Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Roaming Planet (Attract More Players)

Zhirus

Warframe is a great game and all, but it's really only a fighting game.  I mean yes, there are dojos now, but those don't really cut it.  It reminds me of Mount and Blade.  The fighting playing field in M&B is great.  But if it didn't have the roaming playing field, where you can travel, it would suck.  I think warframe would easily be 10 times better if there were a planet where people can just go and hang out.  Perhaps have different channels on that planet, or perhaps different roaming planets.  But I think this feature would attract a lot more players.  The fact that you have to be a part of the same clan as someone to see them in a peaceful manner (the dojo) kind of sucks.  Don't get me wrong, though, Dojos are awesome.  But they are only for clan members :/

What do you guys think?  Am I the only one?  Is this a possibility in the future (whether distant or near)?

So you want something that's similar to the dojo but that can be joined by everyone? So kinda like a chat room for players to hang out?

Tbh, I'm not sure if that's something that we really need. Maybe if there were different kind of parkours available on the planet for players to mess around with it'd be more interesting to go there. But right now I feel like the Region and Alliance chat are good enough for me to have a chat with fellow players.

There is a similar concept to this being designed called player hubs, it should be out by u15, i think they've mentioned em many times in devstreams

And yes, anyone can join these,m tehy're meant to be like mini-towns in warframe

people should really do their research eh?

As somedude said, player hubs (not much info as of yet) are being developed already.

Amorax: Yes, but more like an actual planet that you can roam around and explore on,  meet new people, enjoy scenery, perhaps do parkour, etc.

Somedude: Oh, cool.  That sounds pretty similar.  I don't watch the livestreams, but I guess now i have a reason to.  It's not exactly what I had in mind, but it's not a bad start.  

SirAedeagus: Uhm. . . Yes. . . and yes.

I kinda would like if our ship is parked in dojo.
Ship in dojo, no need to join "dojo".  Dojostuff -> step outside of ship to hangar area.  Might be problem with big clans though.

Random peacefull area like ship/dojo but with certain amount of players and planetary area?

Region is kinda too big so how you choose the guys u hang out there?

Not sure how hubs will playout in p15. :L They are extra chat rooms only?

Edited by Agullimux

Warframe is a great game and all, but it's really only a fighting game.  I mean yes, there are dojos now, but those don't really cut it.  It reminds me of Mount and Blade.  The fighting playing field in M&B is great.  But if it didn't have the roaming playing field, where you can travel, it would suck.  I think warframe would easily be 10 times better if there were a planet where people can just go and hang out.  Perhaps have different channels on that planet, or perhaps different roaming planets.  But I think this feature would attract a lot more players.  The fact that you have to be a part of the same clan as someone to see them in a peaceful manner (the dojo) kind of sucks.  Don't get me wrong, though, Dojos are awesome.  But they are only for clan members :/

What do you guys think?  Am I the only one?  Is this a possibility in the future (whether distant or near)?

No, Warframe is fine the way it is. It doesn't need to become another MMO 2.0

If you don't like it, play something else.

Warframe is love, warframe is life.

We don't want more players who are just coming to explore a random world and then leave. We want players who are skilled. Not guys looking for 2 minutes of thrills just to complain about everything.

Edited by Semshol

I kinda would like if our ship is parked in dojo.

Ship in dojo, no need to join "dojo".  Dojostuff -> step outside of ship to hangar area.  Might be problem with big clans though.

Random peacefull area like ship/dojo but with certain amount of players and planetary area?

Region is kinda too big so how you choose the guys u hang out there?

Not sure how hubs will playout in p15. :L They are extra chat rooms only?

ooo yeah, having a functional hangar in the dojo would definitely be cool.  Though, it's not what I was talking about.

What I have in mind is kind of like how Face of Mankind is.  Having a planet/planets to just hang out and do stuff at.  A place not only bigger than the dojo, but easier than the dojo.  You don't have to invite people, you don't have to create anything, you just go there and have fun.  It also gives players a bigger incentive to buy appearance-based items to show off and act cool.  

Though, considering the dojo already has a trading and parkour feature, maybe that should be left out of the "hub."  Otherwise everyone will feel like they wasted their time making them.  

Edited by Zhirus

No, Warframe is fine the way it is. It doesn't need to become another MMO 2.0

If you don't like it, play something else.

Warframe is love, warframe is life.

We don't want more players who are just coming to explore a random world and then leave. We want players who are skilled. Not guys looking for 2 minutes of thrills just to complain about everything.

First of all, how would MORE players be a bad thing?  They don't affect you, and if you don't like to explore, then you probably won't go on these worlds, in which case you won't even notice these "thrill seekers" you seem to hate.  2nd, I highly, highly doubt anyone would download this game just to explore and be passive.  Most of the game is fighting and going on missions.  This planetary hangout idea of mine is just an extra side thing.  3rd, I've never heard of anyone in any mmo who comes for a small burst of excitement, and then proceeds to complain.  

I'm not asking for the combat system to be changed.  If you only like fighting, then how would adding a hangout area have any effect on you.  

Edited by Zhirus

When I read the title, I was hoping to find a pitch about a wandering planet that Tenno could jump on and do high risk/reward alerts.

On Topic; in one of DE's streams they gave a sneak peak of free roam hubs that players could gather in to chat and prepare for missions.  I think we'll see this around U15 or U15.5

First of all, how would MORE players be a bad thing?  They don't affect you, and if you don't like to explore, then you probably won't go on these worlds, in which case you won't even notice these "thrill seekers" you seem to hate.  2nd, I highly, highly doubt anyone would download this game just to explore and be passive.  Most of the game is fighting and going on missions.  This planetary hangout idea of mine is just an extra side thing.  3rd, I've never heard of anyone in any mmo who comes for a small burst of excitement, and then proceeds to complain.  

I'm not asking for the combat system to be changed.  If you only like fighting, then how would adding a hangout area have any effect on you.  

if they did, this may be unfair, how bout a certain rank t enter for example overall lvl 1 or 2 would be good but not lvl 0

if they did, this may be unfair, how bout a certain rank t enter for example overall lvl 1 or 2 would be good but not lvl 0

That would be a good idea.  keeps it from being too crowded i guess.  Maybe even different sections you can unlock at higher levels.  

it could also allow you to grind for levels and resources on specific planets without having to do misions

Why would open-world roaming be a conclusively attractive option over what players do already? And if it is, would implementing open-world roaming necessarily be the best option to tackle what problems you have with how grinding itself works currently, considering the scope of Warframe?

I think trying to introduce a new mode of play to present options is overreaching what Warframe is meant to be - talking specifically about how I think the OP wants player hubs to be implemented as here.

We don't need to try and introduce common, MMO-standard mechanics - our target audience and gameplay paradigm is clearly defined already. If the point of this change is to 'attract more players', by which I take to mean 'attract more players from different demographics' then... where does it stop? This is a dangerous slippery slope argument in favor of broadening Warframe development when really, I feel we should be improving on what we already develop over trying to attract players who prefer other types of games by branching out and trying lots of features at once.

Are new players, who bring with them feedback from different perspectives, who would probably want development to be pushed in more directions than can be sustained, more important than working through feedback from players who understand the status quo of development as it is?

That would be a good idea.  keeps it from being too crowded i guess.  Maybe even different sections you can unlock at higher levels.  

yeah something like that, so maybe when you get to higher lvls, you actually go higher levels like a tall building, maybe really high levels as well to get something unlocked like at overall rank 15

I dont know if its unfair that you will have to unlock planets or unlock the free roam planet to enter

the engine used by DE to design can't handle creating a free-roaming MMO-type world as you re suggesting (so I read in forums in another topic, don't remember which one), I'm hoping for a star wars Mos Esley feeling on that one personally

player hubs will be fine as small gathering map, I'm hoping for a star wars Mos Esley feeling on that one personally

but I'm sorry I disagree with you I don't want this game to turn in another MMO again

Edited by manub