Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Suggestion - Set

FightingFalcon7

Set (who comes from Egyptian mythology as the God of Desert Storms) would be a sand based warframe. His play style would be based around diversion. He would be a weaker warframe with high damage similar to Ash or Nova.

Abilities:

Sand Blast: Fires a blast of sand at a single target, dealing damage and blinding them.

Warriors of Sand: Set creates a temporary sand cloud to hide himself before emerging with 5 copies of himself. The copies move around on their own as well as shoot enemies however the copies do no damage whatsoever. Copies draw enemy fire and burst into sand when killed or when the ability's time runs out. Again this deals no damage.

Quick Sand: Set creates an area of Quick Sand around himself sucking enemies to the center of the area and drowning them in sand.

Sand Storm: Set creates a devastating Sand Storm around a target area. The storm reduces enemies vision and decreases their accuracy in the Storm. The Storm does high damage, mainly Slash damage.

something i would say would be cool is um,,,, sorry if it makes you made for me giving ideas i know some people like that

but heres what i would like to see

and the ultimate would be cool if you can spawn sand golem, wouldnt that be pretty sweet? a huge monster that you spawn that just goes around killing enemies until the duration is over?

1 and the first could be like how you said but instead of exploding , it makes shards of rock or pillars come up and stab for a really short time (highish damage for like 2 or 3 seconds)    

2 maybe impaling an enemy or something? im not sure on two just makin suggestions 

3 the sand storm sounds like a good idea but it would be a good if you put it in one area and it damages in a kind of flurry of sand whirling around like number 2 but it does damage and you basically put it on the ground? llike how fire blast is but basically you put it on the ground and enemies cant see in that area and are blinded and damaged

4 and the ultimate would be cool if you can spawn sand golem, wouldnt that be pretty sweet? a huge monster that you spawn that just goes around killing enemies until the duration is over?

i think that would be cool maybe i dont really know

Just some tips for making powers more unique:

#1 Sand Blast: less of a projectile attack and more of a knockdown-dealing slash-damaging line attack. Limited range but hits everything in its path at once, regardless of barriers aside from map walls.

#2 Obelisk (new idea): Older poster's "impalement" idea could work; causes a sandstone/metallic obelisk to burst up from the ground near Set, either a fixed distance away from him or where he's pointing like with Hydroid's powers. Can impale/kill enemies as it bursts out, then can serve as a sort of temporary cover and/or allow Set and allies to strike it with melee weapons to launch a chunk of itself in the direction they're facing, at the cost of reducing its duration/size.

#3 Warriors of Sand: to make it more distinct from Loki's decoy or Mirage's Hall of Mirrors, clones should have a limited supply of HP and be relatively easy to kill to compensate for their random mobility.

#4 Sandstorm: IMO seems different enough from Zephyr's Tornadoes since it's a stationary area hazard rather than mobile DPS traps; more or less could work as-is.

Set (who comes from Egyptian mythology as the God of Desert Storms) would be a sand based warframe. His play style would be based around diversion. He would be a weaker warframe with high damage similar to Ash or Nova.

Abilities:

Sand Blast: Fires a blast of sand at a single target, dealing damage and blinding them.

Warriors of Sand: Set creates a temporary sand cloud to hide himself before emerging with 5 copies of himself. The copies move around on their own as well as shoot enemies however the copies do no damage whatsoever. Copies draw enemy fire and burst into sand when killed or when the ability's time runs out. Again this deals no damage.

Quick Sand: Set creates an area of Quick Sand around himself sucking enemies to the center of the area and drowning them in sand.

Sand Storm: Set creates a devastating Sand Storm around a target area. The storm reduces enemies vision and decreases their accuracy in the Storm. The Storm does high damage, mainly Slash damage.

1st,2nd and 4th ability=Prism

3rd ability=Undertow (I think it's called undertow...whatever the one hydroid has that's all)

Just some tips for making powers more unique:

#1 Sand Blast: less of a projectile attack and more of a knockdown-dealing slash-damaging line attack. Limited range but hits everything in its path at once, regardless of barriers aside from map walls.

#2 Obelisk (new idea): Older poster's "impalement" idea could work; causes a sandstone/metallic obelisk to burst up from the ground near Set, either a fixed distance away from him or where he's pointing like with Hydroid's powers. Can impale/kill enemies as it bursts out, then can serve as a sort of temporary cover and/or allow Set and allies to strike it with melee weapons to launch a chunk of itself in the direction they're facing, at the cost of reducing its duration/size.

#3 Warriors of Sand: to make it more distinct from Loki's decoy or Mirage's Hall of Mirrors, clones should have a limited supply of HP and be relatively easy to kill to compensate for their random mobility.

#4 Sandstorm: IMO seems different enough from Zephyr's Tornadoes since it's a stationary area hazard rather than mobile DPS traps; more or less could work as-is.

Yeah I like that idea for the second ability. I also like the improvements you made for Sand Blast and Warriors of Sand. So everything would look like this then:

Abilities:

Sand Blast: Fires a blast of sand in a line at a certain range, knocking down and dealing slash damage to all enemies hit in the line.

Obelisk: Creates Sand Obelisks around Set  that impale/kill enemies as it bursts out, then can serve as a sort of temporary cover and/or allow Set and allies to strike it with melee weapons to launch a chunk of itself in the direction they're facing, at the cost of reducing its duration/size.

Warriors of Sand: Set creates a temporary sand cloud to hide himself before emerging with 5 copies of himself. The copies move around on their own as well as shoot enemies however the copies do no damage whatsoever. Copies draw enemy fire and burst into sand when killed or when the ability's time runs out. Again this deals no damage. Copies have limited amount of HP.

Sand Storm: Set creates a devastating Sand Storm around a target area around Set. The storm reduces enemies vision and decreases their accuracy in the Storm. The Storm does high damage, mainly Slash damage.

How Does that Sound?

Edited by FightingFalcon7

Yeah I like that idea for the second ability. I also like the improvements you made for Sand Blast and Warriors of Sand. So everything would look like this then:

Abilities:

Sand Blast: Fires a blast of sand in a line at a certain range, knocking down and dealing slash damage to all enemies hit in the line.

Obelisk: Creates Sand Obelisks around Set  that impale/kill enemies as it bursts out, then can serve as a sort of temporary cover and/or allow Set and allies to strike it with melee weapons to launch a chunk of itself in the direction they're facing, at the cost of reducing its duration/size.

Warriors of Sand: Set creates a temporary sand cloud to hide himself before emerging with 5 copies of himself. The copies move around on their own as well as shoot enemies however the copies do no damage whatsoever. Copies draw enemy fire and burst into sand when killed or when the ability's time runs out. Again this deals no damage. Copies have limited amount of HP.

Sand Storm: Set creates a devastating Sand Storm around a target area around Set. The storm reduces enemies vision and decreases their accuracy in the Storm. The Storm does high damage, mainly Slash damage.

How Does that Sound?

Much better.