Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Renewal

darthdart

Question

Picked up my Oberon again and was looking at his abilities.

Is it better to heal hp immediately with duration, or is it better for a slow regen without duration?

I love Fleeting Expertise but this skill is making me question having it on alongside Renewal.

The wiki says the instant heal can waste the energy you used to cast it since it would heal them and then they could get hit immediately after and lose hp, and the slow regen could keep working while they take hits to replenish that loss of hp slowly, but it is way way slower.

So burst hp and hope people can gtfo on their own or slow regen for continuous hp over a very slow time?

Either way, Fleeting Expertise messes with Hallowed Ground, so after I decide which is better for Renewal, I gotta deal with Hallowed Ground not liking Fleeting Expertise.

I hate that I can't have all skills on Oberon and have all of them at a decent controlled stopping point.

One of them is always getting the shaft whether it's duration, power, or efficiency. Ugh.

5 answers to this question

I usually just continually spam renewal again and again for it's initial heal. I don't think the energy drain for it's regeneration is affected fleeting/streamline, so I'd think it's better just to spam it. It might be faster and more energy efficient just to spam it.

If you're going for reckoning spam, Hollowed is a dead ability, only useful as a debuff counter. It sucks that you'd have to sacrifice it.

Instant heal with Reckoning and Natural Talent.

Delayed heal with HG and Narrow Minded.

Keep in mind that having Renewal running while you're taking health damage will prevent energy gain from the Rage mod. So it's often better to cancel the effect and recast if you're low on energy.

I decided against fleeting because it screws hallowed too much. Here is the build I'm aiming for with Oberon http://goo.gl/J1mVuJ .  Overextended makes Reckoning and Hallowed nice and big. I put intensify in there to counter Overextended for Renewal. IMO the damage on Reckoning and Hallowed isn't important in later games because it's not going to be enough to do real damage anyway. The procs(and protection from them) are far more important. Renewal with this setup still gives nearly 370 health which is fine for most frames and does it in the default 10 seconds. 

I did struggle a bit in deciding about the heal strength of Renewal but in the end I decided that it's more of a utility skill for him. His primary role is not healing, that's what Trinity is for. 

Edited by Acebaur

Nice build for what you are going with. I prefer NT overextend, but that's just me.

Yeah, for defense missions you could drop Rush for NT, as you won't be running around much. I think rush is essential for survival though and I don't feel his animations are particularly long so that's why I left it off.

Edited by Acebaur