Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pure Melee Suggestion

Eudamon

It is possible to loadout with just a melee weapon. I love it. It is fun, and it does not always kill me (although on higher levels I usually get shredded quite quickly, despite parrying a lot.

My suggestion: Convert the empty weapon slots into warframe mod slots or melee mod slots.

I would suggest only one or two slots, or one aura slot and a normal slot, otherwise it might be too OP.

Alternatively, you MUST drop both weapons to qualify for extra slots. I must admit, I have not really thought this through properly.

Anyway, the extra mod slots would permit a slightly more powerful loadout for the melee, but reduce the Tenno to a pure melee fighter. Those who love melee could venture into their enemies just armed with their sword, while those who prefer long-range death slaughter their enemies from afar.

It stands to reason that a Tenno who does not have to carry an Ogris and a Stugg into battle will be more agile (less weight), so that might justify the extra slots

We have quite a lot of things that can buff up melee and make Sword Alone loadouts good. Mods like Steel Charge on your Warframe, frames like Valkyr with Warcry to buff attack speed..

Nice suggestion though, melee needs to be brought up more on par with the guns.

Edited by X3Evanescence

Interesting idea but I dont like it. Way too much work and it wouldnt be that awsome.

More easier for you is to use Rhino with iron skin and go just full melee and use that skill non-stop as most rhino do. Also maybe changing your modes at weapons/warframe (Idk your build and your preferences) would help ya hold longer.

And one more point (Edit: oki more points): It is nice that you have fun with this but at some missions is better to shoot or better if I say it is necessary. Twists happenes and you never know what is going to happen. + One thing: In big halls..imagine you have only melee weapons and 3x flying corpus or rocket bombers of grineers. You coudlnt do anything just watch.

+ you might have fun but as you said: sometimes they make salad from you at higher ranks maps and if this happened some times at one mission..you would be dead weight for your team.

Edited by HellRisen

Nice suggestion though, melee needs to be brought up more on par with the guns.

they pretty much is the problem isent there dmg the problem is that you need to be close to the enemy to use them

meaning

you take more dmg and theres a higher chance you'll end up getting knocked down or leeched your energy

I dont think the idea would work that well. I love going full melee, but on high level missions you need tactical flexibility to deal with any threat that comes your way. That being said i sometimes go melee only on exterminate missions, ash is my favorite for this type of missions, with my trusty dragon nikana (with lifestrike), thinking carefully where is the best place to attack you can easily dominate.

they pretty much is the problem isent there dmg the problem is that you need to be close to the enemy to use them

meaning

you take more dmg and theres a higher chance you'll end up getting knocked down or leeched your energy

Thats why you need to use frames that can easily close the distance, or withstand ridiculous amounts of damage. Melee 2.0 works great, the only problem are heavy melees, they are not as good as they used to be (galatine for example)

If doing High Level melee only - the choice of Warframe becomes more dependent.

If worried about stagger and knockdown while using a weapon/stance that does not provide CC protection - Rhino's Iron Skin assists greatly.

Stomp, Paralysis, Overload, Pull, Tempest Barrage, etc... Can ground or damage flying enemies... For Bosses with weak points (or Hard to reach like Raptor) a primary or secondary is still needed.

Quick Rest + Reflection is decent ranged protect if going full melee with a non-durable frame. Witth or without Reflex Guard.

Bust melee, and/or stagger CC combo/stance can greatly increase melee only survivability. (Linked Gnashing Paraya 1st combo when swarmed by ancients... Decent stagger to prevent you from getting hit by direct attacks.)