September 12Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

September 12th Community Hot Topics  

2,270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rework Suggestions:

Slash Dash -> Slash Dash currently feels extremely underwhelming compared to other first slot abilities. Of the starter frames for example, Mag can Pull enemies adding a touch to utility allowing Mag players to reposition when used effectively. Volt's Shock allows players to force the electricity proc which makes for effective CC. In line with all these abilities and properties in mind, I propose that Slash Dash allow players to go through enemies, force a bleeding proc and/or add a slow/ knockdown effect.

Radial Blind -> This is the only skill that makes Excalibur viable in the late game. I agree that passing through walls seems a bit OP. However, the Line of Sight mechanic requires extreme fine tuning to avoid small enemies blocking Radial Blind from hitting larger enemies behind them. Additionally, add a height calculation so that it synergizes well with Super Jump. For example, if I use Super Jump to X height, I can guarantee everyone in the room gets blinded. 

Super Jump -> Never liked this skill at all. Most of the maps and playstyles reward horizontal movement. Therefore, I propose that Super Jump be an aid to proper Radial Blind placement. The synergy with Super Jump can also be extended to Radial Javelin. However, a small radius CC should be added in order to make this skill more appealing. 

Radial Javelin -> Incredibly useless late game as it offers no utility whatsoever. Excalibur is vulnerable throughout its lengthy animation, the javelins do not go through objects and as I said before no utility on the skill. Mag's Crush knocks down enemies. Ash's ultimate makes him invulnerable. Loki's Radial Disarm synergizes well with his invisibility. So I propose that
A)  Radial Javelin deals the ability's damage multiplied by the Stealth Multiplier on enemies affected by Radial Blind.
B) A bleed proc + puncture proc or either of the two be placed on enemies.
C) The javelins home in on enemies.
D) The number of Javelins are determined by power strength.   

Only my Excalibur votes need explaining, I should preface this with saying that unlike a lot of the posters here so far I actually highly value Excalibur's mobility and skirmish potential. Anyway, here goes:

Slash Dash
I agree with the general framework someone posted early in the thread where this was changed to flat damage + %maxHP. What I'd like though, is double scaling on it. So, for the flat damage portion you'd have X% weapon damage, and then X% maxHP, both percentages scaling by rank and power strength. This ability will also be integrated into the combo system, both granting stacks on hit as well as getting boosted damage accordingly. From there, tune it so your starting Skana or whatever still lets you one-shot the early mooks, and the max hp and combo scaling makes keeps it relevant in T4.

This may sound like a lot of damage, but honestly if you can build up a 3.0x combo bonus I don't really see the problem in letting this skill (which has much less forgiving aim than a lot of damage skills) pack a giant punch. This skill is damage and mobility and while I love the second part, the first needs help. The weapon damage scaling could also just be tossed in favor of a flat amount, I was mostly just hitting thematic notes there.

Edit: Oh, one thing that would be completely awesome to add to slash dash is the ability to aim it on more than just the horizontal plane. I know we don't want to step on Zephyr's toes too much, but if we can get some Z axis flexibility it would help targetting issues (low wall blocks and such). It might also be cool if we could be temporarily ignore inertia during the jump that way airborne use-cases get a truly straight trajectory and not the downward angle we have to sort of guess at.

Radial Blind
I agree with the general direction the devs are going with regards to getting rid of complete immunity/complete lockdown (as with the trinity/frost changes) as it leads to non-interactive game play (and, as much as I love Valkyr, Hysteria needs the same treatment). That said, target limits on what is just a giant flash of light are completely unintuitive and that particular direction needs to be re-thought. By all means, nerf this, especially if his other skills get some love I'd be happy to not need this as a crutch, but find a way to do it that makes sense with the skill.

Maybe reduce the range on it, and have the lingering blind fall off rapidly over X seconds? So, the lingering blind effect wouldn't just be binary but would impose a minus X% accuracy that starts at 100 and falls to zero over the old duration? Perhaps you'd need a moderate slow effect put on it for the duration of the blind to make up for melee enemies not really caring about accuracy. Or perhaps, if not a scaling accuracy debuff you can give their sight back gradually? Upon recovering from the stun their sight radius is reduced to zero, gradually restoring to its full value over X seconds.

Super Jump
This is where I'll completely break ranks with the trends I've seen here and say that I love this skill for what it is. The base effect could use a buff (my excal rocks some decent power strength boosts and there's still quite a few places I can't jump to) and I also saw a cool idea early on about adding a sword uppercut thing to it. There's a distinct lack of dragon punches in this game and that'd be a good way to rectify that. Aside from those utility buffs I'd actually like this to stay pretty close to what it is.

Edit: Also, waiting until near the apex of the jump is lame.  Give us control back way sooner.

Radial Javelin
Not all that attached to this one. If it's going to stay pretty much as-is, a quicker cast time and adding knockback to enemies hit (and those that hit walls before the knockback runs out become pinned) would be pretty ideal. You can consider this increased crowd-control to come from Radial Blind's power budget if you like. As a 4 ability that costs 100 energy it's far more justified here. Melee combo counter credit would be greatly appreciated.

If this is getting a major overhaul there are a ton of other ideas in the thread.

Edited by Eirick

(Dark Sectors) Would you participate more if any of the following suggestions were implemented?

My problem is that I hate PvP, so Dark Sectors are now something I avoid. I have no wish to try and min-max the perfect build to counter someone elses min-max build. That's just not interesting to me.

I would love it if clans could create their own levels that would support PvE sessions later on.

How do you feel about DNA Stabilizers?

I'm fine with their current implementation as a mechanic. But, I'd rather have them obtainable as food item instead of an injection. (And with the accompanying animation of said Kubrow eating)

Edited by Hap-muhr