of the Origin system, as through their desires and needs, have to cope with the dystopian world that threatens to end them. Highly annoyed that we don't see any real civilians yet, there's hacked docs which shows this I think? But they're not canon/Vor was a woman!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qc5kjz3ac6ib1v9/Warframe_ru_latest.pdf?dl=0

A disgustingly gargantuan woman,
Co Vor terrorized her way through
the Grineer upper chain of
command. Devouring everyone who
stood in her way, she found herself
as Consul of the Inner District.
Tipping the scales at over 1700
pounds, Vor became the
spokesperson for a custom line of
Grineer body augmentations for the
morbidly obese. The augmentations
are designed to hide excess flesh.
Without it, Vor would be completely

immobile

Anymore, I'm more curious on what the Tenno were, not what they are now.

I'm worried their origin goes along the lines of the Spartan IIs a la Halo. However, the fact that the tenno have a culture at all gives me hope that they evolved from that at one point. That's probably where the meat of Warframe's lore sits.

...on an unrelated note, for the love of God someone please give me a Fang Prime handle so I can advance this stupid Red Veil standing.

Jesus christ Doozy. I saw you asking for that like a week ago? 

Fine, I'll try to get you one.

EDIT: Got one for you. 10 plat, so use it well.

Edited by Shamalamadingdongwa

what about it?

idk, it looks like a good story to tell/write, i mean... grineers, insane guys, crazy experiments, not much official infos, possible fights between Ruk and Hek because of it... i guess there's enough material to set up something potentially really really interesting

Isnt it?

Jesus christ Doozy. I saw you asking for that like a week ago? 

Fine, I'll try to get you one.

EDIT: Got one for you. 10 plat, so use it well.

I'm lazy and I didn't want to sit through 15 minutes of T2 defense to get it. I had stuff to do, like write all that damn weapon lore.

I'm lazy and I didn't want to sit through 15 minutes of T2 defense to get it. I had stuff to do, like write all that damn weapon lore.

How do you make time to write... o.O

I have to always do homework, eat with family, and then the admin of the mc server i work on is like "DUH help me work on modpack"

The people collecting thing is just a general life rule. You have to be a bit of sociopath, and pick and choose who you want to be around. You're going to write from your own life experience whether you try to or not, so try to be around interesting people. Cut off useless friends who only sit around smoking weed and playing xbox, and spend more time with artists, musicians, fighters, and lovers. You want to be around creative and ambitious people...  Mostly because they're interesting, but also because you might just luck out and they might catch their break, go somewhere, and take you with them.

There you go m8.

I got Doozy his handle. NOw what.

now i have to find something else to complain about. Like why the hell do they hand out gold potatoes but never silver ones?

How do you make time to write... o.O

I have to always do homework, eat with family, and then the admin of the mc server i work on is like "DUH help me work on modpack"

Finding time to write is not real. It is not an issue. If you are a writer then you have to write, like a dancer has to dance or an artist has to create. It's an impulse and an addiction. You will do it or you won't. Actually sitting down and writing is 1% of writing. The other 99% is sending query letters.

Do I have to give you a catalyst too?

I didn't even know those damn things could be traded, because I hardly ever shop in the trade channels. I'll trade anyone gold for silver 1 for 1, hell I'll even trade 2 for 1. I have all the frames I'll ever play, I'm only ever on Ash or Saryn.

I gifted you a catalyst too. Now what?

I don't suppose you have a long-legged redhead with pouty lips in a french maid costume you can gift me as well?

I'll settle for a blonde in a bunny costume if you don't.

-edit-

Oh wow I just saw Nova Prime.

Somebody that bought her, please paint her pink and flesh colored. That thing on her helmet looks like a nipple. Post screenshots.

Edited by Doozy84