Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Do I Not Like The Lotus Very Much?

Draconzis

I'll be honest with you, I have no idea why I don't like her, that is why I posted it here. IDK, I just don't trust her. I feel as if I am just being used by her. Lotus and the Tenno are exposed to be the good guys right? I feel like they are just another faction biting other faction's heads off. Is it because I am not all on the lore, or what? Or maybe... there is truth to my suspicions and Lotus is actually evil and using us! No, probably not. I feel as though, if given the choice, I would rather serve Alad V than Lotus, and I am pretty sure that guy is evil.

I just don't know.

EDIT: I apologize if this is in the wrong section, this just seemed to be the most fitting.

Edited by Draconzis

"I don't like Lotus because I feel like it, I don't really have a reason. Enjoy my post telling you this."

You seem to have misunderstood, it would be more like:

"I don't like the Lotus because I do not know why. Help me in pinpointing the reason? Enjoy."

Edited by Draconzis

"I don't like the Lotus because I do not know why. Help pinpointing the reason? Enjoy."

I did. People don't do things they don't like to do when they don't have a good reason for doing so. You 'hate' the Lotus because you like to. Perhaps you like having something to hate. Whatever floats your boat, dude.

On section, I think you're good, but I have a feeling it'll get kicked to either "players helping players" or "general feedback". Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.

They've been working on putting in more lore into the game, but the official "word of god" from the dev team is that the lotus REALLY IS the goodguys, and we REALLY ARE the champions of the universe, they just haven't gotten enough done to depict it right yet.

A lot of the game is "filler", stuff that was put in place until they could make what they actually wanted. This has seen a lot of bosses rewritten, and a lot of lore updated, and a few things restructured when it was pointed out that it falls outside of the "good guys" theme. If you've noticed, most of the reworked bosses aren't merely "evil" but "extremely evil", cutting apart people, murdering civilians, building death stars to blow up planets... they are a particularly rotten lot, and it's our job to stop them.

They're still a long way from finished with everything they have planned, but they have been working on things to make sure we are the heroes.

Oh, and for reference: Alad V's current(and ever expanding) list of crimes(so far):

-Personally fileting dozens of tenno, including valkyr(who survived the process).

-Murdering millions of people by unleashing uncontrolled infested upon them.

-Murdering millions of people by turning them into infested that he he is now trying to use as a mercenary force to take over the galaxy

-Building Zanuka out of the dead bodies of tenno in frankenstein style, and using him to assassinate political enemies.

So, we're totally certain Alad V is the most evil of evil we've got. He's a pretty awesome villain, but the fact he treats everyone as merely a product he can turn in to a machine of war means you probably should not work with him.

I did. People don't do things they don't like to do when they don't have a good reason for doing so. You 'hate' the Lotus because you like to. Perhaps you like having something to hate. Whatever floats your boat, dude.

Not going to lie, I am having a great deal of trouble understanding what you just posted. "Hating because you like to"..... Are you calling me a troll? Or perhaps bringing up a philosophical view on why we hate?

On section, I think you're good, but I have a feeling it'll get kicked to either "players helping players" or "general feedback". Not sure, but I wouldn't be surprised.

They've been working on putting in more lore into the game, but the official "word of god" from the dev team is that the lotus REALLY IS the goodguys, and we REALLY ARE the champions of the universe, they just haven't gotten enough done to depict it right yet.

A lot of the game is "filler", stuff that was put in place until they could make what they actually wanted. This has seen a lot of bosses rewritten, and a lot of lore updated, and a few things restructured when it was pointed out that it falls outside of the "good guys" theme. If you've noticed, most of the reworked bosses aren't merely "evil" but "extremely evil", cutting apart people, murdering civilians, building death stars to blow up planets... they are a particularly rotten lot, and it's our job to stop them.

They're still a long way from finished with everything they have planned, but they have been working on things to make sure we are the heroes.

Oh, and for reference: Alad V's current(and ever expanding) list of crimes(so far):

-Personally fileting dozens of tenno, including valkyr(who survived the process).

-Murdering millions of people by unleashing uncontrolled infested upon them.

-Murdering millions of people by turning them into infested that he he is now trying to use as a mercenary force to take over the galaxy

-Building Zanuka out of the dead bodies of tenno in frankenstein style, and using him to assassinate political enemies.

So, we're totally certain Alad V is the most evil of evil we've got. He's a pretty awesome villain, but the fact he treats everyone as merely a product he can turn in to a machine of war means you probably should not work with him.

Perhaps I don't like Lotus and I like Alad V because, GASP! Because I am evil! Welp, time to don my red and black armour and go hunt down tennos who's actions have consequences.

Perhaps I don't like Lotus and I like Alad V because, GASP! Because I am evil! Welp, time to don my red and black armour and go hunt down tennos who's actions have consequences.

Have you heard of Darvo?

You should talk to YandereSamantha about Darvo. https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/user/214732-yanderesamantha/

She will tell you the good news, much better than I can.

Not going to lie, I am having a great deal of trouble understanding what you just posted. "Hating because you like to"..... Are you calling me a troll? Or perhaps bringing up a philosophical view on why we hate?

No. Don't overthink it.

You said you have no reason for hating Lotus. If you didn't want to hate her (having no other reason) then you wouldn't. You chose the decision you liked better. You like to hate Lotus.

More lore is always good.

But I don't know, I just really don't like the idea of us being some force of absolute justice and all of our enemies being the puppy-kickingest monsters imaginable. Shades of grey are much more interesting. That was why Gradivus was awesome, neither choice was the right choice.

Guest Tehnoobshow

"I don't like the Lotus because I do not know why. Help me in pinpointing the reason? Enjoy."

Find a shrink. Or you could pay me 1000 plat for a month of psychiatry sessions. I'll give you the first session for free. Let's start with your childhood, shall we? What was the first thing you could remember?

No. Don't overthink it.

You said you have no reason for hating Lotus. If you didn't want to hate her (having no other reason) then you wouldn't. You chose the decision you liked better. You like to hate Lotus.

The philosophy stuff was a joke. I never once said I had no reason to hate her, I just said that I do not know. Seriously, though, you cannot choose who you hate and who you like. If that was the case, I would like everyone for who they truly are. "Like to hate" is something that a troll would do, and I, my friend, am no troll.

Find a shrink. Or you could pay me 1000 plat for a month of psychiatry sessions. I'll give you the first session for free. Let's start with your childhood, shall we? What was the first thing you could remember?

Well, I first remember waking from my Cryopod....

More lore is always good.

But I don't know, I just really don't like the idea of us being some force of absolute justice and all of our enemies being the puppy-kickingest monsters imaginable. Shades of grey are much more interesting. That was why Gradivus was awesome, neither choice was the right choice.

No, Corpus was the "right" choice.

Alad was only experimenting on tenno, and his reasoning for it was to try and find a way to stop the grineer oppression of his people.

The grineer 1. enslaved everyone they captured, 2. wanted the tenno for themselves, to murder them, 3. were attacking a sovereign state.

So the corpus was the "right" choice, but you were allowed to be evil if you wanted to.