Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Worth Farming For Resources To Stockpile?

UnknownBlademaster

Question

I mean, I'm addicted to this game. 406 hours over 1.5 months of time (approaching that legendary 420!), and I still haven't felt bored of this game. It's awesome.

But, looking through my resources I realized that I have literally no O cells, Neurodes, Neurals, PBundles and Salvage, and seeing that I have a Nekros built specifically for farming, I though - would it be worth to just farm up as many of all these resources as I can over a couple days or just keep on going how I'm used to - whenever I need that resource, I get it just so I could build the item.

Also, I was wondering about Nekros's Desecrate lately - it seems that it's not guaranteed to Desecrate (I mean, I see corpses in front of me, I use Desecrate and most of the time the first 1 or 2 Desecrates the bodies remain untouched (no animation on the bodies or anything), and then some more Desecrates later they actually disappear and spawn additional loot). Is this intentional or a bug? I started seeing this appear a couple days back.

13 answers to this question

Yes, hoarding all of the resources you can is worth it. You never know, when DE decides to add a mastery feeder requiring 10 NS or some primes, 10 OC each.

As for Desacate, it seems like it has a limit of how many corpses it can desacrate at once.

well i got 250 hours played and i don't even have where to spend materials anymore except for formas/and materials required to build them

unless u were afking in those 400 hours u should be close to those numbers too

majority of the stuff u mentioned is obtained via bosses (efficient way)

so salad v and  lephantis farm    and necro is not really needed for them 

Definitely worth stacking up all the rare resources you can. That way when you come to build something, say a new item that's released, you won't have to go grind the resources first before you can build them. Neurodes, orokin cells and neural sensors are the prime culprits when it comes to that, I find. Fieldrons and mutagen masses to a lesser extent., but you can always manufacture those.

well i got 250 hours played and i don't even have where to spend materials anymore except for formas/and materials required to build them

That... doesn't really make any sense. Everyone plays the game at a different pace.

if you have the best places to farm for rare resources unlocked i recommend you get a resource booster (maybe even a +chance) and go at it with nekros for a couple of days. i did this once and never had to farm for resource again (except for argon and neural sensors) 

majority of the stuff u mentioned is obtained via bosses (efficient way)

so salad v and  lephantis farm    and necro is not really needed for them 

I have only a couple weapons and frames left to build, most of them are either clan tech or very hard ones to get like Rhino P or Braton P.

And as far as resource farming goes - Salad V is out of question since 14.2 or 14.3 if I'm correct, he barely drops Neurals now, so I farm DS for increased resource drop rates very efficiently, and Lephantis needs an hour to craft the key and takes a while to kill due to his invulnerability modes.

Also, I'm the top donator of my clan and alliance. I'll never forget the reaction of my clan leader when I donated 1.2mil Nano Spores... :D

Intentional. Desecrate has a x% chance of desecrating an enemy. Max out desecrate and it is 90% technically. Not a bug though

K, that explains that.

Extractors. It pays in the long run.

Personally I had a pretty bad experience with Extractors - they would always bring me M or F samples...

if you have the best places to farm for rare resources unlocked i recommend you get a resource booster (maybe even a +chance) and go at it with nekros for a couple of days. i did this once and never had to farm for resource again (except for argon and neural sensors) 

You know, I might just do that. I have several thousand Plat lying around since I sold some of my maxed Serrations and Heavy Calibers :D

I have only a couple weapons and frames left to build, most of them are either clan tech or very hard ones to get like Rhino P or Braton P.

And as far as resource farming goes - Salad V is out of question since 14.2 or 14.3 if I'm correct, he barely drops Neurals now, so I farm DS for increased resource drop rates very efficiently, and Lephantis needs an hour to craft the key and takes a while to kill due to his invulnerability modes.

Also, I'm the top donator of my clan and alliance. I'll never forget the reaction of my clan leader when I donated 1.2mil Nano Spores... :D

K, that explains that.

Personally I had a pretty bad experience with Extractors - they would always bring me M or F samples...

well u can always find ppls hosting ODA runs in recruitment channel so technicly u can do lephantis all day long (thats what i do when i need more ocells and neurode)  and kills is prettyfast if u run 4 man team with 1 or 2 rhinos in it with acording gear 

idk if salad drop rates was nerfed im still having aprox 30+ neural sensors that i can't even use   but yeah dark sectors might be viable way to farm them too if the taxes aren't too high 

Depends. As a long time, mastery rank 17 player I can tell you that I have enough ressources for everything that could come up in the

next 5 years. I have literally thousands (at least 2000+) of any rare ressources and I seriously thought about buying a planet as a storage

for my common/uncommon ressources. So, if you like to build new things fast after release...yeah - do it. But you will end up with more S#&$ than you can ever spend.

Desecrate:

• Grants a 30% / 40% / 50% / 60% chance at getting a health orb. If successful, then there is a 75% / 80% / 85% / 90% chance to roll the enemy's drop table again.
    • These percentages are not affected by Power Strength.
    • This includes mods, resources, ammo, energy orbs, Oberon blueprints, Beacons, and Life Support (in Survival mission).
  • Sometimes corpses drop nothing at all because the enemy's loot table includes a chance to drop nothing, or due to lag where the corpse has already disappeared for the host.
  • Successfully desecrated corpses will glow with the chosen energy color and turn into smoke that fades away; whereas unsuccessfully desecrated corpses will show sparkles above them.
  • Without a physical corpse on the floor in the powers range, the ability will not be cast, use no energy and will state "invalid target".
    • Affects enemies being vaporized as long as the skill is cast before they fully disappear.
    • Affects enemies vaporized by Nova's Molecular Prime even after the corpses have disappeared. When the ability is cast, the corpses appear and disappear quickly.
    • It can be difficult to find corpses consistently when playing with well equipped players as many corpses vaporize as a result of various elemental and ability effects.
    • Enemies that explode on death, such as any Corpus Osprey (or a Volatile Runner exploding if not killed quickly), are not affected by desecrate, as they have no corpses.
  • Works on shadow version corpses from Shadows Of The Dead, but they will only yield health orbs because they have no normal drop table.
  • Can be cast on the same corpse multiple times, but if it yields loot, the corpse will disintegrate.
  • Bodies that are cut in half by Slash Damage are treated as two distinct corpses, each with its own chance to yield additional loot.
  • Most useful in Survival missions, due to large amount of enemies and the need for constant movement.
  • Can be used on dead faction allies in Invasion yielding drops from its normal drop table.
  • Can be used on the corpses of The Grustrag Three currently as of  Update 12.
  • Can be used on Eximus enemy corpses as well, providing another chance to drop Oberon part blueprints.
  • Grants minor Conclave rating of 1 at all levels.
  • Can be used on Captain Vor (Corrupted)'s corpse but he has a chance of leaving his dead body on the ground.
Edited by Cryp2Nite

They act more as a supplement rather than something to be dependent on. This is especially true if you're expecting to get rare resources out of them (you won't or at least not often).

Resources like Polymer bundles and Salvage on the other hand are far more reliable. In fact, I have found Uranus and Mercury especially useful for the extractor to gather Polymer bundles and Jupiter would be a good place for Salvage (and maybe the occasional once in a blue moon neural).

Even if you can only retrieve your extractors twice a day or even once a day, you're looking at 150-300 Polymer a day (double that if you deploy it on both Uranus and Mercury). That doesn't sound like much, but remember it's a supplement so it will add up quite nicely if its done on a consistent basis.

I've been able to sit on 100k+ Polymers myself for months strictly from my extractors.

They act more as a supplement rather than something to be dependent on. This is especially true if you're expecting to get rare resources out of them (you won't or at least not often).

Resources like Polymer bundles and Salvage on the other hand are far more reliable. In fact, I have found Uranus and Mercury especially useful for the extractor to gather Polymer bundles and Jupiter would be a good place for Salvage (and maybe the occasional once in a blue moon neural).

Even if you can only retrieve your extractors twice a day or even once a day, you're looking at 150-300 Polymer a day (double that if you deploy it on both Uranus and Mercury). That doesn't sound like much, but remember it's a supplement so it will add up quite nicely if its done on a consistent basis.

I've been able to sit on 100k+ Polymers myself for months strictly from my extractors.

Totally agree with the supplement part.

Although I don't depend on them solely for resources (if I really need some badly, I go on missions and crack all cabinets with Master Thief), I usually put one on each planet with NS, N, and OC. Though it yields the useless mats (fieldron sample etc) some times, the regular mats won't hurt, and occasionally, we get 4x NS/N/OC. Even if you just swap your extractors once a day when you log in, you WILL get something useful in the long run. It is a small bonus for very little extra work (just build 2x the number of extractors you can deploy and swap them when you log in)