Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now That We Have Archwing, Mechas And Giant Robots Please!

noveltyhero

Hey guys,

Now that we are getting archwings, could we get giant robots and mechas as enemies?

Mechas could be twice as big as our frames of Corpus, Grineer and even Infested faction.

Would love to fight those, you could see them standing on ships too shooting at us as we fly around where they are easy targets and on the ground where they are much harder targets.

By giant robots I am talking about Metroplex style stuff:

I would love to fight these enemies :D

What do you guys think?

I don't see this fitting into Warframe. Sorry, OP...imho if you wanna fight robots, go play Hawken. It's free too.

Why? Corpus is a technologic and robotic faction, they couldn't hurt to have even more. Especially story wise, now that the Grineer have the Fomorian ships, they could opt for something to defend themselves with hence giant robots :D

I don't see this fitting into Warframe. Sorry, OP...imho if you wanna fight robots, go play Hawken. It's free too.

We already do fight robots. Corpus.

And yes, OP, this would be amazing! We could even fight and destroy Grineer and Corpus spaceships as-well! 

Why? Corpus is a technologic and robotic faction, they couldn't hurt to have even more. Especially story wise, now that the Grineer have the Fomorian ships, they could opt for something to defend themselves with hence giant robots :D

It doesn't seem to fit the Grineer style to me. Vay Hek is the closest I think we should get to a giant mech.

The Corpus use robots, yes, but again, it doesn't seem to fit their style. They aren't industrial; they're a merchant cult who tries to rebuild and reverse-engineer Orokin technology. Besides, the Corpus are already getting new units which have been decided on. There's a thread somewhere called "Enemies of the Tenno".

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

As long as it's still the warframe fighting and they're not just piloting a mech.

It'd be both, you could encounter the mechs in archwing phases (which is where they are in much more numerous numbers but are also easier targets) and when you are on foot, which is when they are harder to fight (like mini bosses) and rare in numbers. To push the impression of how powerful archwings really are

It doesn't seem to fit the Grineer style to me. Vay Hek is the closest I think we should get to a giant mech.

The Corpus use robots, yes, but again, it doesn't seem to fit their style. They aren't industrial; they're a merchant cult who tries to rebuild and reverse-engineer Orokin technology. Besides, the Corpus are already getting new units which have been decided on. There's a thread somewhere called "Enemies of the Tenno".

Yeah I understand that however, story-wise it makes sense the Corpus would fear the Grineer's new battleships.

In the past each faction did something to push each other for innovation in order to not be left behind, this would be another step in that process :/

That wouldn't work due to various reasons also archwings seem far more exciting :D

Read OP. He's talking about enemies.

Oh. I thought he was talking about frame mechs XD

Anyways, I don't see larger support units being thematically inappropriate. We already have two Corpus bosses that could be considered mechs, and one Grineer one. Slightly scaled-down versions could be cool to fight in normal missions, though the small size of some tiles could be a problem.

Yeah I understand that however, story-wise it makes sense the Corpus would fear the Grineer's new battleships.

In the past each faction did something to push each other for innovation in order to not be left behind, this would be another step in that process :/

I understand where you're coming from (+1 for creativity), however, I'd rather see a Corpus board member resembling the persona of Mezner (from darkSector, he was a true evil genius, like a less-wimpy version of Alad V) step forward and perhaps create a battleship of their own.

No. Please, dear God, no.

Step 1:

Go to Steam

Step 2:

Search and download "HAWKEN" for free.

Edited by (PS4)NearlyDedicated

This wouldn't make sense until the introduced larger levels and possibly free-roaming. We would have to see massive ground battles with Grineer Hovertanks and Corpus artillery and such for this to make sense. What seems more likely is a jetbike, and even then, that's probably not until the prerequisites I already mentioned have been met.

This wouldn't make sense until the introduced larger levels and possibly free-roaming. We would have to see massive ground battles with Grineer Hovertanks and Corpus artillery and such for this to make sense. What seems more likely is a jetbike, and even then, that's probably not until the prerequisites I already mentioned have been met.

Pretty sure it's possible, yeah new tilesets obviously needed but in outer space, just a broken off ship with a giant robot can be made already. (just giant robot needed)