Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer Heavies Secret Power

Elenortirie

As most of you should notice there is an issue with grineer and grineer derived heavy units I wanted to point attention at cause its irritating and in some extend decreasing amount of fun while fighting them:

I'll show the heart of problem by story from today that happened to me:

it occured during survival mission I made to bring my valkyr back to 30 after forma (but thats not part of the story)

I use venka weapon

this is what happened: i jump-atacked grineer heavy gunner - I succesfully knocked down him and his 3 weaker friends and just after second got knocked back by his "knockback blast" - whates the issue?

basing on timings it comes that all "casting" through very beginning to very ending happened while unit was knocked back - lying on his back - let me remind you - when warframe is knocked down he can't do anything until he will not get back on the feet

other situation from same run... jump atacked into group of bombards - got knocked back by one of lying bombards when he/she was still lying on the ground (same skill as heavy gunner and same - all casting during knockback)

so it seems that grineer heavy units have some hidden power that makes them possible to cast skills while lying on the ground - but how it comes that grineer have such a powers when much more advanced tenno can't even shout when he/she got knocked down? (nope can't cast even warcry while lying on the ground)

and why I said "and grineer derived heavy units"?

because in similar way - bu as for my current experience in lesser form - corrupted heavy gunners also have a power that let them start casting while knocked down - lesser because it the finish when they are already on feet (when he stands up he automatically have fist in the ground and I'm instaknocked back without all that animation) happened multiple times when I was running mag on t1-3 void missions - I pull gunner atack him while he is lying but can't deal "last point of hp of damage" cause I'm interrupted by his slam that he sudenly started to cast while still on the ground

of course "after all" they all dies but it means damage delivered to me that should not occur and on t3 void mission or 30mins+ grineer survival may change succesfull run into failed one

My feedback in that issue is that either such a thing should not be possible (if knockback disables possibilty of doing stuff while knocked back it should work this way for everyone and all actions) or lets all warframe cast their skills while knocked back as well - why not cast stun on valkyr when got knocked back or crush on mag on same occurence? If grineer can still knock me back after being succesfully put on the ground?

[not mentioning that if they start casting that skill befor my knockback/stun occurs they will avoid totaly it while it already happend phew times to me that MY casting skills got INTERRUPTED by being pushed by grineer heavies blast or shield lancers shieldbash - I can deal with that - but when I aalready knocked him back? oh common....]

Grineer (and Shockwave MOAs, I believe), cannot START casting while knocked down, but they can continue.

1) Heavy starts casting shockwave.

2) Heavy is knocked down.

3) Heavy finishes casting shockwave.

If it makes you feel better, most Warframe abilities grant immunity to knockdown while being cast.

Grineer (and Shockwave MOAs, I believe), cannot START casting while knocked down, but they can continue. 1) Heavy starts casting shockwave. 2) Heavy is knocked down. 3) Heavy finishes casting shockwave. If it makes you feel better, most Warframe abilities grant immunity to knockdown while being cast.

as it seems they can - sadly I wasn't recording that run but I was blasted by bombards heavy gunners and napalms that were happyli lying on the ground (when they start before knockback they are not knocked back at all so your chain of event should loock like: 1)heavy starts cating shockwave 2) you try to knock him back 3) he happily ignores your attempt finishes casting and continue shooting to you while in my situation it was this way: 1) knockback hevy grineer 2) I start to dealing him dmg 3) got knocked back from shokwave sourced on heavy happily lying on the ground)

and also I was blasted not once but multiple times by corrupted heavy gunners in a way that only possibility of "how" is that they started casting it while the were going back into their feet after ragdolling them (everytime I got knocked back I had to wait with using any ability untill I was fully back on legs)

If you don't believe me in matter of corrupted heavies - grab mag or any other frame with easy acces to ragdoll enemies and melee weapon that will not instakill gunners there and go into t2void exterminate - pull corrupted heavy gunner and start meleeing him - for sure atleast one of them will instashockwave you while back on his feet - by instashockwave I mean the effect of skill while knock you back immediatelly after he will be back on his legs without all animamation with smashing the ground

I will try today as well as a matter of "experiment" go back to them and record full run and them will post here situations I'm about in this thread

[first grineers but I'm afraid I'll not have enought of time to get corrupted as well]

As a valkyr player that primarily uses melee to kill stuff i find that handspring is a very useful mod especially against heavies and Shockwave MOAs.

That or a well timed paralysis which can negate any knockdowns.

I usually stack attack speed and rely on the melee attack immunity to KD that it seems to have

I usually stack attack speed and rely on the melee attack immunity to KD that it seems to have

aparently it does not have it cause I'm knocked back while midatack quite often....

aaaand: promised vids:

napalm:

[mute it while playing cause mate from skypa got into the recording and atm I'm not capable of geting rid of his "ok" from the vid]

corrupted gunny:

aparently it does not have it cause I'm knocked back while midatack quite often....

aaaand: promised vids:

napalm:

[mute it while playing cause mate from skypa got into the recording and atm I'm not capable of geting rid of his "ok" from the vid]

corrupted gunny:

What weapon do you use?

If you check some of my other videos you can see me attacking right through enemy KD by spamming melee

I dont often bother equipping sure footed anymore because of this

Also evasion has proven to be invaluable when timed correctly

What weapon do you use?

If you check some of my other videos you can see me attacking right through enemy KD by spamming melee

I dont often bother equipping sure footed anymore because of this

Also evasion has proven to be invaluable when timed correctly

venka - you should be able to see claws on vid :P

and evasion.... too much buttons for evade to pull it out (RMB+roll+direction of evasion is just too much - gonna check if can rebind it to one button+direction

but that does not solves the problem with enemies casting KD while happily lying on the ground: if I smash them succesfully KD'ing them I expect them to not disturb my killing them before they will be back on their feets....