General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Keybinding Ui Will Not Allow Certain Commands To Be Left Unbound.

Llyssa

Was confused about megan's hint about kubrow roaming, so I checked all the options menus, didn't see anything, and then tried to check keybindings.

Didn't see anything there either.

(Looked it up on youtube. >.< )

However, I could not leave the keybindings, it kept demanding I set a bind for roll.

I have one, with the sprint/roll combo key--hold to sprint, double-tap to roll.

I'm not even sure I'd consider rolling "vital" to the game(probably my least-used manuever... close tie with blocking), but if I have to, I can.

There's no reason the game should demand I make a separate keybinding for roll when I already have one. I didn't make one(I refuse to--many reasons), and had to alt+f4 to leave.

I'm not even sure I'd consider rolling "vital" to the game(probably my least-used manuever... close tie with blocking), but if I have to, I can.

Rolling is quite useful at times (time it well and you can reduce the Slash status effect damage made by an Eviscerator on your Warframe, since rolling reduces all incoming damage, including DOT status effects). And definitely vital for reducing the damage from explosive weaponry, or generally confusing the heck out of players and enemies at times. 

There's no reason the game should demand I make a separate keybinding for roll when I already have one. I didn't make one(I refuse to--many reasons), and had to alt+f4 to leave.

That is probably just a safety check of sorts (in case the program glitches up). 

No, mine was just "roll", not "sprint/roll", because I actually *do* have sprint/roll bound.

I'm guessing you use 2 separate keys for yours?

Apparently you need to have both sprint/roll and roll keys bound. I don't use sprint/roll key myself so I have it just bound to some random key so I could leave the key mapping options.

• 2 weeks later...

I went in to check my keybindings to check something, but upon exiting, was given a message stating to the effect of "Roll Command is unbound. Please review." A few thoughts went through my head.

#1: I unbound that command a very long time ago. When did it start checking for that?

#2: The Sprint/Roll command is bound, shouldn't that count?

#3: I DO WHAT I WANT *Alt+F4*

Apologies if this is in the wrong section, it but it sure seems like a bug/unintended feature to me.

Edited by Onihikage

Badump. It's even more annoying that you can't even back out of that menu without the "error" message showing up. The menu doesn't even have a confirmation button, it just automatically saves whenever you change something, it seems. Should be changed, so "Confirm" saves your changes and leaves, while "Back" leaves without changes (like for the rest of the options).

When did it start checking for that?

Can't have been for too long, because I changed a few keybindings when I started to play Firefall (a month or two ago) and they didn't check back then.

Edited by Bibliothekar