Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disparity In Mod Levels And The Undesirability Of Maxing Them

Braken

Anyone else find it somewhat odd that a small amount of mods have 10 levels instead of 5? Wouldn't it work a bit better and be nicer if ALL mods (other than warframe abilities) could go up to 5 levels? I can understand that some of the ones that go up to 10 may need to be weakened a bit, so there wouldn't be a MASSIVE jump in power between levels, though.

Also, considering how limited our mod point pools are (even with potatoes. 60 sounds like alot, but it really isn't), it really isn't the best idea to max mods. I find that counter-intuitive. You put SO much time, luck, and credits into maxing mods, but then you can't really use them.

There's 3 ways that I can think of to make this a bit better. Either give weapons, sentinels, and warframes more polarity slots, decrease the mod point cost of some of the mods, or, make it so that we can adjust what level of mod we want to use (aka raise or lower the effective level of mods depending on how high we have them leveled, so we can balance mod points, without having to gather a TON of different leveled mods.)

I'll add my agreement too.  It's also annoying that one goes through the work of leveling mods you like, only to find later that you can't fit all 8 into a weapon anymore without there being a polarity slot.  It's for this reason I don't use melee weapons without polarities anymore, simply because I can't put all 8 into a melee weapon without there being polarities to help mitigate the cost.

I get why it's there, and it's to force players to be choosy about what mods go where.  However, I really don't think that as Mods get more powerful, you should have to accept that you're not going to be putting all 8 into a weapon anymore unless there's a polarity slot.

With that said, if you can "graduate" a weapon back to unranked, only this time with a polarity slot of your choice, I'd be completely okay with that.

I'll add my agreement too.  It's also annoying that one goes through the work of leveling mods you like, only to find later that you can't fit all 8 into a weapon anymore without there being a polarity slot.  It's for this reason I don't use melee weapons without polarities anymore, simply because I can't put all 8 into a melee weapon without there being polarities to help mitigate the cost.

I get why it's there, and it's to force players to be choosy about what mods go where.  However, I really don't think that as Mods get more powerful, you should have to accept that you're not going to be putting all 8 into a weapon anymore unless there's a polarity slot.

With that said, if you can "graduate" a weapon back to unranked, only this time with a polarity slot of your choice, I'd be completely okay with that.

I know that the devs have been talking about a "prestige" system, where you reset something to unranked, but you can change/add a polarity slot. I'd be happy with that too.

I don't mind the mod levels, but I do find it annoying that currently I have to refrain from maxing mods to ensure I can fit the ones I want on my weapons and warframe. Both weapons and warframes need a higher mod energy pool so that they can fit a proper selection of maxed out mods.

Agree with OP. It's kinda stupid also that you can ruin a weapon with the wrong mods just because you no longer have the space to fit a set of half decent mods but if you had maxed mods you basically shoot yourself in the foot because your weapon no longer has the utility it had with a more diverse set of mods.

Also would like to see that the max level of EVERY module is an equal number of points so when or if it goes in a polarity slot and it's an odd number it still charges you the rounded up number for a higher level mod! Easiest way to do this so far would either be -1 point from every module currently in game or add another upgrade level to every module.