Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Difficulty Settings.

NickBoay

Difficulty Settings: ( Easy // Normal // Hard // )

I Prefer NOT to increase mob level by each difficulty , INSTEAD i prefer to have more mobs running at you, ( till the point where u get swarmed ) , offcourse this would create a exploit where players would choose hard mode only to gain the most materials possible, so i would suggest the following:

Example:

Easy:

A little less mobs then usual, the game is a pushover.( a few levels lower then original )

Normal:

How the current mobspawn is, can be tons, can be small groups.( the normal level for the mobs related to mission info)

Hard:

Tons of mobs swarming you, attacking from all sides. ( only big groups and a few levels higher)

THO CAUTION: I dont want Hard mode to end up like a T3/T4 match the main idea is to increase the spawnrate on a higher difficulty.

Why?

This enables the player to play the difficulty he/she prefers, and wont be stuck in a match that is “boring” in the player experience, you can spice things up.

New players often find themselfs outclassed in each and everyway when a experienced player steamrolls the map, this would give the “steamrollers” a alternative then taking poor new player kills, and pick on someone their own size ( hard mode ), leaving the new players / halfway players together so they can fully enjoy the game also.

Experienced players often find themself screaming their name trough the map ( Echo ) cuz it so darn empty after they did their thingy. ( blow up map for example ) hard mode would allow a bigger / and more rapid mobspawn in higher numbers maybe also.

IT WILL SPICE THINGS UP!

Problems & Possible Fixes: ( more problems or possible fixes, post them and I will add them here !)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Materials:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They would drop more in a hard mode map, making the choice to go into hard mode wheter u can handle it or not attractive knowing there are strong players in the map that can help you survive and gain a massive loot for your level.

Fix1:

Make hard mode unlock when you played the easy/normal mode once. ( or maybe like 5 times even)

Fix2:

Link it to conclave ( for example map is Mercury – Lares)
easy / normal mode does not require any Conclave rating, but hard mode would require at least over 500 conclave for example. ( All numbers i bring up are subject to change its just to give a main idea).

Edited by NickBoay

This setting would be great on survival, there are so many instances where enemies just don't spawn fast enough to keep the oxygen up.

i agree

but one problem with survival is that it should be about "How much can you take" , and not about " how much air have i got left" , it also raises questions like why wouldnt the enemy cut me off from life support in other missions if it would benefit them? etc, but thats a topic for another day imo survival should just be a timer and mobs that increase in strenght at least then u can actually experience a gamemode with freedom , life support could just be removed if you ask me and it would still work fine , people leave around 30-40 min , ( to much heat ) , noobs wont get yelled at for wasting life support , and i wont need to run my azz off to make it to extraction cause there is 0% left when i still have not even gotten close to my limit , survival should be how far can u go , and yes matches will take 40 min - 1 hour - 1H+ ( pro ), but that would just be the fun part and a good reason for me to do more survivals, but like i said topic for another day lets keep this one about the difficulties please ^^) !

Edited by NickBoay