Colorblind Frustrations

Bambiiiiiiii

Hello! I hope this post is in the correct forum, but you'll forgive me if it isn't.

I've been playing Warframe for nearly a year and I am a very happy customer. DE provides quick support, hotfixes, and responds to player feedback. I'm always impressed and grateful for the hard work done by everyone on the team.

However, I'm writing today to express my growing frustration over the lack of colorblind support. While it seemed rather inconsequential once, it is becoming more and more exasperating for me. The new mod system UI is excellent and very quick and easy for me to use, but I can't help but become a bit annoyed when my fellow Tenno can rush past doors and lockers that are locked, while I have to stroll up and check for myself.

This might seem minor to some folks, but it's quite agitating to see a room full of lockers and be completely incapable of knowing which are locked and which aren't.

I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement or not, but the prompt to open a locker being visible from further away would be quite helpful, or a toggle to make it so that unlocked chests/lockers are illuminated and locked are simply unlit.

I'm confident that, in time, changes will be made to provide support for the colorblind Tenno in the community, but some degree of expedience would be greatly appreciated.

maybe they can add a color blind option that works like color correction but only changing the colors that colorblind people can't see to colors that you can see, some kind of very light filter that applies like the bright and contrast ones and doesn't consumes too much resources from your computer so you can use it even in low spec machines without reducing it's performance?

TF2's solution to colorblind players who couldn't tell if someone was jarate'd was to add icon's above the heads of players who were covered in jarate. Maybe add a minimap icon option for locked doors?

EDIT: In retrospect, I realize that the first sentence has nothing to do with the second.

Edited by Horonelius