Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Wold Be Best Wepons For These Requirements?

Ryouzanpaku

Question

I am looking for weapons which wil fit my playstyle (ofc I want top dps weapons):

Primary:

- full auto

- high RoF

- large magazine

- preferably Hit-Scan and accurate

As for now I am using Boltor Prime and I like it quite a lot except for short range and projectile travel time/drop.

It seems to me Soma should fit my needs, but would be happy for any tips :)

Melee:

- long reach

- multiple targets

- fast weapon

On paper I like Orthos P and Bo Prime?

Secondary: here I have pretty no idea.... something to supplement my primary I suppose?

TY in advance for any tips :)

Edited by Ryouzanpaku

22 answers to this question

Primary: grakata or soma, if you want hitscan. I prefer the karak, but the clip size is smaller than those(I don't find this a problem, but it's of note).

melee: amphis. It is the fastest weapon in the game, has quite a long reach, and can not only hit multiple targets, but also gives an inherent elec proc(stun+chained damage) on slam hits. Also, it's a staff weapon--while polearms are nice, all of the polearm stances start off with a single diagonal slice that lasts almost 2 seconds before the next attack. Staring at your weapon in a pointless resting pose, waiting for the next swing is the definition of frustration.

secondary: formerly, castanas or angstrum. Both were nerfed heavily by having their max ammo dumped, but still have their basic perks: angstrum can blanket fire explosives--it's not particularly safe, and not ammo efficient at all, but modded properly, can fire something around 27 explosive projectiles at once. Castanas allow you to detonate them at your leisure, and can be rapidly deployed to any target. The ability to detonate them on-demand means that, for many scenarios, especially bosses with "ha, I'm invincible" modes, you can wait for the perfect time before detonating them, allowing you to aim with leisure and then worry about timing, rather than forcing you to do both at once--and the fact that you can stack quite a few on a target at once means that you can get extremely high burst dps. The recent ammo nerf makes these a bit difficult to work with, though, as you only get 30 ammo, and must find sniper boxes to refill them.

EDIT: For a lot of fun, if you have ammo mutators and relevant mods, the twin vipers give you the joy of firing every bullet you own in about 8 to 10 seconds. For a more-accurate high-speed weapon, dual cestras have a similar style, but at about 1/2 the rate of fire.

Edited by Llyssa

Melee:

- long reach

- multiple targets

- fast weapon

Consider trying the whips; Scoliac and Lecta. The stances for those are neat and will do long reach/multitarget better and faster than staffs and polearms. I think they copter better, too.

Soma doesn't need a secondary weapon. Use the secondary slot for stacking vs an invader you're marked for, the area boss, a utility fuction, just for fun or something very, very ammo efficient like Lex Prime.

Edited by VKhaun

Like most of the people said, Soma is a really reliable Primary. 

Since the Soma is doing well in most games, until the end game, you might wanna use a utility secondary, I would suggest Detron or Nukor for utility, when you can't do damage any more. But you can equip anything really, something that looks good on your thigh ^^

For the melee well, Orthos Prime and Bo Prime are good, but you will want to see the stance, which is quite important for melee. 

TBH the only weapon which fits your primary requirements is the soma

Personally I prefer my modded boltorP more than I ever liked my soma, but that's personal.

iirc the most efficient modding for the soma is for crits, but could be wrong. Havent used or looked at it in ages.

Everybody use soma and marelok, be different, try gorgon with lex prime for example.

Lex prime 4 life :D

I have a pimped brakk and marelok, yet I almost exclusively use my LexP as secondary

Everybody use soma and marelok, be different, try gorgon with lex prime for example.

However gorgon is slow, big, and has no hitscan, which aren't what the OP was informing about

NEVERMIND. I looked up gorgon, it is hitscan, has high RoF although slow windup time and low accuracy compared to soma. Guess what I wanted to say is, don't just pick another weapon for the sake of being different. 

Edited by VanLyrr

However gorgon is slow, big, and has no hitscan, which aren't what the OP was informing about

Gorgon is hitscan. It's not particularly accurate, but it's definitely hitscan. It's also quite fast, and I didn't see anything about size.of the weapon itself.

As others have said: First glance at your reqs, I'd say Soma (which is the most efficient), or Grakata/Karak if you have reason to prefer them.

Upon reflection I'd add the Amprex or Quanta.

For melee:

Depending on what you mean by 'fast weapon'... as others have said, Orthos/Bo are good, as are the whips.

I favor the Jat Kittag, though :P but it's not fast;

and Scindo/Gram/Galatine with Cleaving Whirlwind isn't too slow once you start spinning.

Edited by Chroia

I just finished my Akmagnus and they totally trash the place! They are somewhat costly to craft...

Great for status and/or crit builds.

Base status: 25%

Base crit: 25%

Crit mult: 200%

I like the look and how they sound. Only drawback is the long recharge time. Oh and they are semiauto btw.

BUT, I have to agree with 2old4gamez, nothing can beat the Gremlins for looks and fun !!

For primary, people tend to overlook the glaxion because of its low beginning damage. The accuracy isn't much to worry about, it'll kill what you point at despite its erratic beam. If you spend time and forma on the weapon and pair it with something like a nova, you can clear entire rooms with a quirky death animation to boot. I've forma'd my glaxion three times and I can kill everything up to lower-high-tier enemies in a near instant (ceres/pluto). It just takes a bit of time to work on.

Melee: Kronen is definitely something to grab, it may not have an exceedingly long range like polearms, but it's fast and it takes down enemies like a light-saber through human flesh.

Secondary: If you want power, despair is probably one of the single most powerful secondaries in the game, and if modded right, can hit really high damage numbers.

Primary-wise, the Soma is what you're looking for. It meets and exceeds all your requirements. There are options, of course, but all come with some caveats vice your reqs.

Melee-wise, the Orthos Prime meets all your requirements. The Nikana and D-Nikana could be considered the next best thing if you have access to ClanTech and the appropriate mastery ranks. The Dakra Prime would get honorable mention.

Secondaries...here things get a bit more debatable. I tend to choose secondaries for specific mission purposes (defense) or to cover a weakness in the primary. If the mission requires it, and explosive secondary gives you real options in defense and mobile defense (namely Angstrom or Stug). If the primary is short range or inaccurate, this can be offset in the secondary. In this case, the Soma is known for its alarming appetite for ammunition. So, a powerful and ammo efficient secondary would be a good idea. The Marelok, Lex Prime, or the handcannons can easily cover this issue with the Soma.

Regardless, those are some options that would fulfill your requirements.