Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Gets Shot Through Turbulence

FoolishShadow

I am not sure if this is the proper section or not but figured it was close.

I know that zephyrs turbulence does not protect her form all ranged attacks but i have noticed recently that it is not protecting me from any ranged shots. before i could see some get through and take damage while others would stop but now the timer counts down and even a low level standard grineer infantry unit (that i believe does not have hit scan) shoots through it.

Rule of thumb; if it's Grineer and not a Bombard's rocket (not sure about Ignis/Napalms), it is hitscan.

Corpus mostly use projectile weapons, although Flux Rifle beams function in an interesting way.

Hitscan enemies are affected by Turbulence's 'outer radius', and suffer greatly reduced accuracy. (25m range at max rank, unmodded)

Projectile weapons are deflected by the 'inner radius'. (4m range at max rank, unmodded)

You can think of it as a loose damage reduction against hitscan, and a mobile Snowglobe against non-hitscan enemies.

Edited by Kthal

Rule of thumb; if it's Grineer and not a Bombard's rocket (not sure about Ignis/Napalms), it is hitscan.

Corpus mostly use projectile weapons, although Flux Rifle beams function in an interesting way.

Hitscan enemies are affected by Turbulence's 'outer radius', and suffer greatly reduced accuracy. (25m range at max rank, unmodded)

Projectile weapons are deflected by the 'inner radius'. (4m range at max rank, unmodded)

You can think of it as a loose damage reduction against hitscan, and a mobile Snowglobe against non-hitscan enemies.

napalm/ignis are definitely projectiles thought the blast radius from the napalms is deceptively pretty huge so if the projectile gets redirected into the ground/someother thing near you it's still going to damage you

Turbulence only deflects non-hitscan abilities at full range. Enemies using hitscan weapons need to be within the power range otherwise the bullets are going to still deal full damage.

Think of turbulence like a sort of frost globe that follows Zephyr around. (but not really, lol)

Edited by JohnProdman

Honestly, it's kind of a bad idea to think of Zephyr as a Frost (Though I understand that is not what you guys were saying). Zephyr has high health, and high shields, but her focus, even while using Turbulence, is mobility. I commit a bit of a blasphemy (or so implies many of the forums) by keeping a duration build on my Zephyr, and remaining mobile. That health and those shields, they go a lot further when you play mobile support. I keep my tornados and my Turbulence going the entire time, mod my weapons to whatever is best against the current faction, and extend that to the Tornados, and I play revive guy/life support guy. All that just to say, so long as you remain mobile, even if you are only trotting along at a comfortable walk, that will be enough for you to keep the gunfire away. A shot here, a shot there...just dont stand still unless you are activating Life support, or Reviving someone.

Turbulence works as an aura to lower enemy accuracy and also affects the angle of travel for projectiles.  If enemies with hitscan weapons are out of the aura's range then it will not affect them.  Projectiles will always be deflected (but are not guaranteed to miss) unless they are fired within the ability's minimum range.

I'm sure this has already been said, but could not resist posting a little something upon reading the title.

All turbulence is designed to do is reduce the amount of shots that hit you and thus the amount of damage you take, rather than block it completely.  A simple look at Zephyr's nonstatus as a tank frame would serve to point towards this.

Not to mention DE's general swath of destruction against any and all godmode abilities.