An Idea To Add Replay-Ability And Diversity.

Legonist

One thing that I noticed after playing Warframe for a while is that due to planet systems being assigned a level range each tile set has its own difficulties (if not used in multiple planet systems). So if i want to play on the earth tile set but want more of a challenge or a faster pace I won't be able to get that. Once you get rank 30 weapons you have to put them aside if you want to get that challenge or pace on a previous tile set. To add some more diversity and replay-ability to the game I suggest these two ideas:

1. Add a system in which you can increase the difficulty of the enemy's (similar to Diablo's monster power system but as a sub-option for each map).

2. Add an option for more enemy's and more dense enemy packs ( this is a different type of difficulty then just more difficult enemies)

This would add both replay-ability and diversity to planet systems which are considered lower level and would give people the choice to play in the tile set they wish to and not be limited. There are a multitude of similar ideas that could be added so that people are lured back to places which they normally don't play unless there is an alert or they are leveling some low level weapons.

On a side note: As to nightmare mode, it is a nice toss up but it is not really what I mean, it does have more difficult enemies but it also has some random things like no shields or timer which not all people want. It could be changed to reflect some of my ideas or receive some similar overhaul to make it better but overall atm it is just not what im talking about, it is limited in many ways due to there only being 1 or 2 in a planet system (if any at a time) and the game mode being pre-assigned.

I actually kind of like this idea.  I might have made a different comparison for the difficulty system - that is to say, I'd probably have compared it to the Intensity system that is present in Kid Icarus: Uprising, or the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS (Only because I don't have as much experience with Diablo).  But implementing such a system would more than likely add a fair bit of challenge, and maybe adjust the rewards accordingly?  And you could even throw in a system that enables Tenno to match up with other Tenno by including a search parameter for similar difficulty settings.

Edited by MusicGamer

I think you are really onto something good here! If I may suggest anything, it would be to combine all 3 ideas to replace N.M. with a difficulty that would increase pack density, spawns and perhaps one random debuff per mission - and this difficulty would start at say Enemy Lv.50

I feel like that would give every single node in Warframe (as they all have slightly different enemy type ratios) a fun, end-game, purposeful way to utilize them with endless replayability. What do you think?

EDIT: in answer to the above post, having difficulty and spawn rates both increasing to an even amount across any tile would really seem to prevent any very high-end players farming without having to match the reward with their skill

Edited by Shrintoo

I could almost see these happening as something like a Tenno Council simulation, it could have a stacking unlock sense in that perhaps Exterminates for Corpus/Grineer/Infested will unlock across any planet you have all nodes for, you reach a certain respect level with the Council from those and they will deem you worthy of having MD's and then eventually the Boss Nodes. Really cool way of unlocking lore/questing for the absolute elite enemies in the game if you have the Tenno Council guiding you through it if you ask me :) and it sounds fun!

DE will have a party when they eventually read through my ideas (not yet guys I'm just getting started)

For it to work there would need to be some variety in the nodes to avoid everyone being spread out among nodes in the same planet system doing the same thing but not knowing of the other guys on the other planet. XP and rewards can always be adjusted as DE sees fit to avoid people using whatever new system they would implement as purely farming system. 

One thing that I see this system needing is a long term progress system, namely the Focus system when it is ready. Playing a mission for the mission is nice but most people don't do that. With a long term goal combined with people personal goals/challenges a new difficulty system (like the one i suggested) would add some much needed diversity and replay-ability.

Frankly, I wouldn't suggest this. May get complicated. May get abused

I'd simply add more planets/missions/alerts/operations/etc that are hard to unlock or only allow the "top" Tenno.

For example:

1. resource/weapons/technology shipments - cargo ships that hold a lot of resources, weapons, weapon blueprints, etc, heavily guarded, once the loot is stolen, you must evacuate before the ship self destructs (captain trying to kill you)

2. Attack fleets - groups of 3 or 4 ships that are aimed at some random target, you use the archwing to infiltrate each ship (a cinematic, you "teleport"), there are 2-3 frigates (protection) who must be destroyed to attack the carrier/capital ship (a large transport ship), shoot the nuclear cores etc rct etc.