Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bumping Vs Reposting?

Guest Tehnoobshow

Question

Guest Tehnoobshow

If I have an old bug report or concept thread that never got any attention, should I bump it or create a new thread with the same content?

4 answers to this question

If it's still relevant and it's old enough that you think it warrants attention again (as in the devs might not be aware of it or that it's still an issue) then a bump would likely be warranted opposed to a repost.  A bumped thread would include the original timestamp so they can know it dates back at least that far (as well as potentially any discussion from others on the matter).

unless the Thread is archived, as long as it's still relevant and you're trying to add useful information to the Topic of that Thread, then by all means.

having less repeat threads is always preferable. if there's already a thread on it, unless it's completely ancient and probably not relevant anymore, i'd rather bump one with new information than create more spam on the Forums.

that's why every Forum since forever asks people to search for similar threads instead of creating new ones :p