Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Use Of Controller In Walking/running

Arioch1973

While I am grateful that they allowed you to toggle the run/walk in the game, I would like to propose a better system for those that play with controllers. By using the analogue sticks you could have a transition between walking/running just by how much you push the stick in a direction. This would also allow the pressing of the button on the stick (which now is used for toggle between walk/run) to be used for activating rolling instead. A much more natural way to control your character imho.

What do you say? And I hope the developers will at least consider this idea :)

Yes. But what I failed to explain clearly was that what I wanted is a transition from Walking to Running to Rushing (holding down left stick is by default to enable rushing), and I want it just by moving the stick to the max axis point. That would free up a button for other actions as rolling or whatever you feel you need.

Meanwhile I remapped Rush/Roll to left bumper button, and activate currently select power to pressing left stick. It is at least for me easier to keep the left bumper pressed while controlling my character than it is to pressing down the stick while moving it. Alternative is to set left stick to toggle rush, but ten you lose the ability to Roll.

Edited by Arioch1973