September 12Th: Community Hot Topics!

[DE]Drew

September 12th Community Hot Topics  

2,270 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just to elaborate a bit --

EXCALIBUR

Slash dash - Don't hate it, but it's not exactly the most useful power either. As long as coptering exists the mobility aspect is moot, and the damage falls off quickly. Some kind of utility or scalability would help.

Radial blind - I can accept a LoS requirement as long as it's smartly done. No target number limit.

Super jump - As it stands I feel this may be the most underwhelming power in the game. Not sure if it'd be better to try and save it by adding some kind of utility, combining it with something else, or scrapping it entirely for something new. To me it feels as if this is holding Excal back from having a real third power.

Radial jav - Swords need better tracking; it's quite easy for them to still get caught in objects or terrain. Giving them a higher point of origin may help, or even going so far as having them home in like Oberon's smite now. Also some kind of forced status proc to help with the utility aspect, because again, anything that solely deals damage just ends up becoming sub par after a time.

Prime Accessories

No opinion - haven't bought any, don't plan to.

Dark Sectors Conflicts

I'll be honest here - the change to conflicts with U14 forcing pvp turned me off to them 100%. I tried one morning for several hours to get into it and it just felt..can't think of a better word here so just gonna say 'unfun'. Have not done a single conflict since. No amount of rewards or tweaks is going to change the fact I don't like the pvp in this game (and on a personal note I feel locking the entire conflicts behind a pvp wall was a terrible idea - no disrespect intended).

DNA Stabilizers

Not hugely bothered by these now. My minor dislike is simply the kubrow's max hp being tied to them -  unless you use one daily your kubrow is only at 100% once every four days. Still with a link health mod they generally have so much hp it hardly matters.

Edited by Adidasprime

Dark Sectors Conflicts
There are a lot of varying opinions about Dark Sector Conflicts (and PvP in general). Many suggestions revolve around balancing loadouts and/or only allowing preset loadouts. Some of the balance suggestions from the community would be worth exploring, but before we discuss specifics, please, vote in the polls to give your general opinion about Dark Sector Conflicts. Once we have a general sense of how the community feels, we can explore some more specific hot topics about PvP. 

Please, continue this discussion in the following threads:

How often do you participate in Dark Sectors Conflicts?

Frequently

Would you participate more if any of the following suggestions were implemented?

I voted Changes to equipment/warframes/weapons. But should have chosen Other (Post suggestion below).

I think that allowing only preset loudouts would turn the PvP in this game boring.

Personally, I feel as if the general direction Excalibur's abilities should go something like this.

SLASH DASH

In low levels this ability is perfect. In higher however it's only use is mobility, and even then it's outclassed by weapons that can copter (hint hint DE)

But, for now let's pretend that my suggested change to super jump gets implemented, and this ability looses its purpose in mobility.

It's new purpose is a grenade type ability, A.K.A deal heavy damage to an enemy in a selected area.

Anything hit during the dash adds 1 to the combo counter.

Scales with melee damage.

At the end of the dash Excalibur will do a very wide sweep motion with his energy skana which extends for bigger range.

The final slash knocks down enemies.

Also an air animation.

SUPER JUMP

It's still used for mobility, but now it can be used for horizontal and vertical mobility, and everything in between.

Still remains relatively the same. Except now holding the super jump button you can aim your jump in an arc.

Tapping the ability button makes it act normally (regular super jump).

If aimed parallel to the ground Excalibur will do a series of really rad flips that end in a cartwheel kick, which ragdolls the enemy if it hits.

Radial blind

Fffffff...

I've got nothing.

Go along with your planned change, I'm sure we'll all have an opinion of it by then.

Radial javelin

Has innate punch through of 0.5m or some other value you guys at DE deem appropriate.

Nails enemies to walls until the totally not just reused skana models javelins disappear.

Give it a better homing ability.

Redo casting animation to something faster and remove ending animation; it's an energy sword, unless you plan on using it in the next five seconds just make it disappear.

Make us able to cast it on a "downed" enemy for massive damage.

Also an air casting animation would be nice.

IMO, buffing Excal's shields and health to max out at 1000 when equipped with maxed Redirection and Vitality mods would be nice. I can't think of a good reason to do this really other than 1000 is a nicer looking number than 740....

Also, just want to throw this out there: Whatever changes happen, remember to keep him as thee "all-rounder" with all his abilities

imho dna stabilizers are at a price point now that they are really a non-issue

but my problem is with the entire concept of space-doggy cancer-aids

ive suggested this before, but i think that kubro health and loyalty should be 'reversed' to an extent

what i mean is, loyalty degrades daily 10% a day, but you are still limited to only 3 'luvins' per day, each giving 10% back

health no longer degrades daily, health now ONLY degrades if you kubro dies in a mission, still degrades by 10% per death, stabilizers now only repair 10% per use

what this means is that stabilizers still serve a function, and if yer kubro dies in missions a lot, it will still cost to heal him up, but they will no longer die from 'neglect'

at the same time, as long as you pet your kubro every day or so, he will do great dmg, but if yer gone for a week or two, then it will take several days of consistent luvin for him to get back to liking you (since you can only get back 30% loyalty each day)

"After spending some time with the new mod UI, are mods easy to find and identify"

TLDR: NO. 

My memory is very visual. I forget names easily and frequently. If I associate a mod with a picture then it's easier to find. If I can't see the picture until I hover over each and every mod then this significantly impacts the amount of time it takes me to make a loadout.

How satisfied have you been with the previous prime accessory packs?

This last one was terrible. I've bought everyone via ps4 and this loki access to me wasn't every good. I almost passed on it but the biggest complaint I have with access is not being able to pause your timers.

Dark Secrtor.....................

I dislike it very much it's more a waste of time then it's worth, I just think it should done away with.

Edited by (PS4)Filthy113

How do you think Slash Dash should be revised?

when u have ur melee weapon equiped it will be used as utility to close in on ur enemy to perform the combos

when u have ur main or secondary make it a 2 staged ability:(first stage) its like the normal slash dash but its damage is depends on ur melee weapon damage (second stage) excalibur spins around himself [much like the loki's radial disarm animation] and does AoE damage based on his overall ability strength

How do you think Super Jump should be revised?

remove it completely we all know warframe levels have no high ceilings zypher is only playable on earth :P and a little on phobos

How do you think Radial Javelin should be revised?

make it a radial ability (globe) and make it pin enemies to walls

affected by ( duration[more time enemies are pinned on walls] // range // strength )

because i cant buy them with plat.... maybe its just me XD

Would you participate more if any of the following suggestions were implemented?

bigger maps[not battlefieldish] longer matches[ 20min avg ]  make it have more tactics into it  ambushing ur enemies :D

make it a little like league of legends XD i know this is a  3rd person shooter but farming specters at first so u can get a kill is awesome 

and having control on which mod u wanna activate....and we start all at zero and we earn credits from killing specters and then we buy the mods :D so only the skillful player will win :D

How do you think Radial Blind should be revised?

I think that it should maybe get some sort of blast-ish damage, or damage in general for if enemies are right up close.

You're on the right track with it. I think it just needs a little more damage. I also think that if they survive, they get pinned to something until it wears off.

I think this is the most useless abilities ever. The more mobile abilities such as Ripline, even have more to them than just going into the air. My suggestion is to have something like Heavy Impact when landing.

Edited by blazingcobalt

Can't recall the specific thread but one nifty little addition I saw suggested for slash dash was: if you have melee equipped, each enemy struck with slash dash increases combo counter by one. Nothing game breaking, just a nice touch. Thought I'd throw that in for consideration~

I love the idea of Dark Sector PvP, but the fact that almost everyone runs all the OP weapons, with Insane mods on it, kills it for me. I would like to see at least PvP exclusively balanced, Mods, and ability Mods, And MAYBE weapons as well. that can only be used in PvP and not PvE. And remove launcher type weapons from being able to be used in loadouts, and make them Pick up weapons that spawn at random spots on a random timer. 

I feel this will make it so all players would have an even start, and make it so whoever wins is determined by each players skill rather then who has the most OP weapon and frame. and over all make the Warframe PvP much more enjoyable. I think it has potential to have very fun PvP, But It needs to kind of be a separate thing from PvE.

Edited by Senketsu_

"What would make you participate in Dark Sector conflicts more?"

I kind of need a lot of things for that, since I'm predominantly a solo player. Nerfing certain "cheese" builds such as Bladestorm spam. Fixing matchmaking particularly for defenders (attackers get to squad up but defenders have to rely on pugs? Wat?), but also fixing the strategic portion of the whole rail system - I have little incentive to participate in a rail defense mission when attackers have such tremendous advantages as they enjoy now.

My votes + explanations:

How do you feel about the recent experimental Excalibur changes?

The changes should be part of a complete rework.

Excalibur was OP in Closed Beta. He was fine when Open Beta started. But with progressing powercreep (talking about both - OP gear and OP enemies) he is rather lacking. His damage output is laughable, his Super Jump is useless, Slash Dash can be used to scratch Bombard's nose if it's itching. All of his abilities, besides Radial Blind have zero scaling or zero usability whatsoever.

Which Excalibur abilities need a revision?

All of them.

How do you think Slash Dash should be revised?

Scale damage with meele.

That's probably the most resonable option. Maaaaybe add guaranteed Bleeding proc. This way it won't scale with enemies (no weapon does, maybe besides high-status ones), but it will at least scale with our gear.

How do you think Radial Blind should be revised?

No opinion on this topic.

It's fine as it is now, honestly. Really powerful CC ability. True, it should not work through walls and covers, but even without these it is a powerful tool.

Or another option which I'll describe later in my post.

Combination of 1 through 3

1. Increase the controlability (is that a word?), so you can jump in the direction you want to, not just straight up.
2. Add brief stagger effect on enemies close to your starting location when you are jumping
3. Add knockdown (light units) and stagger (heavy units) on landing. Radius increase with mods.

Both 1 and 2

Ecalibur is a swordsman. At least he should be. Definitely scale this ability with meele. As for additional effect - guaranteed Puncture proc should be cool. Maybe some punch-through for javelins, enough to pierce 2-3 enemies.

OR

Fuse it with Radial Blind. What won't die - will be stunned and blinded. Perfect solution, similar to the one in Rhino Stomp.

No opinion on this topic.

Since the Prime Accessories are obtaiable only for hard currency, I won't be getting any. If they were available for Pla - I would really consider that.

Never

I am a die hard PvE player. When I started - Warframe was purely PvE, and that's why I loved this game. Then dojo rooms came. Sure, fine, they are not necessary, but I don't have to partake in it.
Then Conlcaves appeared. Same case - I don't have to play it, those are just for fun.
Dark Sectors were introduces - cool, easy money if the clan/alliance wasn't paybaiting. Some nice mods from Spectres too.

Now the wole Dark Sectors ownership is completely locked behind PvP. I wan't to help liberate the overtaxed nodes, I really do! But at the same time I refuse to fight other players. Current system forces you to join PvP if you want to have any impact on what's happening. And I won't take part in it.

Other

Add some PvE possibilities. Add the ability to run Raid or Sabotage missions to have an impact on what'll happen. Allow me to break the generator, or steal a power cell, while enemies are distracted by a cell of my clanmates fighting them. Kinda like the "Lone Tenno Operative" from Survivals.

How do you feel about DNA Stabilizers?

They are fine the way they are now

Seriously, the daily cost of Kubrow upkeep is around 3.5k credits. Is this really that much? Seriously?

Maybe add a module to Incubator, craftable with Argon and some more stuff. Or even purchasable for Plat, that would make the Stabilizers be used automatically, one per four days, so people won't whine about how they can't log in every four days for a minute to keep his Kubrow alive. Or how they can't put him into stasis if they know they'll be away.

What’s your opinion on the new MOD UI?

Needs some changes

Namely - I don't know which mod is which. Seriously, they all look eactly the same to me. I can tell, that there are gold ones, silver ones and bronze ones. The artwork is there no more, only the gray-ish, brown-ish or urine-ish tint, that's all I can see.

Not to mention the horizontal scrolling. Extemely unintuitive.

And the rank stars that you can barely see.

And a lack of a damn searchbar. Seriously, it's been a topic since Mods 2.0 came out and it's not here yet?

And overall crampedness of the cards. Everything is there. Here's a number, there's a number, there's a letter next to it, some gold, some deco, something flashy, something blinky, but I don't know what mod is that untill I squint my eyes and read the whole description.

Edited by Angius

Super Jump may be the most useless power in the whole game. Not only is it hopelessly outclassed by, say, Zephyr (whose t1 ability does the same thing  EXCEPT it also does damage, AND it can be recast in the air granting real mobility, etc), but it is even rendered redundant by Excal's OWN t1 ability. Slash Dash effectively gives Excal a double jump (at least gives him long reach, granted, no extra vert). 

I can appreciate that Super Jump combined with Slash Dash is useful and fun for exploration, but let's get real here. 

EDIT: 

I would like to use this space to put forth what I think is an excellent suggestion from Thaumatos: Instead of Super Jump, replace with an all purpose Super Jumping and extra overall mobility, like this one he calls 'Keen''  (though I myself am not too 'keen' on the name)

Keen - Personal/AoE Buff

Heightened Run Speed for 'x' seconds.  (Not Volt-like)

Increased Jump Height for 'x' seconds.

Zero Stamina drain for "x" seconds.

I suggest that in order to further differentiate this power from Volt, it would be t3, be more costly (but possibly toggleable) so that it would be similar to Volt's Speed (though with a comparatively bigger emphasis on jumping power - i.e. extra jumping height and not just extra length conferred by Volt's Speed), much like how Decoy and Molt are similar, or Smoke Bomb and Invisibility for that matter. 

I figure as long as such a replacement power maintained a super jumping ability, even the "don't touch my precious Super Jump" purists won't be too dismayed. Plus it would continue to synchronize well with Heavy Impact.

Edited by TennoSimons

about radial blind, the line of sight effect planned kinda make sense (even if in real life flash-bangs' sound affect people even if they are not blinded) but as it removes a good chunk of utility of the power, I suggest you buff the initial stun duration

for super jump, I suggest add an additional schockwave effect on landing (as with heavy impact mod but with minor damage added too)

radial javelin needs to have more damage (scaling with melee would be fine) & utility, add punch through (small effect to make it more easy to use) and a small duration paralysis effect for ennemies that didn t die(they ve been impaled by javelins after all)

I would buy accessories pack if there was a slightly cheaper pack without the boosters, I'm mastery 17 with all the weapons at lvl 30 (& 12 millions credits) so 90 days boosters are useless to me & packs are a little too expensive I think

I'm not much in PvP, give the choice in dark sectors conflict between PvP & PvE please. on a related note, get the taxes out of dark sectors, this annoys everybody. make it so rail owners get an even greater bonus on mastery & ressources/credit drops (give them a 1.5 multiplier on dark sector bonuses) this would satisfy everyone I think. I don t play sectors anymore because of the ridiculous tax levels all alliances put these days

new mod UI is nice, but a little confusing, the old one was simple & fine. I guess it s just a matter of habit.

I would add a feature for arsenal  though: for weapon mods, add a small icon on mods used by sentinel weapons, this is something that has been missing for a while, annoying when you can t make the difference between the mods you can t install when leveling weapons

also: read a post from someone from DE somewhere about silva/aegis vote: what's the use of doing community polls if you don't listen to feedback from them? this is a messed up thing to do

Edited by manub

Well, for the Bro:

Slash Dash: Needs to have a small cone effect of damage on it. Slash forward, enemies move a hair, you miss... least that could happen is some fall off AoE Damage so your power wasn't wasted. Doesn't need to be huge, just not wasted.

Radial Blind: Have it last a few more seconds. It's like the flashy thing from MiB, attention on him, FLASH, dazed. That'd be good.

Super Jump: How about some damage if he comes down and slams the ground. Some damage AND knockdown, independent of using Heavy Impact.

Radial Javelin: Needs a much better looking animation. Pretty dang boring and unflashy now. All the newer frames are blingly, he needs to show off more.

He is the poster boy after all and should get some love and some awesome special effects.

Kubrow & DNA:  Remove the stabilizers. The price cut hasn't hit PS4 so I have no idea how much it was slashed. Consider having them for a temporary time. You need stabilize your Kubrow X amount of times, the stabilizer eventually works in full, is actually permanent and your Kubrow isn't walking/decaying/death. If they ever do get stable, just do a cool off time. You can use them X amount of time before they start to wear out, power down and need to nap back in the Liset before they're back up to speed. I don't mind them getting weaker with long term use, they ARE living and probably get fatigued, but not death. Just let them rest to recover.

Not into PvP at all so I don't go there.

New Mods haven't hit PS4 yet, no opinion.

Edited by (PS4)Folkeye

DNA Stabilizers
Ever since the Kubrow were first hatched in U14, the DNA Stabilizers have been a contentious topic in the community. Since their implementation, the DNA Stabilizers have been changed many times, including a Credit cost decrease. How do you feel about them? Are Stabilizers “ok” the way they are currently implemented, or do they need a change?

19xgGZF.png

Just did two T3 Ext and one T4 intercept till wave 3.

The total of all of this is not counting the pick ups is 77200.

I did nothing but chill in chat and ask for invites.

Seriously, there is no excuse.

If you are solo player its going to take longer to get those keys but it's still not that much to do to get 100k.

Cost is not a valid argument on any level. If you cant do 3 tier III missions in 20 something days to get 75k you are just not playing the game at all.

So what left is people not wanting the kubs to have an upkeep.

And this is really your choice, DE, on what to do because there is really no excuse for any of this to get change.

Would it be cool if we could do with the Kub what we do with the Sentinels? Sure... why not. But is this the mechanic you want this game mechanic to have?

MOD UI

Having to read the mod takes longer, scrolling sideways takes longer, specially when you lost a row of mods.

Everything in this UI takes longer. I dont care how hey look, i dont care that the cards have 3d movement i just want to go through my stuff quick.

And i want to switch mike configs fast.

Still dont know why a game where the main feature is the ability to build your character how you want from mission to mission doesnt have the ability to let you do that quickly.

In regards to Dark sector Conflicts: Would you participate more if any of the following suggestions were implemented?

I answered other.  I would participate more if there was a PvE option.  I play it from time to time as it is now, but its only fun for a little bit, then it just gets frustrating.  I know there are a ton of people that stopped participating with conflicts when PvP was rammed down our throats as the only option for taking part.  This pretty much knocked a huge amount of the player base out of conflicts in what is supposed to be a PvE game and PvP was supposed to just be something to do on the side. 

Never

I am a die hard PvE player. When I started - Warframe was purely PvE, and that's why I loved this game. Then dojo rooms came. Sure, fine, they are not necessary, but I don't have to partake in it.
Then Conlcaves appeared. Same case - I don't have to play it, those are just for fun.
Dark Sectors were introduces - cool, easy money if the clan/alliance wasn't paybaiting. Some nice mods from Spectres too.

Now the wole Dark Sectors ownership is completely locked behind PvP. I wan't to help liberate the overtaxed nodes, I really do! But at the same time I refuse to fight other players. Current system forces you to join PvP if you want to have any impact on what's happening. And I won't take part in it.

I feel like this underlined part covers how a lot of people feel about DS Conflicts right now.  

The new mod UI is pretty nice, I can't find anything to complain about with it.  I find it just as useful as the old mod UI. 

As for Excalibur I would combine Radial Blind with Radial Javalin, like what happened with Rhino and stomp way back when.  Then give Excalibur a brand new #3 skill.  Leave jump alone, it doesn't need to be changed it is pure mobility utility and that is how it should stay. 

With Kubrows, no change should be made to DNA stabilizers, period.  If you can't make 100k in 20 days that's ridiculous, I understand it isn't easy for newer players to do but Kubrows really aren't something you should be getting right away. 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre