Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afker's....

FusionPwN

people talking about how it could be abused, I hope ya'll understand the word VOTE, meaning all 3 other squadmates would have to vote yes to kick the person. So if you get a group of three individuals who all want to kcick kick you because they are trolls, think your a noob, and so on; well, the chance is rather low that that situation would occur. 

Edited by shepshifter

Game is a bit too buggy to justify a kick button right now I think.  I try to type in chat if I've become stuck in the floor, fallen through the world, or whatever - even that doesn't always work though.  At least a few times, the chat wouldn't work either. I had a person tell me they were stuck in the floor once, but people in voice thought he was afk-ing and came back to type gibberish.  It just wasn't English.

I've only played a few months (since May I think), but I've had missions become unfinishable on my end, been stuck in the floor, fallen through the world, etc. many many many times.  Taken as a fraction of my total missions, it's not super-high, but well over 40-50 times have I had crap happen to me or someone else I was with.  I'm afraid a kick system would be abused to get rid of frames groups don't like, punish people that are victims of bugs, and just kick people for lulzy reason.  I've already been victim of single-person trolling where people hosting ODD would wait till the last second to click over to "Claim & Exit" kicking the entire party with no rewards.

I think the reputation system will probably be a better idea in the long-run.

This topic has been brought up to many times... and without DE doing a single thing about it... the Warframe I used to know is crumbling slowly...

Are you sure you have ever played a game that is actually poorly run (no fixes/updates for months)?

Anyway, a kick feature would be abused (unless maybe the three other players have to vote in favor of the kicking), but something like an automatic disconnection would be good. I once played a Survival IV where a guy would sit in a spot that enemies don't attack, for most part of the game.

solution:

make a afker timeout after 5 min ( login screen ) works in other game

(only when idle in a mission/conclave/dark sector not moving , chatting etc complete Away From Keyboard, then a disconnect that brings  "afk player" to the login screen.)

lots of players will think twice before afking the mission

( can still be exploited by moving ur char every 4 minutes, but then the person would be subject to maintaining themselfs in a match and cant really "afk" as they are doing right now, also lets not forget how easy we human beings forget the time, then they get punished with no end mission results and WOULD actually be better off finishing the mission, why else play? to move every 4 minutes? so this solution is valid in my eyes.) just imagine all the rage from afkers who forget the time, and find themselfs in a loginscreen , missing the reward(Or even a alert!)) , wasting time and all for nothing, im sure they will play the missions more as people learn quite fast when they fall.)

places to NOT make this happen:

dojo

your own ship

Edited by NickBoay

I had another idea that was first meant as a joke, but people actually liked it: 

Since everyone does not like AFKers, why not we have this: 

For any player that does not do anything (not moving, not shooting etc.) in a mission for 45.0s, he/she will have a Radiation status effect applied to him/her until he/she does something again (that Radiation status effect symbol will have a red cross over the normal Radiation status effect symbol to indicate the person os AFK). That way, other players in a cell can just shoot the AFKer down, and let him/her die in shame.

If said AFKer is killed through that method, he/she will not be rewarded with anything if he/she continues to not do anything (not reviving him/herself, not moving etc.). 

That way, everybody wins, and no need for vote kick button.

i actually doubt that.

a much higher chance of the reputation system being eventually implemented.

my thoughts on this are for a personal blacklist or a host-kick system.

p.s. the host kick system already works with a bit of knowledge on how to do it. (i'll leave that to the class, not going to detail it directly)

The rep system could fix some of this AFKing, especially if it were a "open" system, where if you have a chip on your shoulder because you I dunno, afk'ed or something, people would know. People don't like to be judged badly, and in a game like warframe which requires long term effort, you wouldn't just make a new account to continue heckling others. This is especially relevant with the coming hubs, warframe's community will be more tight-knit than ever.

The problem is that the spawn had an elevator, and he stood there the entire mission

I  know of the mission. You should not start the mission when some members of the team won't move to the elevator. Just quit the mission and let them be stuck there forever.  Another option is to go up, trigger the defense mission and immediately leave so they'll get a mission fail.

I  know of the mission. You should not start the mission when some members of the team won't move to the elevator. Just quit the mission and let them be stuck there forever.  Another option is to go up, trigger the defense mission and immediately leave so they'll get a mission fail.

And I get a disconnect because of an afker

The rep system could fix some of this AFKing, especially if it were a "open" system, where if you have a chip on your shoulder because you I dunno, afk'ed or something, people would know. People don't like to be judged badly, and in a game like warframe which requires long term effort, you wouldn't just make a new account to continue heckling others. This is especially relevant with the coming hubs, warframe's community will be more tight-knit than ever.

IIRC, the rep system will be an "open" system as you describe it.

The last time (many, many dev streams ago) it was explained as a system that would only act based on reviews submitted by you specifically. If you were to give someone in particular a low rating review, you will no longer be automatically paired with that person in public matchmaking and vice versa for a high rating.

Edited by Deetwo