September 12Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

September 12th Community Hot Topics  

2,270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We’re back, at last, with another Community Hot Topics! I appreciate your patience; I’ve been all over the place (literally and figuratively) the past month. But, we have a lot of important community topics to discuss, so lets get to it, starting with some Excalibur threads!

EXCALIBUR

Excalibur is such a hot topic right now that we could probably calls this “Community Hot Topics: Excalibur Edition”. Players have been asking for an Excalibur update for awhile (at least since the Warframe rebalances first started), so the recent hotfix changes has some players wondering what to expect with our iconic Warframe. Many other players are voicing their opinion and desires for what should be changed with Excalibur. If you play on PS4 or Xbox and did not experience the changes that were live for just about 24 hours on PC, you likely still had a reaction to what you saw. 

tocorro started a hot thread with a poll to see how players feel about the recent, unintended, leaked, experimental changes. I’ve included a poll above that is similar to tocorro’s so we can see the results and compare the two polls. 

In previous Community Hot Topics, players voted on which of Oberon’s abilities they thought were in need of a rework. Since then, we’ve seen a complete overhaul of Oberon’s skill set. Please, vote in poll to voice your opinion on which of Excalibur’s abilities are the most in need of revision. 

Assuming you would like to see some of Excalibur’s abilities revised, I’ve include polls for each of his abilities to help narrow down what players think each ability needs and/or should focus on.   farkle776 posted a hot thread with some suggestions on how to improve Slash Dash by scaling it with abilities. I’ve included farkle776’s suggestion in the Slash Dash poll above. I’ve included an additional poll for Radial Blind to allow players to give a bit more feedback on how they feel about it. Many players have mentioned that Super Jump feels pretty underwhelming ever since Zephyr was released, so please, voice your opinion in the poll or post some comments in this thread. Currently, there is a lot more conversation about Excalibur’s Radial Blind than there is about his ultimate - Radial Javelin. The poll for Radial Javelin might need a follow up, if there is enough community interest. Check out .Zeva’s thread  (and several other threads) as well for more suggestions!

Please, continue the Excalibur discussions in the following threads:

Prime Accessories

Some topics have come up about prime accessories, so I’ve included a fairly open poll question to allow players to voice their general opinion on the subject. We can follow this topic more in the future, if there is enough community interest. 

Please, continue this discussion in the following threads:

Dark Sectors Conflicts

There are a lot of varying opinions about Dark Sector Conflicts (and PvP in general). Many suggestions revolve around balancing loadouts and/or only allowing preset loadouts. Some of the balance suggestions from the community would be worth exploring, but before we discuss specifics, please, vote in the polls to give your general opinion about Dark Sector Conflicts. Once we have a general sense of how the community feels, we can explore some more specific hot topics about PvP. 

DNA Stabilizers

Ever since the Kubrow were first hatched in U14, the DNA Stabilizers have been a contentious topic in the community. Since their implementation, the DNA Stabilizers have been changed many times, including a Credit cost decrease. How do you feel about them? Are Stabilizers “ok” the way they are currently implemented, or do they need a change?

Please, continue the discussion in this following thread:

MOD UI

When the diegetic UI was implemented, we had a Community Hot Topics poll to see how players felt about the change. Since then, the mod UI has been updated  as well, and the UI Feedback Subforum has a lot of hot topics about it. Several of the hot threads focus on the ease of identifying specific mods (a large list of threads can be found in the spoiler tag below). After spending some time with the new mod UI, are mods easy to find and identify? Do you enjoy the new aesthetic? Please, respond in the poll to voice your opinion and see how other players feel. 

What on earth could the additional effect for Super jump be guys?

The only things that would make it awsome 

> work like a double jump ( a platform spawns in fin air under excal)

OR

Super jump + melee

Super Jumping and pressing melee at the same time enables you to knock nearby enemies in the air ; close to you 

basically  for fighting game maniacs like myself , it would enable  be a "launch " attack. 

And still being in super jump , you could attack once or twice ( even more with builds , i'd say  up to 3 or 4 depending on weapon type. Galatine for instance wont hit as much as fang prime or Kogake)  with your melee weapon . At the end of the super jump , air physics go back to normal and meleeing in mid air = ground slam a  usual.

Forgive my spelling :)

Thoughts?

Edited by Deidaku

I have used Excalibur for a time, and I must say, Radial Blind was amazing... and the only thing I used on him. Radial Blind so nothing did anything ever.. and Slash Dash to get from place to place. That was it.

Now. I may not be the most veteran of Excalibur users out there, but I'm pretty confident I know where I'm coming from when it comes to usage of skills.

Radial Blind + Radial Javelin

I believe I saw someone mention this before, and I liked the idea, to be honest, this made the most sense to me.

Like Rhino, where his skilled were combined into what we now know as the Rhino Stomp, maybe we can do the same with Excalibur.

When Excalibur casts Radial Javelin (Which, in my honest opinion, needs a serious cast animation speed boost), the energy Skanas (or Skana Primes if you have that privilege) when they come into contact with an enemy or surface, should release a blinding light that blinds everyone around the impact of the energy Skanas.

This would give the radial blind effect which DE wanted. Blind no longer passing through obstacles at an astounding rate, but it will also have that chance of having Skanas blinding explosion blind enemies that were trying to hide behind covers and corners as well.

Think of it almost like the Glaive explosion. You throw that glaive at someone behind cover and detonate it, they shouldn't get hurt. Now when you throw that glaive farther past them and hit a surface behind them. BOOM. They die. Imagine the energy Skanas doing the same thing with the blinds, but with of course, a larger AoE than the glaives explosion would be needed to make the blinds sufficient.

Super Jump

Super Jump. I have used this skill. Once, and I hated it.

It seemed... like a waste of an ability to be honest. Want to get to a high ledge? Uhm.. I can parkour you know..? I really just never saw the need for it. It feels like it really needs.. something added onto it to make it worth having.

Here's a possible change to it, make it have a dual stage usage. When you use it on the ground, you'll leap high up into the air, like usual. When using it in the air with sufficient height, Excalibur should preform some kind of ground slam, that makes an AoE knock-down around the area. Possibly procing a small amount of blast damage so enemies around the landing spot fall over.

It could prove to be a skill to get to places, and a skill to use for a safe landing.

Slash Dash

I used this when I was brand new to the game for the first few hours I played (before I became a founder and  bought Ash *coughing intensifies*). When I first used it, I just spammed it back and forth for that cool, anime/manga like style back and forth slashing to kill off the lowly grineer in my path.. Few months go by, I pick up Excal again, dust him off, scoff, laugh, and used it forever since as a mobility skill.

That's the problem. Slash Dash really is only used to get from point A to point B, almost like Rhino charge.. if you even use Rhino charge.

Slash dash should be given some sort of bonus utility. It uses an Energy Skana.. perhaps let it increase the combo counter at an increased rate? Maybe proc bleeds? Increase with your melee weapons stats? Anything to give Slash Dash another use instead of a "get me here" skill would be great.

Way of the Tenno

So, what's this you might ask? Well. If Radial Blind and Radial Javelin do become a mixed ability, just like Rhino, he'd be stuck with three skills, and would be in need of another skill to fill in that gap.

So I present to you, Excalibur's new #3 skill. Way of the Tenno would be a buff for Excalibur's melee capabilities, as well as weapon swap and reload speed.

The melee aspect:

Excalibur channels his energy in such a way, that it decreases his energy efficiency cost for melee channeling strikes, as well as having each melee hit count as 2 hits towards the combo counter instead of 1. This should let Excalibur reach combo damage multipliers faster than other frames, as well as consuming less energy through channeling.

Or perhaps even negate energy consumption through channeling attacks, making Excalibur capable of using the added abilities of channeling.

This could possibly lead to builds where channeling with melee weapons becomes such a burden, that only Excalibur in his Way of the Tenno state could use it.

The Primary/Secondary aspect:

Since Excalibur becomes more focused, he becomes capable of switching between weapons more fluently, reloading with much more ease, as to always be able to keep on the offensive. This would let Excalibur move freely from Primary to Secondary weapons more quickly, to suit the current situation. Perhaps switching from a sniper rifle to a bronco, pistol, or other weapon to take care of an enemy that snuck up on you.

Should it be a party buff?

I would preferably say. No. At least to the melee buff. Buffing the teams ability to swap weapons and reload would be fine. Then again, not my place to decide. I'd be fine with it being a team buff. Makes me happy, and my team happy. Win Win.

Player Vs Player. Conclaves and Dark Sectors

Do I play PvP?

No.

Why don't I play PvP?

Because it is completely unbalanced.

Just. Stop for a moment, and think about it.

DE had made Warframe with the primary thought of PvE only. They had made these Warframes, with the sole idea of their skills being capable of turning the tide in battle in a PVE ENVIRONMENT!

What I'm getting to, is that there is so much unbalance in the game in terms of skills, that when you take a PVE game, and introduce PVP to it, IT BECOMES. A DIFFERENT. GAME.

Remember Ash? How everyone used to say he was the worst frame? I do. I had to listen to people like that since day one. What happens next? They buffed him, and people STILL CALLED HIM ONE OF THE WORST FRAMES.

What happens next? Dark Sector PvP comes out and ever since all I could hear is whine whine whine. Ash 2 OP. Ash 2 Broken.

See the problem yet? You take something that was perfectly fine in a PvE environment, toss it into a PvP environment, and everything gets flipped upside down on itself.

If PvP is to be made more "Balanced", then in all honesty, a LOT of the Tenno abilities just need to be removed entirely.

How do you fight against Tenno abilities that were made to change the tide of an entire battle that was made for a PvE environment?

If possible at all, PvP needs it's OWN mods and abilities. Make things fair for everyone. A completely new set of mods used specifically just for PvP, and ONLY PvP mods should be used in PvP.

No more bringing overpowered skills or gear. You have PvP mods just the same as everyone else. You use those now.

Well, that's about all I got for now. Hope my ideas are liked by at least some of the community.

Edited by Shuuro

In Regards to Dark Sector Conflicts

Please give players the option to support a side without fighting other players. This will help include all players, and not just PvP'ers.

In Regards to Kubrow and DNA Stabilizers

The cost isn't so bad, but please allow Ordis to automatically inject them if our Kubrow is about to die.

In Regards to the Mod UI

I don't feel as accomplished as I used to when I complete a mission. I only see 2 mods even though I picked up 20. I want to instantly see all the goodies I got, not have to scroll through an overly-compacted list. (same goes for resources) Maybe we could make it two pages and put player kill stats on page 2?

Edited by Archistopheles

Loving these polls, I hope they influence decision-making appropriately. The Silva & Aegis poll has yet to cause an effect.

I know we've gone past this bump in the road, but it's an important one to discuss.

It is extremely important to take into account an entire warframe's ability kit and the viability of each ability before any rebalancing is done. Yes Radial Blind is strong but his other three abilities aren't. I found it quite appalling that a nerf was planned, built, and distributed, yet buffs for Radial Javelin, Super Jump, and Slash Dash were not considered despite the urgency of these abilities to be remade.

I opt to suggest that whenever a similar situation happens again where a warframe is noticed to be cornered into using only one ability, take patience to check the rest of the forums about how the other abilities fare. As you do, leave the currently outstanding ability alone as you develop a patch that includes consideration for all four abilities.

For example, the Oberon rebalance was very successful because all four abilities were renovated, and Melee 2.0 was successful even though weapon speed and charge builds were nerfed, because in total, it was an overall improvement in the melee system. If changes were made in comprehensive blocks like this they would feel balanced and be readily accepted.

Edited by MechaKnight

Excalibur Super Jump

It should get the effect of the mod Heavy Impact when it hits the max level. 

(because....well because the mod shows an image with an excalibur using superjump....and heavy impact ist kinda useful to have but not useful enough to use a mod slot)

Scaling with Melee dmg:

Mhhh...It is an interesting idea (and i agree that the dmg should be a little bit "more" ), but now that every Excalibur uses an glowingenergysword-thingy for the 1st and 4th ability, it would be weird to scale it with the melee dmg of an other melee weapon....welll...i guess a spaceninja that can create an energy sword does need a lot of strength..nevermind...

Dark sector:

Mhhhh, still buttonsmashing...still a lot of high taxes (maybe a cap of 50%?) ....still some weird pvp issues (and the fact that i dont like pvp in warframe^^)  and still a lot of alliances who work with other alliances so nobody other can get the dark sector....  

time to discuss in the other thread ^^

Edited by Fabpsi

Definitely some work to be done with Excalibur - a starter warframe shouldn't just be used for the start, he needs some added scalability that makes him even close to viable in later-game situations.

Having his melee oriented abilities scale with the damage of his melee is definitely a way of doing this - it's something both new and old players can benefit from (it might also stop early users grinding for rhino as his instantaneous replacement when they hit Fossa).

Excalibur's the first, we understand that, but he shouldn't be worst with other warframes outshining his neutrality through one way or another.

Please, DE,  give this guy as much love as you can.

Can't we have Heavy Impact as an innate mechanic? Then Super Jump can stay as it is right now.

I'm for Slash Dash scaled with melee.

Radial Javelins should have a minimum punch-through that allows the Skanas to go through 1 layer of wall.

There, my opinion on Excal

Slash Dash should do 20% on an enemies max health + 500 damage + 100% bleed chance.  This will balance it across all levels. All direct damage skills should be max health percentage based, btw.

Bleed should also be changed to be based on the max health of the target, including players.  It will make the status more useful for players to inflict, and more fair to players in high levels, and more meaningful to players in low levels.  Players in high levels won't be one hit killed by it, and players in low levels will not be able to just ignore it.

I won't do DS as long as it is PvP only.

Edited by (PS4)DesecratedFlame

For Radial Javelin, I think that non-lethal hits should knock enemies back, possibly ragdolling, and temporarily pinning them to walls if they hit one.

As for the mod UI, the ability to see all things that a mod is equipped on from the Mod collection needs to return.

By the way there is a link broken:

Under Excalibur's "discuss further" links

Those are connected,
Edited by noveltyhero

I see my post is in the : continue discussion in following threads, nice :)

it's about 50-50% for :  don't nerf radial blind with LoS  vs.  balance radial blind, but rework all Excal abilities to be up to date with how the current game works

Can we add a question to the poll ?

Do you want to exchange current stasis sickness of kubrow (not usable for 3h) for reduced stats for 3h time period (-80 or -90%)

In the latest dev stream Sheldon said (regarding kubrow stasis sickness) that he liked one of ideas i.e. to craft an item from argon crystal (I think it was argon) to instantly make kubrow usable. Although the idea of the item is good, but if someone would just like to customize the kubrow or do something with its mods and then put kubrow back in stasis using such item made from degrading material is in my opinion not the best idea.
Unless the mechanics will get change, instead of stasis sickness as it is now, in which state you can't do anything with your kubrow it would be far better for it to have it's stats reduced (example -80% or even -90% of all stats for this 3h time period). That way if you just wanted to mod kubrow or customize it you could do it, but taking it into missions with such big loss in stats would be crazy. So from this point you would still have some options : wait 3h, pay plat to instantly boost kubrow, or use this item that was mentioned made from argon.
Edited by tocorro

Regarding Genetic Stabilizers:

If anything, since there's already wildlife, be it fauna and flora from Earth, Phobos, or future planets and moons... Why can't we just craft food from them for Kubrows? A less costly way to stave off genetic degradation, and a good way to add in buff (give good food and kubrow performs good), loyalty, and thawing (FEED KUBROW OROKIN ENGINEERED HOT SPICY GHOST PEPPERS. EMBER'S KISS) mechanics, as well as an incentive to explore more :V 

... And have Ordis auto-freeze your Kubrow if you've been away for some time.

Edited by DSMK2

Yay, our poster Excalibro is getting a rework! (Nice fact : polls are getting better and somewhat have more impact than before)

I hope the next revamp is for our Grim Reaper. Right?... (Seriously, only desecrate is used by vets :( )

Moreover, I saw some people complaining about prime access : they want some accessories without buying the rest.

Which Excalibur abilities need a revision?

If you are balancing Radial Blind, then the other 3 skills must be reworked to allow him stay on the same level (viability on high level content) because they offer nothing right now. 2 of them are outperformed by coptering/parkouring, and the ult only does damage, which we all know it's useless at higher levels.

How do you think Slash Dash should be revised?

Adding utility to it, maybe a slow. Making it scale with melee seems like a good idea, but will eventually become less viable as the levels rise.

How do you think Radial Blind should be revised?

IF the other 3 skills are reworked/buffed, then is ok to have to the line of sight requirement.

How do you think Super Jump should be revised?

Remove it already, please... it's outperformed by every type of movement in the game, give him a new skill. The idea of combining it with radial blind was not bad, but can do that by just wallruning.

How do you think Radial Javelin should be revised?

Utility to remain useful. We already have too many knockdowns/stuns/staggers/etc, so something creative would be nice.

Drew :c what happened with the silva & aegis, poll, was it ignored, nothing came out of it, not even a word :c

These polls are a way to get a sense of how the community feels about specific community topics. I can't guarantee that they directly cause changes (but they can definitely influence and/or support changes).