Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Old Xini (Corpus Themed Map) Anywhere?

ImTehTea

Hey my dear friends, I got a question about the old Xini. Now im playing for

a couple days again (stopped at like U10) and I wanted to ask if there is a planet

which I can play the old Xini map Infested Defense.

Im not crying about the new one it looks pretty awesome but I just kinda miss the old one:)

*COMMUNITY BROFIST*

-Tea

We really should contact DE. I mean so many people loved the old map.

I think many of them want it back too. What do you think?

Yes I want It back to, one the best maps in the game but iirc Killerkarpfen did not like it (something about the pathfinding) the new xini is great but the old one will remain a classic the noobs won't ever play and that is sad.

We really should contact DE. I mean so many people loved the old map.

I think many of them want it back too. What do you think?

No we shouldn't.

Xini was such a flawed, poorly designed map that required ZERO effort to run for mods, resources, levels.

There's a reason it was so popular, when you could play it blindfolded with lvl 0 gear because all of the enemies appeared at one side of the map while you're perfectly safe sitting at the back pressing 4 and blind firing into hordes of melee restricted infested.

There's rarely a time where one needs to give the single slightest damn about ever being damaged since all of the enemies completely ignored you if you stood at the back (Where most people did).

Hell... it's not that much better now but at least they removed some of the spots where you can just sit and derp your way through 30+waves.

I hope they allow the infested to jump on top of the containers on the rails at the top edge of the map (The upper path looking over the pod next to the 2 stack orange containers) and then do something with those 2 rails running over the top of the map some half the useless novas I seem to get stuck with don't spend 90% of their time sat up there like a bloody monkey only ever coming down when enemies drop mods.

I agree to you in that point. But for some people it's just good old memories like for me.
The new Xini hasnt Changed at all, the only thing they did is putting in more spots where you're simply invincible. 

Of course new things should come to daylight but i simply dont see any reason at all to remove maps, without 

at least asking the community.

No we shouldn't.

Xini was such a flawed, poorly designed map that required ZERO effort to run for mods, resources, levels.

There's a reason it was so popular, when you could play it blindfolded with lvl 0 gear because all of the enemies appeared at one side of the map while you're perfectly safe sitting at the back pressing 4 and blind firing into hordes of melee restricted infested.

There's rarely a time where one needs to give the single slightest damn about ever being damaged since all of the enemies completely ignored you if you stood at the back (Where most people did).

Hell... it's not that much better now but at least they removed some of the spots where you can just sit and derp your way through 30+waves.

I hope they allow the infested to jump on top of the containers on the rails at the top edge of the map (The upper path looking over the pod next to the 2 stack orange containers) and then do something with those 2 rails running over the top of the map some half the useless novas I seem to get stuck with don't spend 90% of their time sat up there like a bloody monkey only ever coming down when enemies drop mods.

That's not the Xini OP's talking about. He means the super old closed beta tile which was a rectangular room with multiple entrances around it and the pod in the centre. One of the large Corpus ship tiles is based on this old design, but is not specific to defense anymore.

It is the corpus ship infested defense which no longer has a home on the starmap T_T  because yolo no reason.

They use the same map for corpus ship interception and on occasion you can find an invasion mission that is exactly like the old xini (except there are idiot NPCs in there too).

Twas a fine map...