Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Alerts Do Not Fail If Life Support Runs Out Before Extraction

Tails-san

If life support runs out during a Survival Alert before the 10-minute mark (perhaps specifically between 5 and 10 minutes), the mission will not automatically fail like if you run out of life support before the 5 minute mark in normal survival.

This results in being stuck and having to abort the mission, as the timer stops when life support runs out, preventing extraction from becoming available.

Oh yeah, this happened. You lose health from life support being off but you end up with 5 left. It was stuck on 2:28 and I survived for over 3 minutes. I already posted on this and I don't think people understood.

Edited by Valletta

Perhaps the more pertinent question is how we are running out of air before 10 minutes is up? Fix the spawns, fix survival, please!!!

"Make it easier, please!"

Alerts should be harder than normal missions. They're balanced around that 10 minute marker in difficulty. They are fine the way they are now.

"Make it easier, please!"

Alerts should be harder than normal missions. They're balanced around that 10 minute marker in difficulty. They are fine the way they are now.

Nobody wants it easier, they want it fixed. Survival alerts are barely spawning enemies unless you go in solo and stay away from all the doors right now, which means you're totally reliant on the Lotus' drawn-out air tank spawns. They're being balanced around the assumption that you get any air at all from enemies, and if you're in a full group, that... doesn't necessarily happen.

I actually think this is a problem with enemy spawn mechanics, since mobs can only spawn if they're either a certain distance away from you or somewhere nobody in your group can see - which means behind doors, and if your group is spread out, there are less and less places without line of sight to you. Split up too far, and you get no enemies, which is counterintuitive when you'd expect them to swarm a separated team more in hopes of crushing them whilst they're divided.