Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Captain Vor Lv 41 In Mercury.

Darkness-Neosphere

This happened to me a lot when I started playing.  I rarely actually "fought" any boss, because higher level people would be present and I couldn't effectively damage the boss.  It became a game of "try not to die while the high level people trounce the boss in two seconds and fly away, coptering & butt-sliding to the exit faster than you ever could."

This was an issue for me the other day too, introduced a friend to the game recently and wanted to help him start out. I had only just bought the MK1 gear to do for mastery too, all of it low rank so what could possibly go wrong? My level 30 frame alone managed to skill the bossed to ludicrous levels, I know it's a level 30 frame and all but it meant even while doing the same damage as my new friend, I was only having the opposite effect when trying to help my friend.

I realise why this system is in place but currently its far too troublesome IMO. Tried to do jackal with my rank 15 nukor and rank 30 frame after that, my newbie friend having about level 15 in all his gear and jackal was level 45 iirc. Currently best way for me to help my friend do bosses is to just not join him, terrible situation to have IMO.

I'd say bosses need to scale to either something approximating the average conclave rating of the group, or the lowest conclave rating. The lowest thing should probably not be the answer because then you may have groups taking 1 lowbie to make the boss easier.

I'd say bosses need to scale to either something approximating the average conclave rating of the group, or the lowest conclave rating. The lowest thing should probably not be the answer because then you may have groups taking 1 lowbie to make the boss easier.

Agree with this, we need some new form of balancing these powers. A higher level player shouldn't be punished for helping out a lower level friend. I can understand that its bad if a high level player goes into a pubby match with 3 new players and basically skips the content for them but when a friend willingly accepts the help, particularly if the higher level player brings lower level weapons, it shouldnt scale so much.

The issue with conclave is how much conclave rating abilities give, this is something I think should be looked at for some frames honestly. Some abilities certainly do deserve it, a high level player could nuke all newbie content with mprime and rank 0 weapons. In contrast however I think invis possibly shouldnt suffer as much as it does no direct damage. And heres the issue, PVP would argue heavily about the invis, we need a seperate pve rating system to conclave if its intended for scaling means.

In all honesty, I reckon i could have taken an unranked frame and a boltor prime to those vor and jackle fights and they would have been far easier because of it but because of ability conclave rating the bosses scaled ridiculous despite us not having that damage capability.

Weapons need more prominence in conclave rating over frame abilities unless it really is a nuke ability I think.

This happened to me a lot when I started playing.  I rarely actually "fought" any boss, because higher level people would be present and I couldn't effectively damage the boss.  It became a game of "try not to die while the high level people trounce the boss in two seconds and fly away, coptering & butt-sliding to the exit faster than you ever could."

OMG...this was so me!

I believe DE implemented a matchmaking system to where new players join up with each other in Mercury. However if there are no other new players, they'll instead get joined up by higher levels who just straight up destroy the boss before the new player can enjoy fighting him.

There needs to be a filter of some sort. Have new players CHOOSE to either open their game for the full public, or restrict it to mastery ranks. 1-3 mastery rank. 4-6 mastery rank. 7-9, etc.

• 1 month later...

There needs to be a filter of some sort. Have new players CHOOSE to either open their game for the full public, or restrict it to mastery ranks. 1-3 mastery rank. 4-6 mastery rank. 7-9, etc.

The flaw I see with that is that higher mastery players may not bring high level weaponry and frames, but may be forced into games with higher mastery rank players.  I think it would be better to keep it as is, where it bases it on your conclave, but when there is such a disparity between ratings, scaling the boss to the average of the high and the low, which will still provide a challenge for the lower, and be easier for the higher player.

Well as it has been said already.

Simply buy a MK1 weapon loadout to help your friend wont cut it. And even if you disarm everything it wont do him no good.
Just damages the image of the game he gets if he wants to play with his friends.

In my opinion DE should act asap because 2 of my friends already lost interest in this game just because of this scaling issue here.