Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Running To The Teacher, Isn't Going To Help You...

Semshol

Okay /general/, story time.

> Be you. Normal player, happy to be breathing.

> Visit Sechura, all-day erryday, continue to breathe.

> Get credits, xp, love, and respect of your fellow pros for doing 5 waves and then exiting.

> Everyone does 5 waves and exits.

> Laugh at the scrubs doing Void for credits, going to Void Defense for XP.

> "Sechura is best chura, learn to play!"

> Alliances come in.

> 75% taxes all up in dis bidness

> Suddenly become poor.

> Rage.

> Forums.

> Rage.

> Ask DE to 'nerf taxes plz'

> Sit on chair and rage while drinking mountain dew.

Edit: Now even more like 4chan, but got lazy halfway because I'm lazy as hell.

Well well...seems like the tables have TURNED haven't they. I remember when my advice of farming voids for credits used to be invalidated by everyone going, OMG, SECHURA, BEST CHURA.

Now you have no Sechura and have no idea what to do. I'm going to help you, I'm actually going to do that because really, what do you want DE to do?

Take away the rights of alliances and other players just because you can't have your credits? That ain't going to happen.

Remember back in school? There used to be a bully who took things from you everyday. You then ran to the teacher and the teacher gave the bully a warning and he just kept on bullying you anyway. Guess what, running to the teacher (DE), ain't gonna help ya.

So how do you survive now without sechura?

- 1 T1 Capture with a full squad nets you about 13k and takes a minute to finish if you're a full rushing team. In the time it takes to do 5 waves on Sechura, you will have finished 3 of these (5 waves = about 4.5 minutes). Total income: 36k credits.

- But WAIT! There's more! *Gasp* You can actually do T2, T3, even T4! All of which gets you...*dun dun dun* EVEN MORE CREDITS and it takes, *dun dun dun* the exact same time to complete assuming your weapons aren't terrible.

"But Semshol-sama, what about our resources desuka?" Is what I hear you ask. Well:

- First, I need you to look at me. LOOK at me. I'm the Captain now...

- Next, I need you to do me a little favour. It's called 50 waves on ODD, just bring a Vauban and 3 players who are hobbling along on crutches. You'll get your O-cells and Neurodes. I run in a team of 3 with MR5 players, 50 waves is easy-peasy (I'm the Vauban with the Quanta :D). OH btw, you also get XP and mastery points. Want to see your weapon go from 0 - 16 in one run without boosters? Well look no further and it only costs you one easy payment of FREE.

- Okay, but what about the neural sensors? Well, there is no easy solution for this...I'm afraid to say. There simply is no solution at all. Except well y'know, you could just actually run Jupiter. Bring a V-ban, do around 40 - 50 waves. If you get 8 neural sensors, 2 will be taken by the alliance with the ridiculous resource tax, but you still keep 6. Would you like to have 6 or 0? Your choice. Or...kill Salad V until your fingers are numb...I repeat, your choice ^^

Bonus Points: Actually bring a Nekros Bone-daddy along when doing these craaaazy waves. Double your drops by breathing. What a deal!

Okay, so you still hate these solutions right?

- Viva la Revolution. YOU organize an alliance, YOU fight for the nodes, YOU build the rails, YOU set the 0% taxes. Good luck Tenno, we'll prepare the reinforcements for you. Too lazy? Then follow my solutions and stop complaining about taxes.

not sure if this guy is trolling or being helpfull >_> (like seriously, hes pulling a trollception)

YES! you can do things to get your resources/xp with the state of the game as it is, this makes dark sectors useless to players.

point 1, most people get gliched out and cant get the massive battle pay from conflicts( i havent run a sucsessfull dark sector conflict due to whatever error or exploit of the day ice or one of  the other jackalope troll clans are pulling)

point 2. well if theres no pay, no res for your trouble why not XP for dark sectors right? wrong. As the troll/not troll states, there are places you dont have to get raped on taxes for AND get xp.

So... if this guy is really part of a clan wouldnt the statement at the end of the day be "why dark sectors?". other than the advice on where to farm for your stuff its the most constructive message im going to take from his statements. because the situation right now as it stands there is no freaking point to EVER run them untill troll clans drop them and your out of void keys. so yeah. i just think this guy is a jackalope for saying that telling DE there is a problem is like taddling when he thinks no problem exists. this game is for the better and the game it is today now FROM PLAYER FEEDBACK.  imo dark sectors as a whole, need to be re-worked. why promote a feature if most people wont use it other than trolls? i may be saying it now but im sure im not the only person that thinks in general dark sectors have very limited uses. if lead to any desire to want to keep using them.... //endminirantofdoom

Yeah I'm in ICE, since my clan joined it. They're actually pretty normal people just so you know. We're not plotting warframe's destruction every second of the day. It's kinda like /b/ except without the gore and unmentionables.

Basicly you are just part of big alliance no more ,I 've no idea why you started this thread you are just throwing yourself like meat to lion cage

It's actually the problem with Conflicts, as they're so much bandaid that the game hasn't seen that much yet. They're terribly designed and blatantly made for defenders to win easily, as attackers really have it hard way. 

And don't even get me started on design of the gamemode, that makes it annoying and not fun to play at all. It favours some configs, well, it's a typical practice from DE. They're not fun to play and they don't encourage interested players to try to change something in their favour. Also the PVP promotes exploiting it's bugs and design holes.

Edited by Filas312

It's actually the problem with Conflicts, as they're so much bandaid that the game hasn't seen that much yet. They're terribly designed and blatantly made for defenders to win easily, as attackers really have it hard way. 

And don't even get me started on design of the gamemode, that makes it annoying and not fun to play at all. It favours some configs, well, it's a typical practice from DE. They're not fun to play and they don't encourage interested players to try to change something in their favour. Also the PVP promotes exploiting it's bugs and design holes.

So like MOBAs?

Fact is that it behaves effectively as a Cartel, and it is killing the fun of the only sectors running PvP.

And PvP is where the late-game and high-level player base is retained. 

So, it is hurting the game. Doesn't matter if it is malice or selfishnessness/greedyness of the clans dominating it.

DE is who sets the rules, and if the game has rules being abused, it has shown it is not afraid to swing the nerfhammer to bring more balance to things. 

To have Conflicts and plain DS missions more accessible/competitive/fun to the whole player base, it needs adjustments.

So like MOBAs?

Then I am glad I avoid MOBAs, if they're designed all around glitching and exploiting something until it gets patched/fixed, or finding holes to just abuse them. For example, the fact, that the unlock order is influenced by the order you put the slots in. I guess this was not a design, as it really is matter of who has noticed the fact and who hasn't. And I don't really think that game-wide feature should be designed around kicking in the &#! the ones who haven't just got time to read about it or notice some strange solutions that are inside.

Also the number of tickets is a real laugh.

Edited by Filas312

Then I am glad I avoid MOBAs, if they're designed all around glitching and exploiting something until it gets patched/fixed, or finding holes to just abuse them. For example, the fact, that the unlock order is influenced by the order you put the slots in. I guess this was not a design, as it really is matter of who has noticed the fact and who hasn't. And I don't really think that game-wide feature should be designed around kicking in the @$$ the ones who haven't just got time to read about it or notice some strange solutions that are inside.

Also the number of tickets is a real laugh.

You don't design it around that. :|

That's just what happens. It doesn't change the fact they are highly competitive and most importantly, fun.  Balance change happens. Strength of hero/frames move around and people that want to win play the strongest available at the time. Welcome to Meta gaming and winning. 

If only those in WF were fun, instead of getting raeped from behind a wall just because a player could see and you couldn't. 

Bad design, man.

And I don't actually despise "the best builds", but it should be noted *somewhere*, I mean, the mechanics, right? 

I wish that DE fixed more content before putting this badly taped 'pvp' inside. 

Edited by Filas312

If only those in WF were fun, instead of getting raeped from behind a wall just because a player could see and you couldn't. 

Bad design, man.

And I don't actually despise "the best builds", but it should be noted *somewhere*, I mean, the mechanics, right? 

I wish that DE fixed more content before putting this badly taped 'pvp' inside. 

That...happens in MOBAs as well...It's not bad design. We could get into what is 'bad design' but I don't want to hijack the thread. And I'm playing Destiny.

The mechanics are somewhat mentioned. But you are suppose to do some exploring and learning and that's where the fun (metagaming) comes in. They'll constantly be tweaking and adding new content to DS.

First they should give us something like a real server hosting, as right now we don't even know who hosts, and how it is chosen. It is bad design if it can't be countered not because of lack of skill, but because of some mechanics that just aren't to be countered.

But yes, I should stop hijacking the thread.

I assume that if the PvP were to be more fun, more rewarding and handled better then we would have more interesting DS situation, as players wouldn't have to force themselves to fight for something that they won't even get awarded for, in a badly designed gamemode.

Edited by Filas312

I'm seriously curious on a few things.

1)What benefit does this serve the clan/alliance to take any amount 75% of credits earned from dark sectors?

2)Does the money earned actually go into a player's credit pool or does it stay in the vault? (after a conflict or squad completes a mission)

3)Is it possible for a clan member to attack his own solar rail? If so why is that allowed? If not can they quit their clan and attack their own rail?

4)Do you think we should go back to the original Dark Sector missions where you had to fight an AI version of players with their builds?

Credits are for ranking mods, and building stuff.

DE says, want it faster, then pay Plat.

Why would DE nerf their own income by giving you easier access to credits?

They won't.  Do as this man says, farm your creds elsewhere, stop asking for ways to circumvent DE's income stream.

I laughed at the part where you implied people spent plat on credits.