Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Better Defence/interception "continue" System

Cogrock

Hiya All, (Warning... I ramble... this may be long)

TL:DR - People last second dodging to continue fighting in defence/interception suck. My suggested improvement is under the first bold/stary line.

I'll go out on a limb here and assume it's not just me that has a slight problem with this, and that this has been suggested before but I can't seem to find anything along these lines.

The problem... these *insert string of profanity* people who click to continue fighting in defence/interception missions and then dodge at the very last second. These people should be confined to Mercury for the remainder of their life for being such complete... well... I shall not utter the terms I used earlier for them.

I suppose I'm fine with it when a couple of team members have already declined early on in the countdown, but when 1/2, 2/3, 2/4 or 3/4 people do it (half or more essentially) and basically leave you hanging with a far lesser chance of success... they really should be penalized for it as it really screws up the next set of waves for those left remaining.

**********************************************************************************

My proposed suggestion/improvement (I won't call it a solution)

**********************************************************************************

If one of more players decline to continue fighting when the timer is on say... 5 seconds or less, the countdown adds 5 more seconds for the remaining players to rethink their choice. This gives them time to make a decision based on someone leaving.

This would happen any time someone declines when there are 5 or less seconds on the timer, not just the first person.

Those that do decline when the timer is under 5 seconds remaining will then no longer be able to select the option to continue. Afterall... they know what they are doing at this point and that they don't want to continue.

This should reduce or maybe even remove the problem with there being little of an annoyance for those whom want to stick it out and keep on fighting. At most, these people would only need to wait a few seconds more before they can get back in game and start kicking @$$ again.

Little bit more rambling

This happens to me a couple of times a week and it's pretty damn annoying. Especially when these little scrotes put "lol" or "haha" in the chat afterwards.

This also seems to be popular on some lower level missions (such as Lares) in which players who are clearly moderately experienced in the game (MR6 +) and they leave the still fresh to the game newbies hanging high and dry.

It's a pretty cruddy experience for those guys when these jerks dodge at the last second.

Anyway... there we go... thoughts?

Edited by Cogrock

Or...

When the entirety of a cell's members select "Continue", the countdown timer stops counting and the mission goes on.

Ex: You and your buddies all pick "Continue" after 2 seconds, and the timer just goes away. It's impossible for a troll to switch his choice at the last second, because his decision is irreversible if all of his teammates have chosen to continue as well.

(Not my idea).

Just thought I'd add that in; your idea is fine as well.

I have a question though: Are the person(s) who decide to leave under the 5 second threshold still able to pick whether they can continue on with the mission or continue to leave? And is the process repeatable after they've chosen to continue? (Like, everyone is back at square one with the countdown clock).

Or...

When the entirety of a cell's members select "Continue", the countdown timer stops counting and the mission goes on.

Ex: You and your buddies all pick "Continue" after 2 seconds, and the timer just goes away. It's impossible for a troll to switch his choice at the last second, because his decision is irreversible if all of his teammates have chosen to continue as well.

That could be added as addition to other changes, but it seems to rely on ALL players making the choice to continue, so it wouldn't help all that much. If 3 of 4 people want to continue then that option wouldn't work... then some of them could dodge.

I have a question though: Are the person(s) who decide to leave under the 5 second threshold still able to pick whether they can continue on with the mission or continue to leave? And is the process repeatable after they've chosen to continue? (Like, everyone is back at square one with the countdown clock).

I mentioned that in my post :)

Though I wrote that at something like 3 or 4am, and may not have really considered all of the effects.

My initial thoughts would be that if you chose to decline when the timer has less than 5 seconds remaining then you cannot select the option to continue again. This would be so that you cannot keep resetting the timer and so you can't just troll others and make them think you are staying when you're not.

You have had 10+ seconds to make your choice already... you should know by now.

That being said one should also take into account that the game defaults you to continue anyway even if you don't select an option. Which is a little confusing, but would be more so if combined with my idea. With the system I suggested in place you could remove the awkward middle column and just default everyone to a clearly marked "continue" column. That way any last second choices are easy to catch, and no one gets caught wondering who's going to picking what. It;'s either leaving or staying and fighting.
Edited by Cogrock