De Don't Turn This Into Some Kind Of Mmo Please.

LMjai

This is a game about overpowered space ninjas killing stuff. I like to solo rush missions, I like to exploit stuff like the mirage+angstrum automatic carpet bombing or the quick thinking-rage invincibility combo or the unlimited explosives etc; I like to join up with 3 clannies everyone take whatever the F*** they like and do 30-40 minutes of T4 mission.

If I want to play a balanced game and team up with 1 tank 1 healer 1 DD and 1 CC and go do a dungeon I'll just play wow or any of the other million of f2p mmos . I want this to be a game where I can do whatever I like (yay freedom).

If you think the end-game content is too weak then just add a super mega-boss-rush-mode or more of those tactical alerts with limited conclave instead of nerfing what we have so it will last longer. If I want a challenge I can take care of what stuff I equip and what missions I do. If I want to chill out kill some time I'll take the most op stuff I have and go easymode grind and/or go have some silly fun.

PS: I already play smite and aion (and soon archeage) I play this game for something different.

TLDR -> I don't like nerf.

If you want to just kill stuff, with no challange, take your Potatoes Boltor Prime and do a Mercury survival or something. Some people don't like overpowered items and/or having to handicape themselves for a challenge. And super boss rush mode is the stupidest idea I have seen so far, it just would't fit into Warframe.

Also, as TheErebus pointed out, how are a few nerfs going to change the genre of an entire game?

Edited by IceDragonofAmber

What does nerfs have to do with this?

All games are supposed to be somewhat balanced.

You never exclusively nerf or buff everything.

It is always a combination of nerfs and buff where needed.

That aside. No, I want a balanced game. I want a game where there is a combination of difficulty and easy mode.

If you want to permanently feel like a demi-god go to mercury with your 6 forma/potatoe'd boltor prime.

You're talking crazy OP.

I want a game where there is a combination of difficulty and easy mode.

This is what I meant. The title of the thread is not the best either but I can't change it anymore anyway.

I don't care about balance though I like some weapons being stronger than others as long as I can play whatever I want.

PS: Soma > boltor P

This is what I meant. The title of the thread is not the best either but I can't change it anymore anyway.

I don't care about balance though I like some weapons being stronger than others as long as I can play whatever I want.

PS: Soma > boltor P

You don't understand what balance means then...

Balance doesn't mean everything is 100% equal. It means out of the 100+ weapons you have you don't have 5 that obviously outclass literally everything else by miles. So what you are saying is that you do want balance.

If you want a combination of difficulty and easy mode then yeah, balance is exactly what you want.

/thread.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

You don't understand what balance means then...

Balance doesn't mean everything is 100% equal. It means out of the 100+ weapons you have you don't have 5 that obviously outclass literally everything else by miles. So what you are saying is that you do want balance.

If you want a combination of difficulty and easy mode then yeah, balance is exactly what you want.

/thread.

This game is just stupidly hard to balance. So many frames and weapons doing different things. Not to mention, the Tenno themselves are just overpowered in concept. They can take on an entire ship and leave without a scratch. Honestly, most of the recent changes to abilities were on the pvp end, because all that power creates competition, and that creates heated "discussion".

Also, it is the rate at which things are being changed. Why are Excalibur fans in rage? It isn't because of the ability entirely; it's the fact that he is the oldest frame, and I don't recall any changes to him up until now. Build up that expectation that nothing is going to change, and it derails like any hype train here when the opossite is presented. Loki fans, I feel, are going to get hit with the same train, because not much has changed in his abilities and they might get too comfortable with that.

This game is just stupidly hard to balance. So many frames and weapons doing different things. Not to mention, the Tenno themselves are just overpowered in concept. They can take on an entire ship and leave without a scratch. Honestly, most of the recent changes to abilities were on the pvp end, because all that power creates competition, and that creates heated "discussion".

Also, it is the rate at which things are being changed. Why are Excalibur fans in rage? It isn't because of the ability entirely; it's the fact that he is the oldest frame, and I don't recall any changes to him up until now. Build up that expectation that nothing is going to change, and it derails like any hype train here when the opossite is presented. Loki fans, I feel, are going to get hit with the same train, because not much has changed in his abilities and they might get too comfortable with that.

Oh I fully agree WF is very, very hard to balance for. But thats honestly a symptom of many problems, one of which being endless scaling.

By no means should the make everyone content with the entire game being easymode. 

The whole excal thing is another issue entirely I'm not even about to get into it. Been involved in enough threads about it as it.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

Oh I fully agree WF is very, very hard to balance for. But thats honestly a symptom of many problems, one of which being endless scaling.

By no means should the make everyone content with the entire game being easymode. 

The whole excal thing is another issue entirely I'm not even about to get into it. Been involved in enough threads about it as it.

I'm trying to avoid dragging that topic along, but it was a the best example.

I see this thread and the original post. I give up. The community is driven by the survival/defense meta.

And this is the LARGEST ISSUE. What do people build for? A mission where you either have to avoid the most bullets or resist/heal from the most damage. Nothing else. Imagine an endgame-like mission for rescue or exterminate with higher stakes; you'd see much more variety.

And this is the LARGEST ISSUE. What do people build for? A mission where you either have to avoid the most bullets or resist/heal from the most damage. Nothing else. Imagine an endgame-like mission for rescue or exterminate with higher stakes; you'd see much more variety.

The introduction of Tactical alerts does show that DE is indeed working on alternative routes for their players to strive for, so there is still some hope in that regard.

Very much so, but who knows how spaced out they will be, compaired to easily accessible T4 Defense. What I am thinking is gamemodes with higher stakes. Enemies that deal more damage and have more health is suitable for survival/defense, since it is all about staying alive.

But exterminates could have a stealth requirment, or enemies can have a beacon going off when life signs are absent (hard to work with considering spawn rates, but an idea).

Deception could have a time limit beacause you have to divert the ship from attacking ally supply depots. A need to get from a to b more than clearing the room opens oppertunities for mobility builds (using rush and quick rest to help.)

Sabatoage has a hint, hull integrity is compromised when the core is destroyed.

Heck, why not have a mission that is solo only? Drastic, but an idea.

What I am saying is we need more variety for our endgame. We need to allow to vetrans test their cunning, rather than just their strength.

This is a game about overpowered space ninjas killing stuff. I like to solo rush missions, I like to exploit stuff like the mirage+angstrum automatic carpet bombing or the quick thinking-rage invincibility combo or the unlimited explosives etc; I like to join up with 3 clannies everyone take whatever the F*** they like and do 30-40 minutes of T4 mission.

If I want to play a balanced game and team up with 1 tank 1 healer 1 DD and 1 CC and go do a dungeon I'll just play wow or any of the other million of f2p mmos .

Dafuq.

Also this game, by definition, is basically a MMO. You're playing with thousands of other players in a world that continues to evolve, are you not?

Too late.  This game is an MMO.

I thought it already was an MMO.  THE BEST.

Dafuq.

Also this game, by definition, is basically a MMO. You're playing with thousands of other players in a world that continues to evolve, are you not?

It's a pseudo-mmo at best.

MMOs generally will have massive worlds with players constantly in your view.

I thought it already was an MMO.

Me too...  I don't get it.  What is OP trying to say?  This game can support massive amounts of players on its servers...  I mean the in-game connections aren't but you can still get into those games with anyone else at any time...  Does that not constitute an MMO?

I understand nothing; what is my life?  Praise the Nidhogg.

Me too...  I don't get it.  What is OP trying to say?  This game can support massive amounts of players on its servers...  I mean the in-game connections aren't but you can still get into those games with anyone else at any time...  Does that not constitute an MMO?

Then by this logic CoD is an MMO too.