Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Factually Largest Room With A High/no Ceiling?

darthdart

Question

What is it? I need to know.

I have one room in my mind that could be considered the longest room in the game that I have personally seen myself.

I'd like to know the room that fits the following criteria basically:

1. Longest distance door to door, horizontally, height is irrelevant because of number 2

2. High ceiling or no ceiling, basically outside

3. No chasms that prevent travel time, so no long rooms with extraction at the end and a cliff, I have to be able to stop.

4. Has to be in a mission and not pvp/dojo.

There is one room I'm considering for this. There is a room on a corpus planet tileset that has ships that come in to dock, and its one gigantic long hallway in one straight shot.

19 answers to this question

The ice planet tileset will probably have some contenders, and the room under the dojo deserves an honourable mention, but the biggest common one is probably the Corpus hangar, with the Derelict roots room possibly suiting your purposes too.

I know that the Corpus planet extraction tile with the long slope has some huge distances and no height limit. (can actually leave bounds with Zephyr)

Also, the Void room with the brass balls is fairly long, but no straight path through.

(The single biggest procedural tile is probably the Derelict parkour room with the engine/gravity-well funnel which grabs you if you fail)

Edited by Kthal

i think it would be the room you mentioned but not sure.

im curious now, why do you need a big room?

Wanna see how far a single Tail Wind can go maxed out for distance with a Maxed out Volt Speed.

Also wanna see how far I can copter with Maxed out:

1. Speed

2. Berserker

3. Warcry

4. Quickening

In a single copter. Just wanna see it for myself and do it myself. I need as much room as possible to do it.

Don't forget the Grineer hanger tile, I think it's about as large as the Corpus one. And there is also the Corpus outpost tile that has the river flowing through the middle (with the large round doors at each end, or one large round door and a small "cave" entrance at the other).

Probably either that room, or the big long tunnel one that spawns on Ceres sometimes.

I love sprinting down that hallway.

Don't forget the Grineer hanger tile, I think it's about as large as the Corpus one. And there is also the Corpus outpost tile that has the river flowing through the middle (with the large round doors at each end, or one large round door and a small "cave" entrance at the other).

I love sprinting down that hallway.

I forgot about the river room. Nice suggestion.

I don't go to ceres much so I have no idea what the long hallway room would look like to be recognized for this. Any hopes for a picture of said room?

All in all, your best bets are the Corpus outpost tileset and the Grineer shipyard tileset. As far as I know, they have the chance to spawn the biggest rooms.

Another Corpus outpost map that is large is the Frozen Dam tile, it spawns if you play interception on Cerberus, Pluto, That's a huge map.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

All in all, your best bets are the Corpus outpost tileset and the Grineer shipyard tileset. As far as I know, they have the chance to spawn the biggest rooms.

Another Corpus outpost map that is large is the Frozen Dam tile, it spawns if you play interception on Cerberus, Pluto, That's a huge map.

You mean the big room where the 4 points are all on the corners of the gigantic square that makes up the entire room?

Eh, corner to corner/wall to wall from the corners may be a long stretch. Nice suggestion.

Wanna see how far a single Tail Wind can go maxed out for distance with a Maxed out Volt Speed.

Also wanna see how far I can copter with Maxed out:

1. Speed

2. Berserker

3. Warcry

4. Quickening

In a single copter. Just wanna see it for myself and do it myself. I need as much room as possible to do it.

you may wanna add the speed boost aura

(The single biggest procedural tile is probably the Derelict parkour room with the engine/gravity-well funnel which grabs you if you fail)

I think there is another one in Derelict that is even bigger than that one. It´s a procedural treasure tile i believe, and it´s rare.

Edited by Nachino

I did some measuring.

The corpus river room was about 140 to 150 meters door to door approximately.

I didn't bother measuring rooms in the void because of things being in the way on that tileset and the low ceilings.

I ran Ceres to complete the planet and I found what was suggested I believe, the grineer ship dock extraction was 171 meters doorway to the far wall.

The winner so far was the room I figured was the longest in one straight shot, that I have measured so far. The corpus hangar room wins from doorway to doorway at 220 something meters. It's either 220, or 200. It's over 200 though for sure.

I also found that ceres conveyor belt room with the ships, it seems pretty spacious but I didn't measure it because of the mission being a nightmare and I was thoroughly annoyed at the time. Also didn't measure the interception corpus square map because I hate doing interception honestly.

Corpus River - 140 to 150 (i believe, measured in haste)

Ceres Hangar Extraction - 171 (exact measurement, also 140 roughly out of the nook doorway, just wall to wall)

Corpus Hangar - 200+ easily (measured from the doorway up on the hill to the complete otherside)

Derelict and Void rooms are pretty much out of the question because of being over designed, with way too many things in the way in general.

I did some measuring.

I didn't bother measuring rooms in the void because of things being in the way on that tileset and the low ceilings.

I ran Ceres to complete the planet and I found what was suggested I believe, the grineer ship dock extraction was 171 meters doorway to the far wall.

The winner so far was the room I figured was the longest in one straight shot, that I have measured so far. The corpus hangar room wins from doorway to doorway at 220 something meters. It's either 220, or 200. It's over 200 though for sure.

I also found that ceres conveyor belt room with the ships, it seems pretty spacious but I didn't measure it because of the mission being a nightmare and I was thoroughly annoyed at the time. Also didn't measure the interception corpus square map because I hate doing interception honestly.

Ceres Hangar Extraction - 171 (exact measurement, also 140 roughly out of the nook doorway, just wall to wall)

Corpus Hangar - 200+ easily (measured from the doorway up on the hill to the complete otherside)

Derelict and Void rooms are pretty much out of the question because of being over designed, with way too many things in the way in general.

I did some measuring.

You need to post your results for us, preferably in video format! I gotta see this! Maybe if you have Excalibur and rhino and hydroid you could show theirs too! Edited by (PS4)SCP-100912