Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gender Choice

(XBOX)Your a Grub lol

Corners need to be cut for the sake of game convenience. Even IF there was multiple copies of the Excalibur "Frame" when placed on a Tenno, the abilities would not be identical, otherwise your are implying that the Void mutates people cookie-cutter fashion, using some "ability template" which is ludicrous to consider.

This also would be invalidated by the fact that it would mean only females can get fire abilities, because Ember is "always a girl".

At most, you might have mutations that have different level or class of fire manipulation, not identical, and each crafted frame would have also been unique, with a number of differences to fit the Tenno in question, this would be no different to if we had a thousand skins or helmets to pick from and be unique.

The only page with Lore is this one

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Story_and_History

my reasoning comes from the fact that even the Void will have RNG, so you cannot possible get two identical mutations.

As I've posted earlier on, Vor is quite clear about this. Tenno gain Void energy from exposure to the void. The Warframes shape that power into an effect, E.G. it is the Frost Warframe that gives any Tenno Cold powers using their Void energy. Ditto the Ember Warframe vis Fire powers.

Tenno do not control the Warframe's divine energy. The Tenno are that energy. Each Warframe you control is merely a glass shaping your furious light.

Which, of course, makes perfect sense as that is precisely the mechanism we use to set up our powers in the game, by adding Orokin mods to our Warframe. The Lore is designed to match gameplay. This is also why we have "Affinity" rather then XP, it's how much connection the Tenno has with the Weapon/Warframe.

"Ember" is a category of suits of armour, not a person, it's a line of Warframes and the pilots can be male or female. "Ember" is only "Always a girl" in the same way a boat is.

Now it's possible the _first_ Tenno to pilot the suit (that became the Ember Line) was female as mentioned in the codex, its also possible that first Tenno also had the callsign Ember, but we have no evidence or that. It's also stated that that little girly could produce fire effects from her Void energy without a Warframe. Cool but it says nothing about _all_ Tenno just that one Tenno.

For all we know the rule could have been "If you're strong enough to have unique powers outside the Warframe the Orokin built a custom Warframe for you that could channel your void energy in a similar manner. That new Warframe line was then made available to all other Tenno"

Our callsign is our account name as the bosses are quite clear about in their taunts. They refer to our Tenno by our account name and our currently worn Warframe by its class

"Your (Warframe) is no match for my advanced Orokin weaponry!"
"You just signed your death warrant, (Account name)!"
"You hide behind that (Warframe). Face me like a true warrior!"
"Your (Warframe) will look great hanging from my wall."
"This is your final warning (Account name). Leave this system at once!"
"Your (Warframe) warframe makes you slow and clumsy."
"You have forced my hand (Account name)... Know that it was Kela De Thaym who ended your existence..."
"I know your name, (Account name)... There is little you can hide from me... Run... While you can..."
"First...I will kill you, (Account name)...Then...I shall eradicate every last member of (clan name)!"
"And I will strike down upon (Account name) with great vengeance and furious anger!"
"Beneath those suits exist flesh. Flesh bleeds. (Account name) bleeds."
"I forgot my nails... I guess (Account name) will have to do"
"You shall suffer as we have, (Account name)."
Edited by SilentMobius

Pretty sure it's implied that the Tenno don't necessarily have a physical body anymore. Or it can be inferred as such, at least. 

Excalibur gets taken apart in the Alad V trailer, and it's hard to tell, but it appears to be empty inside. Given that a living Mag is then brought up to repeat the process, the Excalibur was presumably also alive before dissection. Implication being that the Tenno no longer has a physical body.

Wow it has been over a month since we had the last of these threads.

Short answer: Not gonna happen.

Long answer: The devs decided against this, in order to give each Warframe a certain character/personality. Does LOL or DOTA have the option to gender switch their hero characters? Because apperently that's how we have to see Warframes as classes of characters rather than just suits. Or maybe not.

The Devs have shown that they are unwilling to make it clear just how Tenno, Warframes and the player character are meant to be seen. Perhaps they haven't even decided themself.

They have however left the possebility open to create gender counterparts which would share the same role and stats but different abilities.

Personaly i think another reason is that they can safe on having to create two models for one Warframe this way, meaning twice the work for half the price they can sell them. With the above mentioned option open they can still eventualy sell these new gender counterparts seperated.

Edited by Othergrunty

*Immense knowledge*

Bravo, not-so-silent Mobius.

Laying down the law when it comes to the lore.

Your account is your Tenno.

One account, one Tenno.

Each Tenno may use any number of tools: Weapons, sentinels, warframes.

Using a bow does not make you an "archer Tenno" and using an Ember does not make you a "Female Tenno", it's just something you pick up to accomplish a task.

Free your mind.

The frames each player uses aren't "original", actually.  If you read Valkyr's entry in the Codex, it mentions there being an "original" Valkyr from which the other frames are inspired.  So in essence, each Valkyr is merely a copy of the "original", same with Mirage.  The memories that Lotus shares are of Mirage's "original" pilot.

My guess?  Back in the day there were only a select few "Tenno" each possessing a different Frame.

What does gender have anything to do with it?

I can enjoy a game regardless of the gender of my character. eg. Tomb Raider is great, so is Hitman :/

Or in MMOs I'd have a character's gender based on what I want from that character. eg. If I want to be a crazy badass who is always underestimated, I'd go for female with some dark visuals