Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fireteam- Series Finale- Steel Meridian

Doozy84

No.

You can look up Kate Upton if you want that.

I don't need Kate Upton.

I just need a nice quiet girl who likes to read, sew, and wear lingerie and daring dresses, who enjoys quiet nights at home, Korean barbecue, and has a profoundly filthy and deviant imagination full of a diverse and staggering array of debauchery and perversion.

And I finally finished all those god damn Grineer guns. I think there's more Grineer guns than anything in this damn game.

I don't need Kate Upton.

I just need a nice quiet girl who likes to read, sew, and wear lingerie and daring dresses, who enjoys quiet nights at home, Korean barbecue, and has a profoundly filthy and deviant imagination full of a diverse and staggering array of debauchery and perversion.

Yet with the original description you make it sound like you want Kate Upton.

Edited by Shamalamadingdongwa

I'm 70k into my Steel Meridian re-grind for my second marelok if any of you heathens want to trade a gammacor or an akbolto.

Also I picked up that bacon sword mod from Red Veil and its easily the best of all the syndicate weapon mods until DE re-balances shotguns. (Then the Steel Meridian shotgun mods will probably wreck house.)

Seriously it turns the bacon sword into a full blast 3 patty baconator. I've been screwing around with it and its just out of control. Most of the other mods are just weak because they sit on weapons that are meh, like who gives a crap about putting lifesteal on a single furis?

But Bacon sword is off the deep end, its out of control. The sword itself is mediocre of course, but keep in mind that it has matching polarity to CRIMSON RUIN EVERYTHING DERVISH, the sword stance that turns any 1 handed longsword into a galantine.

So you take your meh tier Bacon sword, put MURDER EVERYTHING stance in it, and you slot that badboy with the electric/efficiency mod, Life Strike, and the channel damage mod, and then you just stack more poison damage and destroy everything. You hit that LMB button, spin into a pack of mobs, and then hammer the E key and everything around you is dead in 3 strokes of the sword because all your hits are getting 200-300% bonus damage from Crimson Dervish and 120% bonus damage from the charge mod. You stay at full HP the whole time because you just hit a guy for 22k with lifestrike on and it just fills you back up, then your syndicate mod meter fills up and explodes, and you get all your energy back because the Red Veil mod is energy/viral.

So then you just spin into another pack of mobs and repeat. Soloing nullifier packs at full health on Pluto all day.

Also, since the Red Veil blast is viral, it never falls off and stays relevant to endgame, because all syndicate blasts do guaranteed status procs, so even if 1,000 damage because useless, its still forcing a viral proc half health drop on every mob in the radius.

So yea, Toxic Blight for President 2016. It keeps your health full, refunds all your energy after you channel it, its basically a Dervish Dakra Prime that explodes for viral and keeps you full on everything. Its freaking game changing for the bacon sword, I have potatoes in my Dakra, my ichors, and my Glaive Prime, but Red Veil Baconator Dervish is just the best combination of quality of life and raw damage, because you aren't pulling mod slots to crit or status and can actually put in the utility mods you would normally never use. You just run in, hammer everything, and walk out with full health and energy.

Someone made a Synoid Gammacor build where it had more DPS than Soma Prime and Boltor Prime, so... thanks. I'll pass.

Why all the definitive hate for Suda anyway? Who said the ol' gal HAD to follow sci-fi tropes? Aren't you the kind of guy who hates cliches in the first place? What's up with that?

You need to learn the ways of Zerker-tine Ash.

It's like a Crimson Dervish one hander, but better.

Teleport then hit melee. Boom, you just executed a guy with 20k finisher damage and got a stack of berserker now use the W combo to chop through the two other dudes next to you before using the jump slam in it to knock another guy down, hit him with a massive ground Execute.

Now you are at 2 stacks. At this point you can move something with the mass of a small car around at something approaching the speed of sound.

The best course of action from here on out is to spin and start farming infinite combo points.

Proceed to laugh as rage/life strike infinitely renew your hp and energy.

If there is a tough enemy stun em with your 2 and kill them with even more damage, or teleport to them and kill them in great fashion.

Once you have farmed enough combo points, hit 4 and watch your unboosted bladestorm hit for 8k. And if that doesn't get them, the torrent of blood spurting from their necks will.

The Galatine may not have the stats of other heavy weapons, but it has reach and grace that they cannot match.

Also, I'd trade you a Telos, but I cashed it in already. Picked up a bunch of augments for it, including the Skana one, which I am hyped to try out.

Flat damage boost, hp restore and armour melting. What more can you ask for.

Should have enough rep for another Telos by the end of the weekend though.

Still have 81 T4 Survivals to run.

Which is good, considering how many builds I need to test.

Someone made a Synoid Gammacor build where it had more DPS than Soma Prime and Boltor Prime, so... thanks. I'll pass.

Why all the definitive hate for Suda anyway? Who said the ol' gal HAD to follow sci-fi tropes? Aren't you the kind of guy who hates cliches in the first place? What's up with that?

l1RYG.jpg

Because Ultron= Suda

Because I'm a huge fan of the 2 biggest franchises in science fiction for sentient AI hate. Terminator and Dune.

Thou shalt not make a machine in the likeness of a human mind.

Its a cardinal sin in the Orange Catholic Bible, and for a very good reason- The Butlerian Jihad. Need a calculator? Get a mentat.

The things that stand out most in my mind from Dune was Paul Maud' Dib being an emo whiner, the bad guys saying "my son will know how to be oppressive" as though they knew they were antagonisticMcbadpants, Paul's wife just hooking onto him in like five seconds, and every character being so flat and bland, their motives revealed within a few paragraphs, that I wondered how the heck it became a Sci-Fi classic.

What am I missing? I thought character-driven narratives were your thing anyway.

You're not missing anything.

Herbert was a dreadful writer. Good imagination, but he always bogged down good ideas with the most boring writing imaginable. After attempting to read White Plague and one of the Dune sequels, I figured he had terminal writer's block and he went on my NFE list.

The things that stand out most in my mind from Dune was Paul Maud' Dib being an emo whiner, the bad guys saying "my son will know how to be oppressive" as though they knew they were antagonisticMcbadpants, Paul's wife just hooking onto him in like five seconds, and every character being so flat and bland, their motives revealed within a few paragraphs, that I wondered how the heck it became a Sci-Fi classic.

What am I missing? I thought character-driven narratives were your thing anyway.

The book was never about the characters.

Dune is about religion.