Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There A Faster Way To Download Warframe Pc?

islander_feliixx

Question

I have a new laptop and I've been trying to download the updates, but starting fresh takes ages. Worst of all, the downloaded data does not seem to save, because every time there is an interruption it starts back from 0kb. It is downloading decently at about 80kb/s, but it is still taking too long. Is there a way to either download all the data seperately or at least a way for the data already downloaded to save and continue after interruptions?

5 answers to this question

download the game off steam, which should be able to resume after a fubar.

but you need a better network connection... its not *that* big and you should never have connection drops / resets; something is wrong with your setup.   I say that as a wired user --- there is a time and a place for wireless, but many wireless setups are unusable for gaming, people discon & glitch too much if the user/administrator is not knowledgable about making it work and even then it can be a royal pain. 

Edited by jonnin

You can download the game on other PC with better connection, copy the game folder on a flash drive and replace the folder on your laptop with it.

Also: Steam downloades pretty much only the launcher and basic game files, you'll need to download a large portion of updates via launcher after that. It's better to download it on another computer, run the launcher to patch it and copy these files.

Edited by Angius

Turn off "Bulk Download" in the launcher. This will make the launcher download the files separately rather than all together.

If you're still having trouble, let me know and I could probably set up a torrent to host the game's files. My upload speed isn't the fastest, but it should be able to finish after about 5 or so hours.

As others have said, Steam may be a good alternative, however you'll still have to download large update files.

[size=2]On the topic of torrents it might actually be a good idea to have a sort of frequently updated list of torrents which would cover recent major patches[/size]

I just turned off the bulk download. This seems to work faster, although I'm not sure if the reseting will continue upon interruptions. It might not actually be starting fresh, bc the loading bar is a bit ahead (although i cannot say for certain).

I might have to find someone with the files and replace them like mentioned above. 

I'll ask for the torrent if the problem persists. Thank you guys! I can't wait to rejoin Warframe *-* i miss my baby EP :0