Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Old Music Styles Being Phased Out?

Centurus

I noticed that with the advent of adaptive music, the styles of the background music have veered slightly towards the standard, and are losing the slightly odd tribal identity that the previous drum-based Eastern-ish music had. Will there be efforts to reintroduce that sort of musical feel to the game's soundtrack?

I don't mind that, it's just I don't really want to see the "old style music" completely phased out. As it stands, the music only plays in the Void right now, the music of which they're going to change.

The music was pretty unique when it's juxtaposed with the setting; you've got a mix of the old fashioned and the futuristic. Contrast that with the music that plays during Corpus missions, which though fitting, isn't anything particularly stand-out, being tunes created out of synth sounds.

There will definitely be some music that will be reminiscent of the drumming that used to be in the game.  

Okay okay, but the real question us veterans ask to you is : are previous songs coming back revamped with a dynamic approach too?

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

*slaughter 9 chickens in front of my laptop while doing mantra*

Edit : new content is great, but new content added to old removed content is even better. (I'm also referring to grineer sawmen, pre-mission dioramas & charge attacks. Why trash it completely?)

"Why.... can't we have both? ... Just for more variety?"   

- Medusalem,September 2014

Edited by unknow99

The Yakudo drumming was something that drew me in to 'Warframe' way back in 2004. I've been hoping for more music in that vein for a long time and while I like the new styles I think it'd be a real loss to ignore that sound from the roots of the game.

I'm glad to hear you're still planning on releasing some themes involving the Yakudo style in the future :)

I think the best way to reintroduce is when a Tenno gets a high combo count, or if all four Tenno's are taking on enemies at once thus starting some kind of "Epic Tenno Theme" Every game has an epic theme they play when something amazing is happening. Whether its the Gundam Dynasty Warriors 3 theme that plays when your just rocking our mass killing everything on the screen like its a friggin party, or that part where your climbing the incredibly high ladder in Metal Gear Solid 3 where they play the games theme...

Seriously the Tenno need an epic theme to pump the player up in mid battle, or when doing something epic, or leading up to something BIG(like in MGS 3... Like an elevator that goes on forever LOL...)

they arent gonna take the drum theme away Im sure
but before it was pretty much all you used to hear and atleast I was growing pretty tired of it

the new soundtrack is working fantastic I really like the "corpus theme" gives me sort off mass effect vibes I love it
even more versatility in soundtrack would be appreciated

The Yakudo drumming was something that drew me in to 'Warframe' way back in 2004. I've been hoping for more music in that vein for a long time and while I like the new styles I think it'd be a real loss to ignore that sound from the roots of the game.

I'm glad to hear you're still planning on releasing some themes involving the Yakudo style in the future :)

Yeah, the art style of the frames, not something seen a lot, with the drums, also something not heard a lot, create an excellent combination that was very unique. A space game with bio-armor and some Japanese drumming? Count me in.  I didnt care that it was the same drumming all over the place because it was still unique. When i heard those drums while in a stage i knew something was going to go down. I was trained by the drumming and it became an actual part of the game.

Now with the more generic stuff i completely tune it out. I think i can pick one song if you play a bunch of stuff together and have me pick out the Warframe soundtrack. And that's because i happen to remember the very second song added to the game. With the rest it just got more video game generic and i have just phased it out when playing.

I think if they really want something to stick out they really need to turn it to eleven when created styles for each faction. The Corpus being all mechanical should have a soundtrack that sounds like i game straight from a computer, just a bunch of beep-beep boop-boop boop bup! And the Grineer should some songs that are actually just a bunch of grunts. Like a group of them got together and tried to imitate instruments. Like that throat singing type of stuff.

They gotta go all out! When i step into a grineer mission i should feel like i am in some completely different world.